See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 April 2013

This place is great. I almost don’t want to post a review, but I can’t keep this place a secret. Does it have off street parking, No. Did I park on the street for three days for free with a nice car without incident, Yes. I chose to walk roughly a mile to the Riverfront Street Car every morning around 7:30 and enjoyed every step. 2 or 3 cafes and coffee places on the way. I stopped at few and grabbed a coffee and a breakfast snack in the morning, all about $5. I was at Café Du Monde by 8 or 8:15 every morning without trying. I love to take pictures and I can tell you I got easily 10 or 20 unique pictures every morning of what I believe is one of more unique neighborhoods in the world.

My walk through the neighbor hood was down Cloute St to Chartres St to Riverfront Street Car.

Room Tip: I doubt they have a bad room. I stayed in the Blue Room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank rmac_2
Reviewed 9 May 2012

.We stayed here recently as we were going to Jazz Fest. Very very clean, very comfy and accomodating. We had a lovely time! The owner and manager were very welcoming and you really feel like you are staying with friends. Delicious breakfast in the morning. Thank you! we will be back. It could not have been a nicer experience.

Room Tip: the bywater is a great area to stay in New Orleans
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank caboman79
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This beautiful B&B is located in an up and coming neighborhood and about 20 minute walk from the French Quarter. I would not reccomend walking at night in the neighborhood - the B&B even discourages it. However there are some nice neighborhood restaurants, etc.

The house is clean and the manager went out of her way to accommodate my schedule. Be aware that the house and the rooms are quite dark as the shutters are locked and closed 24 hours a day - ie nearly as dark in the morning as when you went to bed. I wouldn't stay here if you are claustrophobic.

Amazing price compared to other places in or near the French Quarter. I would recommend if you are comfortable in an urban neighborhood without the hordes of tourists. And did I mention how cool the architecture is in the area?

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank BrklynTravel
Reviewed 6 April 2012

One of the best places I ever stayed at! The people running the B&B are lovely, happy to provide suggestions and advice and making sure the guests have everything they need. The house is beautiful - colourful, filled with local artworks. Located in Bywater, a neighborhood with cafés, restaurants, bars and good music (within walking distance), but without the noise and the crowds of tourists that French Quarter have (before booking we thought we wanted to stay in the FQ area, but after having visited New Orleans I am very glad we didn't). The car was safe in the street and we felt this was the safest neighborhood of all we went to in central New Orleans.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martina K
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I made a reservation in July for December. I later found that there is not adequate off-street parking available. I was going to visit a cousin and at first she recommended this B&B but after checking found that it is in a neighborhood that is not safe to walk in at night (most neighborhoods are unsafe at night not just this and I do understand that) but since other of her friends had had problems with off street parking this became a concern because I am over 65.

I called to cancel and was told that the refund would be made through paypal (even though I had not made my reservation through paypal and my paypal account had been mingled with someone else and I was in the process of disputing it) and there would be a 15% penalty for canceling.

I do not often stay at B& B but all motels or hotels, that I have stayed never evoke the fee when canceled in such a timely manor. Only discounted rooms or booking agencies charge late fees no mater what.

Just be sure you are going to stay or can afford the fee. It is hard on retirement income to pay these fees.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends