“Charming place”

Ranked #3 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Charming place”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The breakfast is to die for. Patrick did the cooking himself, and the food was always excellent with enormous portion. I ended up skipping lunch most days. The place has a real charm to it, offers real originality of New Orleans. I got the room in the main house, and my other friends got the outside room. My room was very elegant and more spacious, but it was hardly sound proof. I remembered that the people on the room next door came back late, I assumed they were bit drunk, and started chatting loudly, and I could hear the entire conversation clearly. I guess that's what happens to older establishment. All in all, it is one of the most charming places I've been to.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wendy H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Houston TX
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We so enjoyed our stay at this lovely B & B- both Karma & Patrick were hospitable hosts who went all out in assuring a wonderful stay. The breakfasts were very special and can be included in all the fine dining New Orleans offers. The Inn was about a 7 block walk in to the Quarter in a quieter area of the city. We have stayed in The Quarter before and the noise can be very disruptive at night so this was a much better alternative for us. The Inn is full of beautiful antiques and obviously lovingly maintained. Brava to these innkeepers- they have got it all right!

Room Tip: Our room facing the courtyard was quiet and private.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cordele, Georgia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed here for the second weekend of Jazz Fest. I have been going to New Orleans at least once per year for the last 20+ years, and I have stayed at a number of hotels and B and Bs. Ashton's is undoubtedly the best place I have stayed. The rooms are elegant yet comfortable. The property is beautiful and peaceful and conveniently located to the entire city. The Innkeepers are knowledgeable and friendly. The breakfasts were diverse and incredible. I am planning on staying here for every future trip I take to New Orleans.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mesick, Michigan
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Our recent visit to Ashton's B&B capped off this Snowbird's enjoyable winter in the South. Our congenial host, Patrick and his staff made our stay elegant as well as comforting. We selected one of Patrick's dining recommendations (Toup's Meatery) and enjoyed a remarkable dining experience. That meal was followed by a quiet evening in the opulent surroundings of the Mardi Gras room. The next morning we were treated an excellent breakfast prepared by Patrick, himself. Although we did not get to meet his wife, Karma, the taste of her homemade blueberry muffins were the very best.My wife and I highly recommend the Ashton experience on your next visit to New Orleans!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Breakfast: heavenly. Room: gorgeous. Hosts: incredibly helpful. No room for improvement on our second visit here. Hint: unless you're famished, ask for a half portion for breakfast. Patrick and Karma are spot on with their recommendations.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We are still reminiscing about our first (and won't be the last) visit to Ashton's B&B. The hospitality and overall quality of this fine establishment truly made our stay in New Orleans special and worth a return visit. Thank you, Patrick and Karma, for contributing spot-on recommendations for dining and tour experiences. Not to mention sharing part of your own evening at Toup's and personally driving us "home" when the cab didn't arrive! One final recommendation ... order a set of bed linens as a souvenir until the next visit. Well worth the investment!

• Stayed March 2014
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 27 April 2014

A wonderful Bed and Breakfast Inn. The room was nice and very clean. The hosts and their staff are kind and gracious. They give personal service to their guests, sharing ideas and tips for things to do while in NOLA. The breakfasts were delicious and beautifully presented. A lovely front porch for sitting outside and reading as well as a beautiful tree shaded back yard for relaxing. A great sitting room with a lot of resource books about New Orleans. If you are into cigars, they offer a humidor with a variety of cigars for guests to help themselves to. My husband enjoyed smoking a cigar in the rocking chair on the front porch. Our bed had the softest, most comfortable sheets I have ever slept on. It is a short cab ride to get to the French Quarter. Ashton's is a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple