After our cruise out of New Orleans, we stayed at this B&B, as i thought it would be different experience, then staying at the hotels we previously stayed there. WELL, it was different...you had to climb fire escape steps to get to your room & the room was never cleaned. It had a rug that was dirty & the shower stall was about maybe 3 ft.X 3ft....MAYBE! They have so many rules, but brag that if you stay there, they will show you the way to see New Orleans...not the tourist way, which is why I booked the room, but couldn't find anyone to tell me anything about the area! Also, you have to constantly lock & unlock all the doors to get in & out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ooh la la. 1800s bordello catered to society's elite. Bed and breakfast now, great location at corner of French Quarter. Bourbon St. 3 blocks. Gateway from I-10. Romantic balcony, courtyard, hammock, Verandah, antiques. Lagniappe: don't just visit New Orleans - live it like a local with our Insider Eguides: music, dancing, restaurants, food, history, culture, sightseeing. Our tax ONLY 5%, most hotels are 17.5%. 23 years, 50% of guests call us quirky & keep returning. Each room unique, with a special theme. INCLUSIVE, free local phone calls, Wi-Fi, soft drinks, bottled water, & Continental PASTRIES breakfast with coffee, hot water for tea, grits, oatmeal, fresh fruit, and toast. Other stuff like cereal or yogurt, cheese, boiled egg, sandwich meat, gluten by request. All private ensuite bathrooms, individually controlled heat and air. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your 1870 Banana Courtyard French Quarter / New Orleans B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1870 Banana Courtyard French Quarter / New Orleans Bed And Breakfast
- 1870 Banana Courtyard French Quarter / New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Courtyard New Orleans
- New Orleans Courtyard