“Awesome”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Living Area
Living Area
3rd Bedroom (Queen Bed)
Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Gregory I
“Awesome”
Reviewed 5 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Ms. Verna’s home was awesome, the house was exactly as described. She greeted us on the first day with a delicious meal from Melba’s that’s actually located a few minutes away from the house and is opened 24/7. The beds are comfty and she provided heaters and more blankets for those cold winter nights. We did have a few times where the heaters blew out a fuse in the back half of the house, but it wasn’t a big deal or inconvience. All and all nice place to stay and would most likely stay there again!

19 Jan 2018
Gregory, It was a pleasure to host you. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay..Thanks for the lovely review. Verna
A TripAdvisor Member
“A”
Reviewed 1 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Wonderful just wonderful everything was great , clean and we got snacks owner was very attentive and informative

15 Nov 2017
Thanks for the sparkling review. It was a pleasure to host you and your party. Verna
donilop
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Perfect place to stay in New Orleans!”
Reviewed 8 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Verna shows hospitality like no one else. Cozy, clean duplex, with comfortable beds. The location is close to everything. Friendly neighborhood. It exceeded our expectations!

Your age range 35-49
22 Oct 2017
Doni, Thank you so much for the fabulous review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay in New Orleans. It was a pleasure to host you and your party. I look forward to host you again on your next visit, Verna
A TripAdvisor Member
Orlando, Florida
“Very cozy nice place in NOLA”
Reviewed 13 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Michael and Verna are superb as hosts. First time in 40as a tourist that a tenant welcome us with traditional food and a place so comfortable plus affordable!

Its just minutes from downtown NOLA, has free parking, full equipped kitchen, snacks all around the house included and very comfortable beds!
Next time in NOLA this is the place where my family will stay for sure!

Thanks a lot Verna!

25 Apr 2017
Thank you so much for the lovely review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit. It was a pleasure hosting your family. We are looking forward to hosting you again in the future. Verna
Leonard R
“Amazing Stay”
Reviewed 21 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Our experience staying in New Orleans at Ms Vernas home was just that home away from home she kept in contact with us from booking to end of stay. Her place is a really nice 3 bd rm. Her hospitality was warm and friendly, home was equipped and secure, with everything you would need to enjoy your stay we did! hated to leave, I encourage everyone who plans to visit New Orleans on vacation or business to add this cozy spot into the plans it's amazing.

23 Feb 2017
Leonard, Thank you for the sparkling review. It was a pleasure to host you and your party. I look forward to hosting you again in the future. Verna
elsbethsm...
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Host”
Reviewed 12 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Ms. Verna was friendly, warm, and responsive to our needs and questions. She had hot food waiting for us (much to the delight of my teenagers who loved the fried chicken, mac and cheese, and gumbo!) upon arrival and gave us helpful advice about our visit to NOLA. Her house was stocked with breakfast and snack items as well as beverages, all of which was much appreciated. The house itself was as described and was tidy and functional . The neighborhood seemed sketchy at first, but part of that is that there are still signs of Katrina in the Nineth Ward. However it is close to the touristy areas by car and thus served as a good home base. I think that this is a good value for a family with a car.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Ms. Verna
Liked least: Road noise
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
12 Apr 2016
Thank you for the the lovely review. It was a pleasure to host you and your family. I am so glad that I was able to contribute to the enjoyment of your New Orleans experience. Once again, thank you for granting me the opportunity me the opportunity to host your family. Verna
Melvina B
“Very Accomodating”
Reviewed 21 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

My family of 7 and I stayed at Verna's 3 bedroom duplex. Verna was very easy to work with. There was plenty of space for everyone, using all three bedrooms and by using the pull out sofa. When we arrived in the evening Verna had dinner waiting to my surprise. She also stocked the unit with snacks and drinks which helped out tremendously. It is not located in the best neighborhood but we were safe with her security methods along with everyone was friendly that we encountered. The location was 10-15 mins from the French Quarter as described. There is a nearby Wal-Mart. This property is well kept inside and out...and a must see. I would highly recommend this place to everyone if you are looking for a nice spacious affordable stay!

How easy was key pickup/access to the property? Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Space and pricing
Liked least: neighborhood it was located in
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
13 Apr 2016
Melvina, Thanks for the great review. I am so glad that I was able to contribute to making your visit such a success. Thanks so much for choosing to stay at my home. Verna
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing