“Belated thanks”

Ranked #4 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Belated thanks”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My seven year old daughter, Ashton, and I stayed at the B+B in May 2013 for a girls' long weekend after a crazy year with a newborn at home. How could we pass up a place that shares her name? She thought she was famous! Since we had a newborn at home, I really wanted a nice, quiet room so I could sleep for the first time in months and that Ashton and I could spend some quality time together. We had a great time. Patrick was very patient with all of my questions and the breakfasts were amazing....Guy was very kind to Ashton when she tried new foods and there was no pressure for Ashton to act a certain way since she was the only child I saw there that time. We stayed in the main house and it was classy. If I return with our youngest I would probably stay in the courtyard rooms because she is almost two and into everything. I would worry about the beautiful things in the hallway and such. But that is my concern and not coming from anything Patrick commented on. If you have kids, the space in the backyard would save you for playtime or snacks if you wanted to be outside more. My husband and I are debating places for Spring Break and I hope that Ashton and I win out and can return with the whole family soon. This is a clean, classy place that is definitely doable with young kids.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Our first B&B experience has set the standard high! Clean, beautiful inn with a nice location to typical tourist attractions. Patrick was helpful with making plans for dining and attractions. I wish I didn't dive into breakfast morning so quickly so I could have posted pictures of the food and presentation. The days alternated between sweet and savory so my husband and I were both satisfied. Overall, a fantastic experience that we would highly recommend and would return to in the future.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Shannon1023
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My husband and I had never been to New Orleans before. We found Ashton's on trip advisor and we decided to try it. Our stay was wonderful! Patrick was such a great host. He helped us with reservations and choosing tours. The breakfasts were delicious. Everything about this bed and breakfast was first class. The amenities were wonderful and the bed and sheets were so comfortable. If we go back to New Orleans we will be sure to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My husband and I stayed in both the garden district and at Ashtons.' And we prefer Ashtons hands down! Esperanza is a quiet street filled with locals and houses that are being restored. It's very close to Dukey Chase, three blocks from the local bus and 20mins on foot (at a slow pace) to Frenchman street (near the rowdy Bourbon st). The breakfast was divine! This coming from foodies that ate at Mr. B's, Commander's Palace and Galatoire's! The hosts were extremely accommodating, super knowledgeable and just exuding with kindness. We will definitely be back and REALLY Recommend this gorgeous B&B to our friends and family! We loved the shower so much we bought a Hansgrohe for our master bedroom (the spray options, pressure and steam were so great after our long walks). We hated feeling an obligation to go places because we really wanted to enjoy our room and the space. Thank you for opening your home to us Patrick! (and a special thanks to Wendy who helped arrange my special Bday cake surprise for my husband)!

Christopher & Emery Ortiz

Room Tip: No Way!! Then it won't be available when we want it!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This was my third stay at Ashston's. My daughter and I came for the New Orleans Bowl-she had attended Tulane! The house and grounds are beautiful and the Christmas decorations gorgeous. Breakfasts were sumptuous and the hosts delightful! I didn't want to leave!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Maynard, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This beautiful and luxury abode certainly does not fit into the usual "B&B" category - it is much more than that. We stayed there for a few days to celebrate our son's wedding ceremony - which actually took place under the 300 years old oak - right in Ashton's backyard. Karma and Patrick made everything to make it easy for us. They are enormously friendly and hospitable - you really feel like staying in a loving relative's home. The interior decoration is exquisite - all made with perfect taste. It was Christmas time so the front side was gorgeously decorated as well.

Patrick's breakfasts deserve a separate chapter, if not a book. Staying at Ashton's you simply start your day with a feast. The food is exceptionally delicious (sometimes it is a even 2-course breakfast) and very nicely served in a beatiful room. During the day you can always have a cup of tea or coffee of your choice with some candies or snacks like Ashton's famous spicy pecans.

Actually the place was chosen for the ceremony by my son's bride, who had stayed there once with her parents and could not think of a better place for the occasion. My wife and I were there for the first time, but since then we only dream of coming back again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My wife and I have been going to New Orleans a couple of times a year now for the last three years. Three years ago my wife happened to find Ashton's B&B, Since then we have stayed at Ashton's on every trip we take to New Orleans. We even schedule our trips based on the availability of their rooms.
We tried staying at two other New Orleans B&B's, but the were not even in the same class. The hospitality and attention you get at Ashton's in unmatched. And the gourmet breakfast's are something that must be experienced, I could not describe breakfast at Ashton's and do it justice.
The house and rooms are beautiful, and no detail of your stay is overlooked. From the sheets on the bed, to the shampoo in the shower you will be impressed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple