“Ashton's Bed and Breakfast is AMAZING!!”

Ashton's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Ashton's Bed and Breakfast is AMAZING!!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

There were 8 of us (4 couples) that came out for French Quarter Festival from Arizona. Most of the group had never been to NOLA, so the ambience and southern hospitality were perfect! We stayed for 3 nights, and always felt welcomed and at home. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Patrick who promptly showed us our beautiful and wonderfully decorated accommodations. The large entertaining yard and back patio made for excellent get togethers for cocktail hour each night. They have really thought of every little detail. We stayed in the Cajun Kitchen, which has been beautifully remodeled, while maintaining the charm. The hot water is immediate, and never runs out. The whole staff is very warm and helpful. The front porch with the rockers made for a very relaxing night cap. Every breakfast was incredible, and nothing short of 5 STARS. If you get the chance to visit NOLA, I would highly recommend staying out of the quarter, and staying with Patrick and Karma. It is a short taxi ride into the quarter, but well worth it!! We cannot wait to go back next year!!

Room Tip: Cajun Kitchen is the only downstairs room, and is extremely charming. The bed is very comfortable, a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed at Ashton's Bed and Breakfast for a week. I was not disappointed, the awesome reviews are well earned.
The breakfasts were amazing, and more food then I could finish on several days!
The rooms are well kept and clean.
Patrick, the innkeeper, was helpful recommending restaurants. The location is just far enough away from the French Quarter to have peaceful sleeps and close enough to get to the action quickly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Saint Joseph, Michigan
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at Ashton's for 3 nights in early April. The property is wonderful--so authentic to the time it was built. We loved sitting in the rockers on the front porch and at the patio table under the huge live oak tree, which Patrick believes to be older than the house! All of our breakfasts were wonderful--we definitely didn't need lunch each day! Patrick was so helpful with suggestions for how to get around best and for what to do during the short time we were there. When we return to New Orleans (not if, but when!), we will definitely return to Ashton's!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Savona, Italy
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This is the perfect house where everybody should stay to taste true Southern Hospitality! Not only the house is wonderful, but the owners exceed expectations! I can truly confirm this since - my mistake - we arrived 1 day earlier (after 24 hours trip from Italy) so obviously our room was not available and at 12pm when I rang the bell and wakened them what a surprise to realize I DID such a mistake! They promptly opened their private house just to accomodate us for the night, and gave us breakfast too, all free of charge despite my request to pay. THIS is something I will never forget, thanks and thanks again. Once in our booked room everything was more than comfortable, it was gorgeous! Breakfast was different every morning, and what a breakfast-AAA+. in the room all from the super quality of sheets in the bed, to the smallest detail - all was perfect, clean, stylish and relaxing. Will be back again, arriving on the right day. Arrivederci soon, Paola @ Domenico.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PaolaSavona
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We visited New Orleans the week before Christmas. The B&B was decorated for the holidays with pretty lights outside and a HUGE Christmas tree in the common area. We stayed in the Jazz Festival room and it was spacious and very comfortable. I love the high ceilings. The sheets on the bed are the the most comfortable and soft sheets that I have ever slept on. We loved them so much we ordered a set for home.

Patrick does a fantastic job of making you feel at home and has great recommendations for places to eat and activities to do depending on what you are looking for. He is very knowledgeable and every recommendation he made was a hit. The breakfasts are extravagantly rich and delicious. We were there for several days and were lucky to try most of the dishes they make. All of them were great! The rest of the staff is wonderful and welcoming and I loved the kitties that hang out in the backyard lazing in the sun. Staying at the Ashton B&B was a wonderful experience. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Greenland, New Hampshire
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I took my wife to New Orleans on a long weekend for her birthday. From many recommendations (including those on this site), I chose Ashton's B&B and was rewarded with a fantastic experience.

The room quality was outstanding! Decorated charmingly, with modern comforts (including free WiFi), we were extremely comfortable and couldn't think of anything we needed that wasn't there for us. The phones had speed dial buttons for taxi service which made it very easy to get transportation. This was a very valuable, and thoughtful, convenience that we used often!

But let me say something about breakfast...Do Not Miss It!!! Each day we were treated to a meal that was not only delicious, but looked like it came out of a page of a gourmet photo shoot! See my pictures of breakfast included on this review. The morning motto was, "No calories below sea level!"

Beverages & snacks are available 24/7 which was great after a long day of exploring the city.

My wife & I truly appreciated our stay at Ashton's and are already talking about when we'll be back!

Room Tip: One recommendation I'll share is that if you're a light sleeper, don't stay in the Mardi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
New York Mills, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My partner and I recently got back from the most amazing trip in New Orleans largely in part to the most amazing bed and breakfast we have ever stayed at. The southern hospitality and breakfast paired with the impeccable room quality made our stay absolutely perfect! I highly recommend this B&B for anyone looking for a unique and special new orleans experience. Just minutes away from the French Quarter the Ashton's is in the perfect location! The birds awoke me every morning chipping from the 300+ year old oak tree that towers over the house. Truly an amazing experience as we are currently planning our next trip back!

Room Tip: Creole Queen- The Bed, Bathroom and Tub= Heaven- I wish I could have transplanted that entire room i...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple