We stayed at the Maison for 5 nights in June 2010. I was in town on business, and my wife and kids for pleasure. Below are our thoughts on our stay at the Maison:
Cleanliness: When we arrived the room was immaculate, and was cleaned promptly every day. Couldn't ask for anything more.
Service: The staff absolutely shines at Maison. Tom & Patricia are both extremely hospitable and bent over backwards to make sure our stay was comfortable. What sold me on the place was Tom's prompt and extremely courteous attention to my emails with questions about the place. Once we arrived all my suspicions about them being wonderful hosts were confirmed. We chatted with Michael the cook, who rushed so I could eat the hot breakfast before I had to leave early one day. Tom offered great places for my wife to go with the kids. Fantastic service.
Location: 3 blocks from the St Charles street. For $1.25, the streetcar it will take you all the way downtown in about 10 minutes. What's absolutely great about the location is you are away from downtown and actually in the city. If you want to experience a taste of the local New Orleans life, you can't do better. No worries on the neighborhood either. My family & I walked around after dark with no worries.
Value: I paid $30 more for 4 nights at the Maison than 2 nights at a downtown hotel (one of the "economy rooms"). At the Maison, you get free WiFi & free parking. A downtown hotel will charge you $30/day parking and $10/day internet. Oh, and did I mention that the Maison has an honor bar: $2 for a mug of tasty local beer (on tap!), $3 for a glass of wine. In my downtown hotel, a bud lite from the fridge was $7.
Rooms: We stayed in the Rose room. It was recently refinished and was beautiful. Huge bathroom with whirlpool tub. Two comfortable beds, beautiful antique furniture, and soft carpet. We didn't hear any other guests the whole time we were there.
Sleep Quality: Slept like a log. The beds are very comfortable, more so than I found at the hotel.
Breakfast: There are two breakfasts, a "cold" breakfast served at 7:30, and a "hot" breakfast served at 8:30. For the cold breakfasts, expect a nice spread of fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, cereal, some kind of delicious crumbly cake goodness, and fresh coffee. For the hot breakfast, expect any one of a variety of southern treats. And good grief - to the "breakfast was a bust" whiners - what do you expect? Was the Praline French Toast, Pecan & Banana pancakes, peppered bacon & creole breakfast potatoes not good enough for you? If you want foo foo banana foster flambe, go to one of the $500/night places.
Strongly consider the Maison if:
- You like old fashioned Southern hospitality.
- You appreciate beautiful old architecture.
- You don't want to break the bank with your stay in New Orleans
- You are bringing kids. The Maison is *extremely* kid friendly.
- You want to experience true New Orleans living.
- You have to rent a car (free parking).
Do not go to the Maison if:
- You want to be within walking distance of downtown/the French Quarter at all times
- You are only going to NOLA for the night life.
- You prefer staying in a hotel.
- You are a snob.
Thanks Tom & Patricia for making our stay a great one. We will definitely come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated in "Uptown" 'Nawlins, this Victorian manse boasts elegance and style without sacrificing comfort and convenience. This National Registry of Historic Places B&B sits three blocks from St. Charles, is within walking distance of the Garden District, and is close to the French Quarter. Tastefully decorated with antiques and original artwork. Breakfast entrees include praline French toast, and Creole eggs with cheese grits. Spacious guestrooms, private bathrooms, voice-mail, WiFi internet access, and cable television. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK) and TripOnline SA so you can book your Maison Perrier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Perrier Hotel New Orleans