“Good for what it is.”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very nice staff, good place to see and be seen by the locals. Food not bad...not great... it is what it is...... A good place to grab a quick meal while out in the quarter.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

don't be put off by the downright uninviting outside. Believe me, I was but my son wanted to enter. If they even replaced the front door, their sales would increase 50 percent. The place is dingy but the Chinese food is authentic and you cannot beat the prices 6.49 for full dinners! Just order out if you don't want to sit in the dust. Everyone is super nice and no crowds! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I think its the only chinese place in the QTR.. The place looks like its in Williamsburg Brooklyn. Hipster dump. The staff is Super nice. I have been going here for so many years. Family run. The food is typical no surprises. Its a good place, good staff, good food. Get a Big a** Ice Tea !

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Moon Wok was at one time one of my favorite places to grab Chinese in the Quarter, that is, until a couple of weeks ago.
The restaurant had been closed for a few days for a family wedding. I caught them on the 1st day of reopening after the event and ordered the usual: combo fried rice, hot & sour soup, and egg rolls.
I noticed that something was off with the fried rice but still continued to eat because I was super hungry. Well, about 24 hours later I was stricken with a terrible bout of food poisoning that lasted from 9pm to about noon or so the next day, I wanted to die.

MW in the past was pretty steady, but after having this experience and doing some reading form a certain board's public files on this place, I won't be back.
Sorry MW, clean up your act and MAYBE I'll be back.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Has to be the filthiest restaurant I have been in. It is run by students who could care less. Place has not been cleaned in years. Dirt and dust caked everywhere. The nastiest restaurant in town. Local here and would not touch the food there with a 20' pole