“Best food in New Orleans!!!”

Ashton's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 March 2010

This review is long overdue. In a city where great food is a main attraction, Ashton's Bed & Breakfast literally has the best breakfast. I have to admit that I chose Ashton's because of the scrumptious photographs of the breakfast dishes. Well, Patrick's breakfast dishes exceeded my expectations!

I have stayed at a few B & Bs in the past which I've enjoyed and have returned for multiple visits. However, after staying at Ashton's I now know what I had enjoyed at other places was at best average.

Patrick had me at "hello". The moment he opened the door, the view down the corridor was breathtaking. What a beautiful home! Our room was very cozy and I also enjoyed reading in the sitting room.

Patrick was a very gracious host. He chatted with us in the morning at breakfast and any other time during the day that we would run into him. He gave us great recommendations on where to dine. Also, he offered to drive us the less than 1 mile distance into the French Quarter because accessing a taxi would be difficult (on New Year's Eve).

I highly recommend Ashton's Bed & Breakfast and I look forward to going back.

Tadji

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 March 2010

Just finished a weeklong stay at this place. Would highly recommend it to couples that are traveling for leisure to New Orleans. The breakfasts were plentiful and well above average quality. I am still dreamy over the sweet potato stuffed French toast. Lots of free extras available. Cokes, chips, cookies. Left stuffed and ready to take on each day.

The owner/cook is friendly and helpful, as are the staff. He can give you much needed advice on what to see and what to avoid. His restaurant recommendations were great right down to the best dishes they serve. He's careful to cater his advice to your wants and needs. He doesn't try to put one size fits all. Every single thing he advised was spot on. The bed was comfortable. The rate was also very reasonable given the overall quality of the experience.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2010

Stayed for 4 nights in March. Decided to skip the usual hotels and try this B & B from other recommendations and we weren't disappointed. Short cab ride (or 20 minute walk) to the French Quarter. Patrick was an excellent host, his breakfast were amazing and truly top chef quality. The huge house was beautiful and our room (Jazz Suite) was spacious, lovely and had all the modern amenities. Snacks and beverages available all day were a nice addition. Patrick was also helpful with directions to area attractions. Definitely recommend Ashton's!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2010

We traveled to New Orleans over the Christmas holidays to visit our daughter. While our two grown sons stayed with our daughter, my husband and I chose a romantic escape to Ashton's which is only blocks from where she lives.

While lovely in all of its appointments (from the antiques, to the beautiful bathrooms, and even the gorgeous holiday decorations), what impressed us most was the warm welcome from the owners. They set up the inn to serve its guests and all of their needs. They had maps, guidebooks, and a a wealth of first hand advice to help us in our stay. They set up the dining room with 24/7 hot and cold beverages, homemade snacks, and fresh fruit.

But even above and beyond this, they served a gourmet breakfast every morning at whatever time was most convenient for us AND invited our children to join even though they were not staying at the inn.

We'll always remember our Christmas week there and are hoping to go back again soon.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2010

After a recent visit to Ashton's Bed & Breakfast, I have to wonder why anyone would choose to stay in a standard hotel when Ashton's is an available option?

The B&B's proprietors (Karma and Patrick Ashton) go out of their way to be welcoming and hospitable. The rooms are clean, nicely sized and well-decorated. The beds are extremely comfortable. And the breakfast is wonderful (the sweet potato french toast was a real treat!) The B&B's location has easy access to the French Quarter and other points of interest in New Orleans.

Bottom line: For the price, comfortable atmosphere, and great food, I will definitely go back to Ashton's Bed & Breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2010

Patrick and Karma were Excellent Hosts. This was our first time at a B&B and it was great. We stayed two nights and they were so Friendly. We stayed in the Creole Queen #8. Wonderful room and the bed and bath were great. The decor in the Home was amazing. We were in town for Mardi Gras. Karma was in a parade and graciously gave us a few parting gifts from the Parade. I can't say enough about the breakfast. The Bananas foster over WAFFLES was magnificent. Some of the best breakfast I have had. It was a bit cold in N.O. but they gave us a protable heater just incase it was a bit cold in our rooms. We were very comfortable. They thought of everything. STAY Here if you want to be close to the Quarter and feel like you are at home. Thanks again Partick and Karma.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2010

me and my husband stayed there a week ago. The owners were very friendly, so were the guests. The place is immaculate, the food is delicious, and they really know how to take care of thier guests, offering 24 teas, coffee, snacks and bottled waters... chocolates everywhere, beautiful artwork, what mainly stood out was the 2 kitty cats roaming around outside... so sweet and gentle, the way they just sit there on the step and protect and keep a lookout. What that says to me is the owners never shew them off. The beds were amazing. we spent 2 nights there, then stayed another 2 nights at the Ritz Carlton, which I wish we would not have left Ashtons, but the ritz was prepaid. I definitely recommend this place, its beautiful and this guy cooks excellent!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple