“Awesome Hospitality”
Review of Maison de Macarty

Maison de Macarty
Ranked #25 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I will definitely go back, the hospitality was unbelievable. The breakfast every morning was amazing!! Loved getting to know the owners at breakfast and the other guest, we were made to feel like family. Rooms were very clean, we felt like we were at home. We had no worries with our safety. I just can't say enough good about the location and the B&B.

Stayed: May 2013
BigEasyTraveler1, Owner at Maison de Macarty, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for the review! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Maison de Macarty is a wonderful place to stay in New Orleans. We live in New Orleans and chose Maison de Macarty for our wedding on a Friday and rented the house for the weekend. We filled up the eight rooms with our family from out of town, many of whom had not visited New Orleans in a very long time. The bywater neighborhood is very ecclectic, full of artists, musicians and normal working class people alongside millionares. It is has many funky bars and restaurants, our favorite is Bacchanal and Pizza Delicious. You really never know what you will see when you step out the front door, and we love that. Walk during the day, but take a taxi at night.

Kurt was so accomodating, I never heard the word "no" uttered from him. He was friendly and warm hearted, and his dogs are so well behaved. As a bride, if any problems arose Kurt was there to put me at ease. Thank you Kurt! Curtis made amazing breakfasts for each person staying at the house and everyone was very pleased. He was always pleasant and curteous and we enjoyed chatting over a cup of strong coffee.

We had a big crawfish boil on Saturday and enjoyed lounging by the pool. Everyone loved the house and felt like they were at a family member's home. Thank you for the memories Maison de Macarty. It was perfect.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
BigEasyTraveler1, Owner at Maison de Macarty, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Thank you for allowing us here at Maison Macarty be a part of your wedding! Your friends and family were great, and we hope they will all visit you (and us!) often. Congratulations! Best wishes for your future.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

My partner and I stayed in the Maison de Macarty from the 19th of April till the 23rd. I wanted to visit New Orleans for several years now, and this April we finally made our first trip to the south. I can tell you I had high expectations (Really high!) and this B&B surpassed on every level. It is one of the best experiences I ever had and I cannot wait to go back.

Let’s start with the best hosts ever! The 2 owners, Kurt and Warren, are the sweetest hosts you can imagine. This is without a doubt the southern hospitality all travel brochures rave about. They are very knowledgeable about the area, happy to give suggestions, and they help you out wherever they can. Curtis is the cook and he takes care of the most amazing breakfasts we ever had. Each morning we woke up with the most amazing smells, so you can imagine we were very eager to go down for breakfast every time. By the way; Curtis makes the best bacon ever! I don’t know what the secret is, but it is pretty amazing.

The 3 of them made us feel right at home from the moment we arrived.

The rooms are very pretty and there is one for everyone’s taste. We stayed in room number 6 which was a very playful and cozy room. There is also a nice Jacuzzi tub. Each time I think of the room it makes me smile.

The common areas of the house are really beautiful and nicely decorated. I especially liked the fabulous curtains. The garden is like heaven; really quiet, a nice swimming pool, numerous exotic plants.

The Bywater area where the B&B is situated is the best you can think of. You are close to the French quarter, about 2 miles, and yet you are staying in a very calm area. Believe me, you cannot have it better.

To end my review I want to say that Maison de Macarty is really the Crown Jewel of all accommodations in New Orleans. You have to experience it to believe it!

Big thank you to Kurt Warren and Curtis. We really loved staying with you.

Until next time,
Simon and Monika

Room Tip: We stayed in room number 6 which was a very playful and cozy room. There is also a nice Jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
BigEasyTraveler1, Owner at Maison de Macarty, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you for the review! You guys were the "Crown Jewel" of guests! We really enjoying having you stay with us, and hope we will see you in the future!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

We had our wedding at the Maison De Macarty and were thrilled with our good fortune to stumble upon this gem! The B &B is beautiful, clean, and the outside area is perfect! Kurt and Warren were so great--incredibly accommodating and made what could be a stressful time, relaxed and fun. Curtis was the chef and blew us all away with breakfast each morning and then even more so with the delicious food he prepared for the wedding dinner. He was easy to work with and put together an amazing meal. The food exceeded my expectations by far and everyone loved it. I still crave the mushroom tartlets and vegetarian dumplings. I would not have changed a thing!

Room Tip: Each room is unique and special in their own way!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day! We enjoyed meeting your friends and family. Best wishes for your future.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

We stayed at Maison de Macarty during Jazz Fest. We were initially apprehensive about the location as we like to stay in the French Quarter, but after a long phone conversation with Kurt, we decided to give it a try. We were delighted with our choice. The neighborhood is great for walking and we could even walk to the French Quarter in a very short time. We loved the Bywater streets and restaurants. Buses were easy travel to the fairgrounds. Unfortunately, the weather was a bit too cold to enjoy the pool but we did enjoy the gardens. Curtis' breakfasts were truly amazing! We looked forward to coffee, chats, and delicious food to start each day after a restful night's sleep. I highly recommend this lovely B&B.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review! I'm glad you decided to give the Bywater, and us a chance! Getting outside the French Quarter is really the best way to soak up the "real" New Orleans culture.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

My wife and I just returned from a four-night stay for Jazz Fest and we can't say enough good things about Maison de Macarty. Kurt and Warren are the most welcoming hosts and made us feel right at home. We looked forward to Curtis' delicious breakfast creations every morning, along with the entertaining conversation and great coffee. We stayed in room 1, which was spacious, brilliantly decorated, and featured a huge second-story porch complete with a relaxing swing. We never got to partake in a drink from the honor bar or take a dip in the pool, but I expect to do that when we inevitably return. Thank you for helping me make my wife's introduction to New Orleans such a memorable one.

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Jim and Val

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
BigEasyTraveler1, Owner at Maison de Macarty, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

You are home at Maison Macarty! We really enjoyed getting to be a part of her first New Orleans experience. We look forward to many more!

Reviewed 6 May 2013

During a horrible day at work in NYC, I booked a flight to NOLA and a room at Maison de Macarty. It may have been the greatest travel-related decision I've made. This was my first B&B experience and it did not disappoint. Kurt and Warren were amazing and entertaining hosts. After a long day roaming NOLA, it was great to return "home". Curtis, the chef, cooks up a mean breakfast every morning. I overslept twice and regret missing the meals. Don't forget to grab a few cookies baked every day!
The Bywater neighborhood is underrated and is certainly worth exploring. Make sure you read the welcome binder in your room!! It's both an entertaining and useful read. It includes some tips for local eateries and jazz lounges which definitely helped.
All rooms have their own bathroom and vary in size. I stayed in rooms 2 and 4 and both were amazing. Book your trip now!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Thank goodness for bad days at work! You were a treat to have around! Come back and see us again soon!