“Plenty To Eat; Delicious and Cheap” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
New York
“Plenty To Eat; Delicious and Cheap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Staying nearby on N. Rampart Street, my wife and I wanted something close-by that would serve up a meal without much fuss. The Moon Wok at 800 Dauphine St. fit the bill nicely. I had a big bowl of chicken pho ga that was fresh and delicious with nice side veggies to place into the dish to my liking. Great pho ga! My wife ordered their General Tso's Chicken, which was set aside as the Chef's Special dish on the menu. It was delicious; the chicken pieces weren't entombed in any thick breading, but they had a covering that was thin and crunchy. The chicken itself was tender and tasty. The sauce was different than we would get in our home city of New York; it was light, sweet and had just enough kick to it. A wonderful take on an old dish.

Beer was obtained from the Good Friends bar across the street and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The interior is old and beat-up but it is the French Quarter. And if you use the bathroom, you get to see the kitchen and storage areas. These were really pretty dirty, but it didn't change my opinion of the food...

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Winnipeg, Canada
“Great service - okay food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Have had much better vietnamese food but the service and environment was great. Very friendly wait staff and inexpensive meal.

Visited December 2013
Lousiana
“Fantastic Vietnamese food in the French Quarter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Do not pass up this restaurant. It may seem out of place in the Quarter and near gay bars, but it is awesome. We had the Spring Rolls, Pho (beef), and the special of Pad Thai. Everything was delicious. It is all cooked and made to order so it took a while, but it well worth it. Staff was friendly. The owner (Vietnamese older woman) was also very friendly. Inexpensive as well. The pho was $6! Pad Thai was $10.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank alostyankee
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Chinese Gem in the Quarter”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Always fresh and delicious Chinese food in the French Quarter! It is one of our favorite places, and the best place to get Chinese food.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LisaThib
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great value and outstanding service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I went to Moon Wok last night for some take-out food for me and a couple of other people. As we were waiting for the food, I was amusing myself reading online reviews on the phone and started to have doubts... was it a mistake to come to that place? Will we be treated in an extremely rude way. Luckily, I needn't have worried: the staff was very nice and polite. One of the girls (I didn't ask her name, but one with some nice tattoos) actually ran after us, as she had forgotten to put a part of our order in the bag. She had to run a couple of blocks to catch up with us, and we really appreciated that she did.

The food was pretty decent. I had cashew chicken with rice and an eggroll. They added *plenty* of sauces to our order, too, and an extra fortune cookie (we got 4 for 3 people). Altogether, for an order for three people and two huge ice teas than two of us had while waiting, we paid just over $20!!!

A solid 4 stars. The only thing I liked less was that the interior was really hot and stuffy. Since we were getting our order to go, it wasn't particularly important, though.

• Visited July 2013