“By far the best place hidden gem in New Orleans!”
Review of Coco Hut

Ranked #776 of 2,013 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighbourhood: Mid-City
Neighbourhood: Mid-City
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I can't say enough wonderful things about this restaurant. My significant other and I absolutely adored the atmosphere, and we couldn't eat enough of the amazing food. Our server was so friendly, and the lady behind the cuisine (Mama) was just magnificent. We felt like we were invited into her home and she treated us like family. We have told everyone in the last month since we came home about it, and will continue to do so. If you go to New Orleans, you have have have to go to the Coco Hut!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

My girlfriend and I were so pleased with the service, hospitality, generosity, and deliciousness of this restaurant we're STILL talking about it. Mother Nature (aka, Mama) took excellent care of us, as did the young man who waited tables. The restaurant is very small, and respectfully, a hole in the wall that makes the BEST Caribbean Jerk chicken and shrimp we've every had. We sat outside and enjoyed one of our favorite meals of the trip! Thank you to the gentleman at our hotel that recommended the Coco Hut. It was phenomenal and so very unexpected.

Reviewed 23 July 2010

Grilled and spicy, down home jerk and Jamaican food (jerked meats, ox-tail stew, curried stews, beans, plantains [green and ripened]). The food is made fresh and on the spot except what's grilled earlier the same day. I've only had gulf food this good at one other commercial joint (Reggae Hut in Houston, TX). If you're looking for Americanized versions of Caribbean specialties, don't go here; try the other places listed. This is the real deal and it's a 1-woman show (Mother Nacha).