“Wonderful way to see NOLA!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel St. Pierre

Hotel St. Pierre
Ranked #64 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
ontheroad
“Wonderful way to see NOLA!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

After seeing some of the reviews of this place from earlier in the year we were hesitant but with the Jazz Fest goin on we couldn't really find anything else so stayed 2 nights Apr. 25 & 26th.
What a delight the this hotel was - No it was not all sparkly new with the latest conveniences but it was clean and confortable with a wonderful staff. The St. Pierre had been recommended by friends and they were right on the money. It is a short walk to Frenchman street (for REAL NOLA music steer clear of Bourban), the french market, Cafe Du Monde, Armstrong Park, Jackson Square (street Artists) and even some hidden gems like out of the way Voo Doo churches I'll let you find on your own! 10 minute walk to the Courtyard of the 2 sisters for Jazz brunch on our last day and the trip was incredibly complete! The staff was helpful and courteous to the max.
The only thing that keeps me from giving this 4 stars is the coffee was wretched! They need to do better on thier 'Continental Breakfast' It's small boutique hotel and collection of rooms and cottages - the perfect way to spend time in the French Quarter!

Room Tip: Get a courtyard room - the pools are very small and close to the courtyard anyway.
1 Thank Joe_DotOntheroad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

My husband and I stayed in New Orleans over the week of March 19th for my birthday. I was extremely nervous about booking any of the hotels as pretty much everything in our price range had horrible reviews about mold, bugs, general uncleanliness, etc. I was nervous to the point of almost staying in a chain hotel across the river and also tempted to pay for an upgrade to a room that had been fully remodeled at the St. Pierre, but was glad that we didn't waste our money. We stayed in one of the rooms on the ground level of the courtyard by the pool. It was clean, the bathroom was totally remodeled, we had hot water for each of us every day and overall it was a very nice place to stay. There were no bugs, no mold, just a very nice and charming little room. We have traveled quite a bit and stayed all over the country as well as a few places in Europe, so I consider us fairly knowledgeable about hotels. This place was a delight! There was a continental breakfast every morning where they had cereal, bagels & donuts and coffee, juice and milk. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Since we stayed for a week, most days we didn't need the room cleaned and just traded out our towels when housekeeping would come through. Parking is somewhat limited, but we were able to get a spot when we first arrived and only left once, and had no problem getting our parking spot back. They have a couple guys there that kind of keep an eye on the lot and also make sure that its parked to capacity..ie..no double parking, no trucks, suv's in the front, etc. Another really nice thing about the St. Pierre is that it is so close to everything, but just far enough away that you don't get a lot of noise and ruckus. Everything was within walking distance in the French Quarter (or street car if you want to go further). I walked to the Mahalia Jackson theater one night by myself to see the Lion King and was totally fine. We took a cab one night to go the Maple Leaf Bar (you MUST see Rebirth Brass Band there!) and another on a very rainy day to the Port O Call for the absolute best burgers! The only complaint I could possibly have (and this is really nitpicking) was that the lights in the courtyard were a bit bright at night when we were going to bed. We only had one shutter for our door so it was a little brighter than I would like, but no real biggie. I promise you will not be disappointed in your stay here - it is very nice, very clean, very friendly - what more could you ask for?!

Room Tip: We stayed in the courtyard by the pool and LOVED it!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Boerne, Tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

We only stayed one night, but this place was very nice. The room we got was huge as was the bathroom. True, the breakfast was nothing much but cereal and stuff but that was adequate. The locationj was good, near everything we wanted to see. Staff was excellent. And, yes the parking is limited. Not sure where you would park if their lot is full. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Stevie78006
SYDNEY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

This hotel was quaint, quirky and we loved it. Don't stay here if you expect the best of everything but it was clean, beds were comfortable and staff very friendly. Good position, close walking to Bourbon street and French market.

Stayed April 2012
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Reading the reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect. I booked the honeymoon (Jacuzzi) suite. I had a wonderful time and enjoyed my accommodations. The room was clean and not musty. Sure, the bathroom is probably due for a remodel, but so is most of New Orleans and that is OK with me. The jacuzzi tub was wonderful and very clean and functioned beautifully. Not a spec of mildew. I loved soaking in the tub after walking around the quarter - it really relaxed my muscles. You want to go somewhere sterile? Stay in a franchise hotel. You want character? Stay here. Room is small? Well, seeing as how they were built before many places in the United States and were once slave quarters...what do you expect? This place has a history, and if you respect that fact you will do just fine.

As far as the staff - remember, people, just because you happen to be on vacation, it doesn't give you a right to be obnoxious and entitled to those around you. I have nothing but positive things to say to the staff - this group of people put up with a lot of s**t and my hats are off to them. They were wonderful to me. I overheard someone complain that the night clerk scolded them for walking into the hotel loudly late at night and they got belligerent with him. Really? It's a small establishment and people may want to sleep vs hearing drunks stroll in off Bourbon street. Just because you are on vacation, it doesn't give you the right to be rude. I think too many people forget about this and I saw it occur from tourists time and again in New Orleans. I didn't have problem with anyone or anything - I just relaxed and waited my turn, gave smiles, and got smiles in return.

I would stay here again. I would book the same room again, too.

Remember - you are on vacation. Relax, slow down, enjoy and Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!!!!

Room Tip: (there is no restuarant or fitness center, but I was forced to rate it....)
2 Thank Vicki B
Sugar Land, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

After reading mixed reviews of Hotel St. Pierre I was a little nervous about booking, but the pictures looked so nice I decided to do it anyways. We booked a Jazz Suite and it was awesome! It had a huge parlor room and a nice bedroom. The ceilings were high and the architecture really added to the New Orleans experience. We were not really worried about the pool size or quality of breakfast because we spent most of our time walking the French Quarter. The price was good and free parking was definitely a plus. My husband has stayed at many places in the French Quarter, including the famed Monteleon, and he told me that Hotel St. Pierre is now his favorite place to stay. Not sure about the other rooms but we will book the Jazz Suite again, it is not much more than the standard room.

Room Tip: Book a Jazz Suite--not much more money and you make up the difference with free parking
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

It`s located in a convenient area & has a small breakfast, but that`s about the only good things I can say about our stay here. The rooms are very small, dark, and dingy. There is very little space to hang anything & only 1 chair in the room- not too convenient for placing purchases , luggage,etc around. The pool is tiny. We stayed 7 nights & the breakfast is the exact same everyday & got pretty boring quickly-would have been nice to see a piece of fruit. Felt stalked by our housekeeper each morning who came into the hallway everyday we left our room to ask if we needed service & what we needed done! What a nuisance, not to mention very unprofessional!!

Room Tip: ask to view room at check-in....quite small
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family