Absolutely loved it here. Eclectic, eccentric and lots of Fun. Filled with antiques, odds and ends, memorabelia, so much to look at. The room we stayed in (hexagon room) was absolutely massive with high celings, a very comfy bed, and lots of personality. We also stayed in the balcony room, which was very clean and friendly, but not as ecclectically decorated. Either room was perfect with us. The owners (Hugh and Mary) were fabulous. Very helpful, thoughtful and people you would want to hang out with. Mary gave us a great walking tour, showing us around, and directions on how to get to the French Quarter, (which is all of one street away). Some people have commented on the security of the location, I had no problem with this at all. I felt very safe, even walking along the street to get to the French Quarter. I know Mary walks out that way all teh time. The B&B is behind a high fence, (need a key to open), and FULL of plants, a hammock and lots of fun things to look at. If you are looking for a sparkling clean, generic hotel, this is not the place for you. Go with a bit of imagination, a bit of whimsy and a sense of adventure, and you will be just as thrilled with the Banana Courtyard as I was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ooh la la. Naughty. In 1800s, bordello catering to society's elite. Bed and breakfast now, great location, we're at Gateway to French Quarter from I-10. French Quarter 1/2 block, Bourbon St. 3 blocks. Romantic balcony suite, courtyard, hammock, porch swing, antiques, MARDI GRAS costumes. Lagniappe: don't just visit New Orleans - live it like a local with our Insider Eguides: music, dancing, restaurants, food, history, culture, sightseeing. Yesiree, rates incl. tax, free local phone calls, Wi-Fi, soft drinks, bottled water, & Continental PASTRY breakfast with coffee, hot water for tea, grits, oatmeal, at least 1 pastry from nearby bakery, fresh fruit, and toast. Other stuff like cereal or yogurt, gluten by request. 23 years, 50% of guests cal us quirky & keep returning, we've got lots of antiques and each room has a special theme +is different. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your 1870 Banana Courtyard French Quarter / New Orleans B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1870 Banana Courtyard French Quarter / New Orleans Bed And Breakfast
- 1870 Banana Courtyard French Quarter / New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Courtyard New Orleans
- New Orleans Courtyard