We can't find prices for this accommodation
1870 Banana Courtyard French Quarter / New Orleans B&B
Ranked #37 of 137 New Orleans B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Honeymoon haven ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2005

June 2005
My husband and I honeymooned in New Orleans. The Banana Courtyard was wonderful. Innkeepers, Mary and Hugh, were so very pleasant and helpful. Many of the fantastic restaurants we visited were based on their suggestions. Clean & very Home-like. The claw foot tubs are heavenly.
Top Notch for comfort and service!!!
Can't wait for another trip back! Thanks for a great B & B.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2005

It’s my home away from home. I feel there is always a place for me at Banana Courtyard. CONVENIENCE is very important to me since I am slightly mobility impaired. Each time I return, I take a different person with me and they always love the place.

I can never get enough of New Orleans French Quarter. With suggestions of Hugh & Mary, there’s always a different place to sample the Big Easy food, listen to music, or special places to visit like little known, historic cemetaries that aren’t in guide books. If it rains, I could spend my whole trip inside the B&B and never get time to look at all the intersting collectibels, books and art they have.

My latest discovery from them was , Holt Cemetary, St. Anthony’s Garden, St. Aug’s fish fry Friday, and Apple Barrel Bar who had a great Jazz group playing.

You’ll say thank you to me, if they have a room left there.

Enjoy and them them I told you to call.

(Yvonne the magnificent)

• Stayed June 2005, travelled on business
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2005

We just got back from the best trip we've ever had to New Orleans because of all the great information Hugh and Mary gave us. They are knowledgable and helpful. We went to the greatest places and ate the best food because of Mary and Hugh! They really made this a special trip for us and a very memorable birthday for me!

• Stayed May 2005
7 Thank TravelingGirlyGurl
Camberley, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2005

My fiancé and I stayed at the Banana Courtyard from the 21st to 25th March 2005. We arrived to be greeted by the lovely Mary and Hugh, who were quick to offer us a well needed drink after a long drive to New Orleans. You cannot find better hosts than these two!!

The house itself in amazing, and we could have easily spent a whole day reading all the wonderful books and magazines provided for guests to look through, as well as looking at the amazing photographs and pictures.

We stayed in the Cannonball Room, which is at the front of the house, and it was as stunning as everything else, with a huge four-poster bed, ceiling fans and gorgeous decoration. My only concern about the room was the fact that it was on the main street, which did wake us up on the first morning, but as long as you take a personal stereo with you (which we did) to hide the noise, or use earplugs, or are used to street noise, you will be fine!! I am a light sleeper, and I managed ok. There was also construction going on next door, from 7.30am most mornings, but again, it was fine to sleep through once used to it (and it won't be going on forever!)

The location was also great, just a 10 min stroll to the heart of Bourbon Street and its wonderful bars and clubs, or a 20 minute stroll to the Riverfront shops, which were great and well worth a visit.

All in all, I would happily recommend the Banana Courtyard to anyone visiting New Orleans, and will be staying there again if we ever return!

• Stayed March 2005
5 Thank Emilie
Van Buren, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2005

We stayed at the pool house. It is in the plantation compound. It was our 10 year anniversary and Mary was so helpful. My husband had just returned home from Iraq and the pool house was super relaxing. the pool is tiny and very refreshing on hot New Orleans nights. I am planning on haveing a family reunion there this fall. Wouldn't stay anywhere else. Also ask for Abe the taxi driver. Great guy.

6 Thank kelly f