“lovely stay”

Ashton's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed 19 January 2005

I would highly recommend Ashton's to anyone. The home is beautiful, and has a fantastic front porch as well as back patio for sipping coffee or other beverages. The host is delightful, and is a wealth of information on things to do, and places to EAT. The rooms are very comfortable and quiet - offering such privacy that you forget there are other guests. The bed in my room was heavenly - high quality linens, great pillows, etc. The breakfast was great. We had peach stuffed french toast - incredible.

I had a wonderful time at Ashton's, and you will too!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 5 January 2005

My husband chose Ashton's after doing several searches via the internet. We were extremely pleased with our visit. Our room was immaculate and the furnishings were beautiful. We enjoyed two wonderful breakfasts and Patrick Ashton made a wonderful host. He spent time recommending plantations to tour and a restaurant to visit near the plantations. They provided a safe place to park our car off the street and we had an easy time getting around using cabs to and from the French Quarter and the Super Dome. We would recommend Ashton's Bed and Breakfast to anyone.

2  Thank MKKBirmingham
Reviewed 4 January 2005

The combination of luxury and comfort at Ashton's is wonderful. We had two marvelous rooms with lots of little touches that made them feel like the home we would love to have. Beds were extremely comfortable with great mattresses and linens. There were ample good towels, nice toiletries and phenomenal breakfasts. The hosts, Karma and Patrick and their staff go out of their way to make their guests feel that their beautiful home is "ours." Free local calls, an ample supply of fresh fruit, home baked goodies, and a variety of beverages are available around the clock. The guest living room also adds to the feeling of spaciousness and residing in a private home. We will certainly come back to Ashton's on our next trip to New Orleans.

Barbara, Finn and Morgan Hornum

3  Thank Holger
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 22 December 2004

If you want a relaxed ambiance, gourmet breakfasts, and hosts who are at your beck and call to guide you through New Orleans and what it has to offer, then there is no other place you would want to stay in New Orleans. A wonderful old house just off the French Quarter. You are close enough to walk to the Quarter, but far enough away that you have a quiet place to go between New Orleans experiences. We've stayed there several times, and in several of the rooms. All rooms are uniquely appointed and comfortable. You have all the amenities of a large hotel without being just one in a cast of hundreds of guests.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 December 2004

My husband and I enjoyed our stay this elegant, gracious home a little while back. The hosts were extremely helpful and acommodating and the breakfasts were very tasty. The availability of beverages and snacks at all hours was a nice touch as well.

The house is historic, and our room was charming yet modern with all of the conveniences including a large, luxurious bathroom with nice bath products.

There was a bus stop literally in front of the house, which made getting to and from the French Quarter and virtually anywhere else in the city, via buses or streetcars convenient during the day.

My only disappointment was some noise from the street and neighborhood at night, but everything else was so nice, I'd stay there again.

7  Thank TangoTeresa
Reviewed 9 December 2004

My wife and I had a WONDERFUL stay at Ashton's. The rooms are beautiful, and extremely comfortable, and everyone went out of their way to make our stay extremely pleasurable. My wife has certain dietary restrictions, and they accommodated her without skimping on the gourmet quality of our meals. I would stay at Ashton's again in a heartbeat!!!

3  Thank Sneemu
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 29 November 2004

I hesitate to write this review because I really thought Ashton's Villa was a nice B&B. Our room and breakfast service were both fine and the grand old house is really interesting.

The back yard could use some repainting and replanting but that's not a big issue.

My major issue was the location. I was truly nervous every time we walked out the front doors. Delapidated buildings across the street --thugs driving by with car stereos blaring -- the occasional police chase -- these don't do much to inspire confidence. Sure, you CAN walk to the French Quarters but why would you? We were correctly told that cabs are cheap in NOLA but we still spent $30 a day going to/from the Quarters.

Since I know Patrick and Carmen can't do anything about the area except maybe hassle the city government into requiring buildings be fixed, I still give them a positive review overall. I just think people who "won't spend much time in the room" like us may want to consider better and safer neighborhoods.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member