Mr. Ed's Oyster Bar & Fish House, French Quarter
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: Welcome to the French Quarter! Come experience classic New Orleans Oysters and Seafood, just a block off of Decatur Street! Mr. Ed's Restaurant Group is a group of seven establishments located throughout the New Orleans metro area including Austin's Seafood & Steakhouse in Metairie, Mr. Ed's Seafood & Italian Restaurants in Metairie and Kenner. We also have three additional Oyster Bars in Metairie, Mid city, and one on St. Charles Ave.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The fried catfish, jambalaya & etouffe are excellent. You get a ton of food for the price- could probably split a meal between 2 people. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this place... I started off eating at the Metairie location, then I the St. Charles location opened up and lastly I found out about the French Quarter location. Interestingly enough each Oyster shucker and charbroiled Oyster Grill-man has a signature taste to their charbroiled and baked oysters so where ever I am in the city that’s the location I’ll eat at.
They have a great atmosphere, great hospitality and even better food. You won’t be disappointed with their seafood platters, pastas, appetizers, OYSTERS so much so that you won’t think about those other oyster hotspots which I won’t name because here, you’re in good hands

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a shrimp po' boy and my friend had jambalaya. Fast service. Attentive and thoughtful waitress. Outstanding, reasonably priced lunch!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I were caught in a downpour on the way back to our hotel and found Mr. Ed's by chance. A small restaurant, but the waitress was friendly and helped us with our order. We started out with the gumbo - which was really GOOD! We also had a shrimp appetizer which was smothered in brown gravy - which was AMAZING! Great experience - will definitely come back here the next time we are in NOLA.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First night on the trip, long day and simply wanted a decent dinner. Found Mr Ed's randomly after spending time to avoid the masses (of tourists like us!). Waited a few minutes outside for a table while being entertained by the lively staff. Seated upstairs and greeted upon arrival by friendly staff. We found the place to be very low key and relaxed.
Massive plates. We particularly enjoyed the Charbroiled Oysters. Not fine dining, but we had a mighty fine time.