“A New Orleans institution”

Angelo Brocato Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 62 Dessert in New Orleans
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Mid-City
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Brocato's used to be in the French Quarter. When my wife and I lived there, we were frequent customers. And then we moved away and they moved to Carrollton Avenue, but they were easy to find. Just about any kind of delicious dessert can be found at Brocato's. It gets way too crowded on weekends and parking can be tricky, but otherwise the whole experience is outstanding. This is a place for locals, but everyone is welcome.

3  Thank ready314

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Best sweet treat ever! I cannot describe how delicious the ice cream/gelato/whatever it's called in Italian, but you will love it! I ordered two different flavors of chocolate and a chocolate Italian dipping biscuit. Hubby had an eclair and ice cream. The pastries are beautiful. You can see that these folks love what they do. We stopped off after visiting City Park.

3  Thank Jossey
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

After going to two restaurants in New Orleans that had great reviews and being very disappointed, I didn't even bother to read reviews for this place. I simply found it on Google maps. We were thrilled with our experience! Friendly workers, yummy pastries and tantalizing gelato! Yes, we had both pastries and gelato and ate every bite and then brought some cookies back to the hotel as well!! My fiance LOVES rum raisin and he gobbled his up since he hardly ever finds it. We are putting this place on our list of favorite places in New Orleans.

1  Thank Shari G
Reviewed 22 August 2014

But this place is also an amazing bakery. It's in my neighborhood so I'm there whenever I need something sweet.

Plus, for tourists, it's right off the City Park Canal Street Car Line so a great place to stop if you check out City Park!

1  Thank LindsyMG
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I visited A Brocato's Ice Cream Shop on North Carrollton while I was in New Orleans recently. I had a canolli and a cup of coffee. It was a little slice of heaven and a trip into the past all rolled into one. My bill came to $4.50. The canolli was fresh and creamy but not too sweet. Perfect. The coffee is fresh roasted every day. This was the BEST cup of coffee I've ever had in my 61 years. Furnishings at A Brocato are the original tables and chairs that have been there for nearly 100 years. This place is a treasure!

2  Thank flash2001