“Loved it!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Royal Street Courtyard
Ranked #52 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Thank you David and Philippe for your hospitatlity, we loved staying at your B&B. Beautiful decorated rooms, nice porches, relaxed atmosphere, good service, and most of all, we loved your kind of humor! By the way, the sheets are fantastic...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marjan de visse... d

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was in NOLA for EssenceFest weekend so it was tough finding affordable accommodations. We ended up getting the last room at Royal St Courtyard and it was a fantastic trip! The B&B is in a great location in Marginy-- you're about a 5 minute walk to Frenchman St (jazz row), 10 minutes to the heart of the French Quarter and from the streetcar that will take you anywhere you need to go in the city. Marginy is a quaint, safe, residential neighborhood that's close to all the action of the French Quarter and has a lot of great restaurants and cafes too. Highly recommend this part of town. The B&B is a big, old house. It's charming, comfortable and clean. It could use some updating but nothing major to point out. The breakfast in the morning has everything you'll need. It's not 5-star living but the location and hosts definitely make up for any aesthetic lack. Phillip and David are two of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Super helpful with tips of things to see & do in NOLA, how to get around the city, etc. Fun to chat with over breakfast in the morning, they made it feel like you were visiting long lost friends. And they didn't steer us wrong once with the dining recommendations! I ate the best food of my life thanks to them! Thanks guys! Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2014

From the moment we arrived until we left it was like being at a friends home. Phillip and David were both helpful with suggestions on things to do and places to eat, as well as information on the history of New Orleans. My husband and I loved every minute of our stay and the neighborhood was great. We were minutes from the french quarter or the riverfront, and we felt comfortable just walking around in the neighborhood. Even the neighbors made us feel welcome. The house is old and beautiful and warm. We just loved our visit and time at this B&B. Phillip and David are the perfect hosts..we wouldn't stay anywhere else in New Orleans.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #11 with the transom window that opens onto the balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Probably the best thing about Royal Street Courtyard is Philip. He treats you like a friend from the first second and offers excellent advice on things to do and places to go in NOLA. This is the only time I've ever received a hug from the innkeeper upon leaving a B&B -- Philip was a like a great friend in the city.
Second best thing, the location. For my first visit ever to NOLA, the Marigny neighborhood is perfect -- a short walk to the French Quarter but quiet and charming. Enough restaurants and coffee shops nearby but not so many that you feel like you're in a tourist area.
A few things were disappointing -- not really much of a breakfast. Then again, there are so many great coffee shops and breakfast places in the area (and Philip will tell you which ones are the best) that it's probably better to go out. Also, my bed wasn't exactly uncomfortable, but I could sort of feel the springs of the mattress. And I'm kind of picky about pillows -- these were foam, not feather pillows, so I was a little disappointed.
But otherwise, it was a very pleasant stay and I would probably stay there again on my next trip to NOLA -- maybe Philip will read this and buy some good feather pillows (and get a foam mattress pad for the bed!)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We spent two nights at the Royal Street Courtyard while attending our son's graduation from Tulane University. We appreciated the warm caring manner demonstrated by both of our hosts. Our room was large and comfortable, beautifully decorated. There was an awesome balcony where we sat and enjoyed the cool breeze. This neighborhood is incredibly handy for evening visits to hear the music on Frenchmen Street and everyone was very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hfc262
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I was not actually a guest with Philip and David, my two friends were. Even so, Philip was above and beyond gracious and welcoming, assisting me with getting a cab to the airport when I was ill with a stomach bug, allowing me to store my luggage during the day before my departure. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in New Orleans.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived at David and Philip's late on the evening, Philip then spent over half an hour showing us maps of his favourite restaurants / bars / places of interest and marked them up in a map for us to take - this was really helpful and showed us a completely different side to New Orleans - they were amazing and made our visit so much more than we could have planned on our own.
The hotel was stunning, full of charm and beautifully kept. Couldn't recommend higher!

• Stayed: April 2014