“Honeymoon steal! ”

Fairchild House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #34 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We found this B&B on Groupon, for the price we paid this was a great steal!

The staff was amazing and friendly and we loved chatting with them upon arriving and while sitting for breakfast, they were prepared with all the great places to visit and talked a lot of the culture which was great for us because we were from out of town.

The breakfast was good, nothing necessarily amazing but enough for breakfast, but I am not a huge breakfast eater.

The room was so adorable and really felt like we were staying somewhere with historical measure. We really liked all of the historical features. The only thing we didn't love was that the bed also seemed a little historical, it was comfortable enough to sleep on but how many people have slept on it worried me, same with the blankets.

Close to attractions and the railcar, we made our way as many places as possible!

Because the humidity is so bad (we are from AZ and not accustomed to it) we were VERY thankful for the in room a/c!

Overall our stay was great and we would stay again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jamayes12
There are newer reviews for Fairchild House Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 12 April 2014

The location of this B&B is great. It is a block from the streetcar that will get you to all the major attractions in about 15 min. We took our car out of the parking one time in the week we were there. There are good restaurants on St. Charles Ave a block a way as well as a close Laundromat. The French Quarter is 20 min. Unfortunately, that is really the best thing about this B&B. The breakfast is not worth the time - go for the beignets in the French quarter (when the website said it was a continental breakfast I wasn't expecting that would be the same coffee cake 4 days in a row). The rooms are in need of a paint job, the wallpaper is peeling, and the TV remote is missing - the interiors badly needed updating. We prefer to stay in B&B's for the hospitality, but this was much more of a moderately priced hotel experience. Other than the fill in help who checked us in over the weekend (Jessica was great!) we didn't really get that sense of welcome that we usually associate with a B&B. The couple of times we needed to ask for service they did not follow through. If we were going to be in New Orleans again we would probably stay here again due to the location and the cost, but would be prepared to eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joyfulia
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Man, this place was a real find! It looks charming from the outside and in. Everything about this place was top noch. The location was about 10-15 mins from the main sights (about 20mins to the French Quarter). Closer by, there are a number of good cafes and restaurants to eat and shopping area full of boutique shops and cafes (Magazine street). A tram is also nearby to take you to town too if you prefer this.

The rooms were really cute, with large comfy beds and clean bathrooms. The wi-fi was strong here. Breakfasts were delish and the owners were chatty. They actually recommended us to a place which does wonderful grilled shrimp sandwiches during happy hour. The place is called Slice and it was indeed yummy in the tummy!! Mmm..... :-P

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank jason-ho-01
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here during our trip to New Orleans. This is a good option for a cheap, but comfortable and clean place to stay. The place does need some updating(looks like there is water damage to the ceiling above the room we stayed in) and maybe a fresh paint job but for the price we paid I'm not complaining. The owner and her mom were very nice and took the time to get to know their guests which we liked. Breakfast was good and adequate(would have loved a hot option or two) but we came in knowing it was a continental breakfast so that it our fault. Ended up getting breakfast both days shortly after we ate because we were craving some hot food! Overall, lovely and nice place to stay in new orleans.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I'm sharing review for my stay at the Fairchild just a few days ago.

Before that I have to point out that prior to making any hotel bookings, I always to make sure that I will be getting the best cultural experience out of the cities that I visit. Franchise hotels didn't really attract me that much, especially if you're traveling to a unique place such as New Orleans.

That being said, my stay at the Fairchild B&B was nothing short of heartwarming. Having driven for eight straight hours and arriving at 03.00 in the morning with no clue to the area except with the help of GPS, I frankly did not know what to expect out of Faichild. But as soon as I found the address (in a very quiet neighborhood), I was greeted by the friendly attendant Ross who is assistance to the owner. Courtesy was shown right from the start - Ross did not bother to make me settle any payment, but rather was providing enough explanation about the facility as he showed me to my room.

My first impression was: the house is very old and has its own "ambient". This is a good thing, especially if you're into vintage/historical sites. Once you have accepted the fact that you are not staying at a 5-star international hotel chain, you will begin to appreciate the place and (hopefully, like I did) excited about your upcoming days in New Orleans. It took me no time to get myself comfortable, and sleeping was never a problem for me here. The bed was very comfortable.

I take special note on the owner and the staff's superfriendliness to their guests. Beatrize and her mother (the owners) were excellent hosts and will certainly make you feel like actually staying over at a friend's place rather than a hotel.

Despite the slightly high rate (due to busy week with post-Mardi Gras, the convention, and other events in town), I recommend Fairchild House to anyone looking to stay within the vicinity of downtown NOLA - within walking distance to CBD and main attraction but distant enough from the bustling city traffic. Walking to WWII Museum's only 8 minutes, 10 to Canal St, 12 to Harrah's, and 15 to French Quarter.

Thank you, Beatrize. Love the orange juice. :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at the Fairchild House, and I had a great time again! We came during the first weekend of Mardi Gras, and they had a good room available at a great price compared to all of the other hotels. My boyfriend and I stayed in a queen room. It was very comfortable and clean. It was a little crazy with Mardi Gras going on, but we had no trouble getting around. We walked to some places, and took a taxi to others. The B&B is in a good, quiet location and not too far from other places. We had a great time, and I would definitely stay here a third time!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014

You can expect a good experience if you choose this location. I was there over x'mas and found this neighborhood to be safe and quiet. Away from the French quarter but close to Tulane. Many things to keep you busy uptown.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business