“Old World Charm”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Mid-City
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I visited A Brocato's Ice Cream Shop on North Carrollton while I was in New Orleans recently. I had a canolli and a cup of coffee. It was a little slice of heaven and a trip into the past all rolled into one. My bill came to $4.50. The canolli was fresh and creamy but not too sweet. Perfect. The coffee is fresh roasted every day. This was the BEST cup of coffee I've ever had in my 61 years. Furnishings at A Brocato are the original tables and chairs that have been there for nearly 100 years. This place is a treasure!

2  Thank flash2001

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My nieces are dessert lovers and read the favorable reviews for this establishment. And we were NOT disappointed. Great selection of gelato flavors (watermelon was my favorite). Experience reminded me of times gone by. Lovely old building and great service. Winning combination.

1  Thank Diane S
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is well worth the short trip to Midtown to get some of the best ice cream around. So good there was a line out the door and down half the block.

1  Thank Blake A
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Truly a neighborhood gem. Take the Canal street car and enjoy the ride to this delcious home made ice cream shop. You can also get delicious pastries and coffee, but for my calories...eat gelati.

3  Thank ClaireSilverSpring
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Angelo Brocato's makes the best cannoli you will ever have!! Come to think of it, I've never had anything there that wasn't absolutely amazing. We've been enjoying this little gem for over 40 years. Definitely worth a visit!!

2  Thank GothyMom