“Great little find”

El Gato Negro Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #138 of 1,946 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Central American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Chicago, Illinois
“Great little find”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The food was excellent, the atmosphere, at the edge of the market, was lively. Take care to not eat all the chips and salsa, the first is gratis, the second you pay for. Having said that, they give you enough to be happy with. If you managed to get a more seasoned waiter, you're lucky. The young man who served us seemed to be guided by his hormones, the young women at the next table, than serving the more mature customer.

Visited May 2014

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Margaritas and food to live for!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My most recent visit was to the location on Harrison after Jazz Fest. The carrot and ginger margarita is unforgetable. I can't wait to have it again along with the wonderful queso. Everything we ate was fantastic and I'll be back there as soon as I can be.

Visited May 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Best Margaritas we have ever had!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had read from other travellers that margaritas from here are not to miss.

My spouse had the carrot lime and I had the cilantro lime. All made from fresh squeezed vegetables and fruit, you can choose different types of tequila if you wish.
It is not a big restaurant but very cozy.

These were the best Margaritas we have ever had and wished we had stayed for lunch.
The staff were very friendly And the washrooms 1 patron at a time were very clean,
This restaurant is across from the market to sip your margarita while you browse,

New CIty, New York
“Yum Yum!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Really yummy Mexican Food.
The signature Margarita - Pineapple Cilantro - wow! The bartender made mine spicy by accident, so gave me a free regular one. I loved the spicy, my husband loved the regular.
Food was very good although it took a really long time for it to come out.

London
“What no cilantro in the guac!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Popped in here for a light lunch ( Guac and margaritas ),as this has many great reviews on here.
Well I,m sorry, I expect cilantro in my guac.......no excuses please.
Margaritas are very good however.