“Feels like home”

Ranked #20 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
McLean, VA
“Feels like home”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This was our fourth stay with Tom and Patricia after a gap of three years, and it always feels like coming home. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in New Orleans. Tom and Patricia are gracious, welcoming hosts. They have upgraded some of the rooms by adding king size beds in some and have recently added a separate "cottage" with kitchen that isn't on their web page yet. The house is beautifully decorated. There is always a hot breakfast or you can just get fresh fruit and bagels or cereal. An honor bar, a plate of brownies and a comfortable den invite you to relax. Tom always has good suggestions for places to eat. Street parking is available and it's in a nice neighborhood walking distance from the mansions of the Garden District or the funky shops and restaurants of Magazine St. We can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: Jasmine is beautiful and Dolly has added a king size bed. Several rooms in the other building sleep...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank swimmom1dc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Austin, TX
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Thank you Tom, Patricia, and the wonderful staff for an unforgettable stay! I can't recommend Maison Perrier enough. The rooms are beautiful (big, comfortable beds, lovely bathrooms), the house is open and inviting, everyone makes you feel like you're at home---I mean REALLY AT HOME. The location is perfect---quiet side street in the Garden District/Uptown area, a few short blocks from the St. Charles street car and a few blocks from Magazine street. Delicious BIG breakfasts from Michael, homemade brownies, a complementary drink upon arrival, a great selection of wines available at all times in the honor bar (and at a great price). Tom always has wonderful recommendations for restaurants that are NOT the usual tourist hangouts. When you take into consideration that the room prices include tax AND a full breakfast, this place is not only a top-notch place to stay, but it's a steal. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in New Orleans.

Room Tip: If you have problems climbing stairs then request the Claudette Room on the first floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank martaTX
Seminole, Florida
Reviewed 22 February 2012

The house was lovely and our service was beyond expectations. We reserved the top floor because we loved the idea of having access to a full kitchen, extra room, and complete privacy. We loved the fact that the house is located in a quiet neighborhood away from the hustle and bustle of downtown where we felt completely comfortable walking around after dark. The St. Charles streetcar is a very brief walk away which makes it easy to get any of the popular NoLa destinations. Tom and Patricia arranged for our pick up from the airport and helped us decide on activities and restaurants.

During our entire stay we felt more like we were the treasured guests of good friends rather than paying clients. We look forward to staying there again in the very near future.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lorelei D
Pascagoula, Mississippi
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Great breakfast from Michael. Clean, comfortable rooms. Welcoming drink. Wi-Fi. Nice selection of information about New Orleans. Tom and Patricia are gracious hosts. Location close to streetcar and Magazine Street shops and dining.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 19 January 2012

First things first... The house itself was lovely, our room was wonderful (bath was a little small, if I had to nitpick), breakfast each morning was delicious and I probably ate 20 brownies (cooked every day) during our week-long stay. I should also state that the location is superb. My wife and I took a stroll around the neighborhood a few times, and residents were happy to stop and chat. You are about 2 minutes walk from the St Charles street car too. In short, ideal!

Everybody here has complimented Tom and Patricia, and I'm no different. I want to share 2 anecdotes that I hope go to show how this place is a step above the rest.

Firstly, when we arrived, Tom and Patricia were on holidays, so we were greeted by Ralph, who was looking after things in their place. Ralph was an absolute gentleman, and even drove my wife and I 20 minutes to a mall on the other side of town, because it was a Sunday, and transport was going to be costly. He provided a number of tips and friendly advice about how to get the most out of our stay. Fantastic guy!

Secondly, when we were due to fly home (back to Ireland), Hurricane Irene hit. Tom couldn't have been more helpful in this time of uncertainty. Our flights were cancelled, and I spent 4 hours on the phone to Continental. During this time, Tom allowed us use of his office to research alternative flights home and contact family. He also drove us down to a local pizza place to get some food after we had to cancel our reservations on our last night in town, and had worked out a way for us to extend our stay, should the need arise.

I would urge anybody considering a stay in NOLA, to check out Maison Perrier; you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Check their website, they show each room in sufficient detail to make sure that you know what you...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mike S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I cannot wait to come back to New Orleans and stay at Maison Perrier! The location is perfect and very central, and it has all the amenities of a big hotel (wifi throughout with great service, clean, updated rooms, nice towels, etc) with the personal touches of a B&B. The room was lovely - very spacious with a super comfortable bed.

The common living/dining areas were very inviting and relaxing. From 5.30-6.30, you can enjoy a complimentary glass of wine and some lovely cheeses from the wonderful St James Cheese Co., which is a fun and unexpected added bonus. The breakfast is delicious and the perfect way to kick start your day, whether you want to quietly read the paper or chat with your fellow guests.

The owners, the staff, and even the other guests were friendly and welcoming without being overbearing. The introductory tour was very thorough, and Tom (the owner) was always on hand to answer any questions that arose. I am looking forward to staying again soon and bringing along the rest of my family. Maison Perrier is the best B&B I have ever experienced - fresh, friendly and charming!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank SJNlovesNOLA
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 December 2011

The Innkeepers, Tom and Patricia, were amazing, as usual. I've stayed with them a few times, and I love it each time. Breakfast is also great, although it is served in a narrow time-frame. If you're not naturally an early riser, set your alarm because you don't want to miss the praline french toast or creole eggs. Location is great- easy access to streetcar. If you don't mind walking, Magazine St is also easy. If you can bring your bike, definitely do it. Tom and Patricia are also very welcoming of my 28 lbs puggle. They are fantastic, and I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed December 2011