“Great accommodations, peaceful and comfortable in...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Dining and Living Room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Spanish first
Any
Cheryl P
“Great accommodations, peaceful and comfortable in NOLA”
Reviewed 23 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Miss Verna provides a comfortable and worry-free experience. The home is comfortable, fully equipped and so peaceful to return to after a day in the quarter. So glad we stayed here and not in a downtown hotel, where there are tons of people and noise. Being able to return to a quiet home with all the amenities is perfect. Miss Verna goes out of her way to ensure your comfort, from checking in with you to providing yummy local food on our first night! The only fault is that the beds are not comfortable, but who is comfortable away from their own bed anyway? Truly a great home away from home, I can't recommend enough. When we come back, this is exactly where we will stay.

10 Jul 2017
Cheryl, Thank you for the lovely review. I am so glad that I was able to add to making your trip so pleasurable, and look forward to hosting you again in,the future.
Dustin C
“Nice little place...”
Reviewed 18 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

My wife, 2 kids and I stayed here for 4 nights. When we first got to the house there was food from a local restaurant, which was amazing. There was all kinds of snacks and drinks stocked up for us. The house was clean and had everthing we needed.

4 May 2017
Dustin, Thanks for the lovely review. It was a pleasure to host you and your family. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to New Orleans.I hope that I get an opportunity to host you again in the future. Gratefully, Verna
Reviewed 20 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

22 Mar 2017
Thank you Teresa for your kind review. It was a pleasure to host you and your family, and I hope I have the opportunity to host you again in the future.
Reviewed 25 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

25 Feb 2017
Thanks for the lovely review. It was a pleasure to host you and your party. It will be a pleasure to host you again in the future. I am so glad that I was able to add to your enjoyment while visiting. Verna
Reviewed 3 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

22 Mar 2017
Thank you so much for the kind review. I was a pleasure to host you and your party. I hope a have another opportunity to host you again in the future
Coastal68...
“Home away from home.”
Reviewed 26 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

I stayed at Ms. Verna's place with my children and it was wonderful. Ms. Verna has stocked the refrigerator with drinks and snacks in the kitchen. Then she even provided dinner from Melba's. I will never stay in another hotel, Ms. Verna has spoiled me.

27 Dec 2016
Thanks so much for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure to host you and your family. I look forward to hosting your family again in the future.
WVFamilyB...
Bluefield, WV
“Really comfortable place to stay in New Orleans.”
Reviewed 27 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We stayed at Verna's place in New Orleans for three nights. We we first got here - we were greeted by cute baskets full of chips, breakfast danishes, and oatmeal. There are window a/c throughout the house that you have to turn on and we were having difficulty with the one in the main living room - but a quick call to Verna and we got it going (just push the on button really hard for a little longer than you would expect. We had told Verna around what time we would be in as she likes to provide a "snack" for her renters for the first night. That's what I thought the baskets were. I was surprised to hear a knock at the door and a young lady that works with Verna came carrying in dinner from a local restaurant "Melba's" She also left her number should we need anything during our stay as Verna was attending to a family issue out of town. The snack turned into a delicious home cooked dinner which gave us the opportunity to just relax after a long drive in. The beds were very comfortable and the place cooled down while we were exploring the french quarter. Saturday night is a very busy night to try and take in all the sites downtown, however and we finally found a pay parking $20 for 6 hours parking (street parking is good if you can find the pay to park but is only for 2 hours, parking on Sunday is free in many places). I will say that Verna provides a lot of information in brochures and other things about what to do down town as well as some recommendations for restaurants nearby. The French Quarter is about a 10 minute drive from her place so it was very convenient to everything we wanted to do. This is located in the Ninth Ward and you can see some places that are very nice mixed in with some that have been boarded up. We never had any problems that made us feel unsafe in any way. There is a lovely locked gate on the front door that locks when you are inside as well as a door chain. Again - I have two daughters and my husband and none of us felt nervous at any time while staying at Verna's place. We parked in the pull in next to the house, so parking there was not an issue either. There is a lot to do in New Orleans. We recommend visiting the WWII museum, market street, bourbon street, fifth quarter, traditional beignets at Cafe Du Monde (but they come 3 to a bunch and are very large). We also enjoyed dinner at Oceana Grill in downtown and Chef Rons Gumbo Stop in Metarie. I will also review them on trip advisor. I would recommend this place for anyone. Verna does all she can to bring warmth and a feeling of home to here. I would stay here again if we were ever in this area.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The interior niceties (baskets of goodies, meal from Melba's, water and pop in the fridge, coffee and filters available, soft linen and towels.
Liked least: The area around her home is still in the rebuild stage after Katrina - but you can see progress.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
28 Jun 2016
Susan, Thank you for the lovely review. I am so glad that you were comfortable and enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure to host you and your family. It is my goal to make my guest feel comfortable and at home when staying with me. I am glad that I was successful. Verna
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing