“Perfect spot”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Great food, ambience, location. I walk here with the dogs and they get to sit out front or on the outdoor patio.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,132)

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I finally had the opportunity to try the place that I have been hearing and reading about. It was as good as advertised. I took Uber both ways due to the out of the way location (I was staying downtown). The place looks and feels like a “joint”, a neighborhood location that the outside world found out about. I had the burnt end sandwich with a rib and beans on the side. All three were terrific. Can’t wait to go back and try some other items. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Second time here and just as amazing as the first! The ribs are to die for! Split a rack with the family and a brisket plate, mac and cheese and cole slaw, all wonderful! Next time we will need 2 racks! I never seem to get any pics of the food, as the food is so great!!
Save some time and call an Uber , the buses seem to be unpredictable and do not match the schedules on the bus app.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Went here with a friend last Thursday night and the BBQ was really good. We had been eating all day so just wanted to come here and "try" it as I'd heard about this place previously when in the area. We had perfect cooked Briskets and Pulled Pork, a variety of sauces to use and side of beans and mac, cheese. We for sure might be back.
The joint is out in bywaters so a taxi ride from the French Quarter and uber ride back as cabs naturally don't come out there too often, residential area!

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

The place is an absolute dive, which is actually charming. The hostess was very friendly and attentive. The meat was perfectly cooked and spice with a ton of flavor. A bit greasy, especially the sides, but you are in New Orleans. I would definitely recommend on one condition: Drive or take an uber. My wife and I took the 88 bus from the French Quarter and were heckled for reasons I won't get into. The area to the North of the restaurant is something to avoid. Again, no fault of the restaurant and the place was great. Easily a 4 out of 5!