“Good hearty breakfast”

Ranked #5 of 59 Coffee & Tea in New Orleans
Price range: US$2 - US$9
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Description: It is local's favorite coffeeshop in lower French Quarter. Best breakfast in the Quarter. Great espresso shots, tea selection, delicious iced coffee, bagels, pastries and deserts. Free wi-fi in beautiful corner store.
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Good hearty breakfast that will last. Good prices and the enviroment feels very genuine. Looks like an old diner. Not so clean though. The sceenery is marvelous.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Envie

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We went to Envie because it was the closest cafe to our hotel on corner of Chartres and barracks. The service was nice, she was patient and explained the menu. The omelette was great- peppers, mushrooms, feta... but the hash browns were so salty I couldn't even eat them when I tried to mix them with the omelette. The "reg" coffee was soooo strong like mud... I drink coffee black everywhere, but I HAD to cut it with cream and sugar. It was just fine after though. The open air cafe and colorful decor were really nice, too.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

After finding hour plus waits at many other breakfast / brunch restaurants in the area we found our way to Cafe Envie. Rather than sitting down and being waited on you order in the front and then they will bring your food to you when it is ready. We were pleasantly surprised by how good the food was. I got a spinach and feta breakfast wrap that came with grits which was very good. The side of hash browns were excellent as well. They also offered an array of coffee drinks that sounded good.

Overall it was a great place to stop for a quick breakfast. The location was great for relaxing and people watching.

1  Thank Brittany W
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I got the sausage breakfast sandwich with a side of grits and hash browns and it was fantastic! The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and it's a good place for people watching. They also have a good selection of flavored (and alcoholic) coffees.

The only issue I had was with the service- they forgot about my order and despite reminding them I didn't get my meal until everyone I was with had finished theirs. The food was good and it didn't seem like this was a common problem so I would go back, but it was irritating to keep trying to wave down the cook or a server while watching everyone else enjoy their meals.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Anyone who travels knows there is a lot of sub par coffee & baristas out there. Café Envie made fantastic coffee beverages every single visit. Their coffees with alcohol were made with just as much care and attention.

The staff were also friendly and efficient.

Avoid the cookies, while they look appealing, they lack taste.