“The French Quarter has a new Belle of the Ball!”
Review of Moonshine Nettie

Moonshine Nettie
Ranked #31 of 238 Shopping in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Glitter, rhinestones & rock n roll adornments, curiosities, sparkles, rock tees & selected vintage garments.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

So I made my regular trip to my favorite city to find the lovely ladies of Moonshine Nettie (Ragin Daisy to us long time shoppers) have moved back to where they belong! The new store is a JEWEL on Royal Street! Right across from the prettiest hotel, with it's lovely corn stalk fence, the sisters that sparkle have painted the street HOT PINK with sparkle a gogo!! They have new things that I fell in love with, and some of the same artists from years gone by...BUT THE STORE NEVER GETS OLD OR COMMON PLACE! I was again like a kid in a candy store! The jewelry, is just so fabulous I couldn't make up my mind! I brought a few goodies home for me, and even did some early holiday shopping. I couldn't help myself...ya gotta get the pretties while ya can! So many one of a kind SPECIAL gifts... those of you that I bought for will thank me later!!! Welcome back to the French Quarter Ladies!! I am saying a little retail prayer that you never go away again!!! VIVA LA SPARKLE!! VIVA LA MOONSHINE NETTIE!!!

2  Thank stacey c
There are newer reviews for Moonshine Nettie

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Words can't express how much I love this shop and the ladies who run it! I've followed these sisters from their original store on Chartres Street (back in the day when it was Ragin Daisy) to their former place on Oak Street and now back to their rightful place in the FQ on Royal! I always find something here that makes me feel prettier - whether it be a lipstick, a unique handbag or one-of-a-kind, fabulous costume jewerly. This isn't a place for understated or mundane accesories...there are plenty of other places to go if that's your thing. But if you're drawn to an offbeat,funky,super sparkly shopping vibe, THIS is your Nirvana in NOLA!!!

1  Thank NOLAPinkLamb
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Love this place! Two of the sweetest women on the planet and this shop has the coolest stuff!
Making a decision on which trinkets you want might be difficult so I suggest buying one of everything! Bling, vintage, fun!!

1  Thank Nolafreak621
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I absolutely love the vibe in this store..the owners were both there and welcomed me into their glittery pink refuge. Didn't know where to look first..lots of vintage goodies and new things too. Very interesting vintage inspired jewelry and locally made items..an adorable selection of customized slips that are perfect for an evening out in the quarter. I got to talking to one of the owners about the fabulous "hair pretties" and tiny hats that she makes..if you need something to bump up an outfit these items would be perfect...don't get me started on the fab glitter vinyl purses they have..too many goodies and the store is a visual treat. The back part of the store is an art gallery and the subject matter blends perfectly with moonshine nettie..not to be missed if you are shopping the quarter.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My daughter and I were fortunate enough to spend some time with the two lovely sisters in there "Magical Boutique...MOONSHINE NETTIE" There is a variety of unique products...This place is
full of nostalgia!...These two ladies made us feel at home. Love what I purchased and will back soon!! Love you girls..Thank you for sharing your stories as well

~ Patti & Marie