“Oh It's Carnival Time!”

Ranked #64 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Hattiesburg
“Oh It's Carnival Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We were thrilled with our lovely rooms at the St.Pierre. The staff treated us with such hospitality and attention to our every need. We felt so safe and secure during our Mardi Gras stay.
The Coke machine took my money and a young man on staff told me to sit in the courtyard and enjoy my Poboy. A moment later he returns with a Coke---- He actually ran across the street and purchased a drink and brought it to our table!!! Now that is service that is over and beyond !!!
I certainly plan to spend more time at the St. Pierre.
Susan Bankston Anderson
Hattiesburg, Mississippi

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Susan A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

The photos of this hotel online are completely deceiving. While we were impressed by the quaint facade and nice lobby/check in area, everything went downhill quick. Our room, right across the street from the main office, was disgustingly dirty and in awful condition. The furnishings were old and unattractive, it was very dark and dingy, and it smelled awful, like stale smoke. The old dressers and night stands were all broken or damaged in some major way, carpet so soiled and dingy I was reluctant to walk on it in bare feet. The woodwork was chipped and rotted in areas, bathroom door broken ( looked like it had been kicked in), bathroom in general in very poor condition. The hot water in the bathroom sink was so weak it literally only dripped out of the faucet. There was a huge gap under the front door (well over 1") where mice and critters could easily enter. This place is a complete dump--looked NOTHING like photos presented on the hotel's website. For $320 a night, you can do MUCH better.
Location is also a little odd, felt a bit sketchy.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Kristen H
Vickie P, General Manager at Hotel St. Pierre, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
We were sorry to learn that you were dissatisfied with your stay. Your feedback is important to us as we share it with our staff in striving to continue to improve the guest experience here.

The hotel has been under new management and in the process of renovation for the past year. Our lobby and a third of our rooms have been completed. Phase II is slated for completion beginning in early summer.

As you can see from our reviews many of our guests have had positive experiences and for any who have not, every effort is being made to address those concerns as we progress.
This hotel is a historic gem with a great location and loads of ambiance. As stated we are improving our product as quickly as possible but it is a process.

We have recently made some staff changes in an effort to improve our customer service. Your feedback was integral to this progress. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations. Should your travels bring you back to New Orleans, please give us another chance to show you true Southern hospitality.
Cairo, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Well this year was my 28th Mardi Gras and I have spent more of them at Hotel St. Pierre than any other place. Over all the years that I have stayed here I must say that I have never had a bad experience. I won't say that everything was perfect, but when there was a problem they have always stepped up and taken care of it. This speaks of the prior management as well as the current management. The current management is less than 2 years old and I must say they have accomplished a lot in a short time and I understand that they are not finished, there is more to come. Some of the issues that were mentioned: no elevator - this is true. But, all you have to do is ask for ground floor if you have problems with stairs. I have a bad knee and this Mardi Gras a friend that stayed there had had foot surgery. They were so helpful in making sure his room was easily accessible. Troy from the front desk walked them to their room at check in and made sure that they would be comfortable. Drafty - well I live in a 100 year old house so I guess that is just something that I am used to. Being that all of their buildings are historic a little draft kind of goes with the territory. I do know that they are working on this though to try and make the doors and windows tighter. As far as some of the issues with cleanliness, that I have seen in the reviews, I have never had any of those issues. Like I said this was 28 years of Mardi Gras but I travel to New Orleans at least 4 or 5 times a year sometimes more so there have been a lot of stays at The Hotel St. Pierre and my rooms have always been clean and housekeeping has always been very efficient. During one of my stays after having had knee surgery I had considerable swelling in my knee. Not only was housekeeping there to do their job but also made sure I had plenty of ice in the bucket and zip locks to put it in from my knee. Also offering extra pillows to prop it up with. Excellent Service. One thing I have noticed in the last several reviews was about the bedding. I can certainly say I totally agree with that. The beds are awesome. So far this year I have been to New Orleans twice and have 3 more trips planned all of which are booked at The Hotel St. Pierre. The past 2 visits I stayed in the Cottages and they are absolutely wonderful. It is like having your own little French Quarter appartment. Like a Home away from Home. I find the location excellent also. Everything in the French Quarter is with in walking distance, and I bet on your way to where ever it is you are going you will find many interesting things along the way, so take your time and enjoy the walk. You can also call a pedi-cab they will pull right up in front and pedal you off to your destination. Thanks Jodi, Vickie and Staff for everything that you do. Be seeing you soon. Jimmy L.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank JGLX8
CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

This was a very nice little boutique hotel in the heart of the French Quarter. However, just a couple of blocks out of the "hubbub" of the Quarter, itself, so it was very quiet and safe. Very friendly, helpful staff and comfortable, well accommodated room. The bed was WONDERFUL!! The only complaint I might have is that since this is a very old building, the room was very drafty. This, of course would not be a problem in the summer, but we stayed there during a very cold period and we had to plug up the cracks in the doors and windows just to keep warm. The rooms do have heating, but the furnace in our room sounded like a 747 coming in for a landing every time it came on. The price was certainly reasonable for the French Quarter, so I would most like stay here again.

Room Tip: There are no elevators and the stairs are quite steep, so if that is problem, you will need to reque...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank justthemessenger
Vickie P, General Manager at Hotel St. Pierre, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review following your recent stay here at St Pierre. I'm so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided to you by our team! I will be sure to share your kind words with everyone. Furthermore, I am happy to share that we have started our building by building check for doors and windows that need better weather stripping and we are replacing older ac/heating units with new ones: which will certainly help us to give a better experience to all our guests. We truly look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to New Orleans, hopefully in the not too distant future!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

This hotel had a great location in the French Quarter. Our room was good as it had both a sitting room and bedroom which worked well for three girlfriends traveling together. Breakfast was also included which was also convenient. Some of the staff was very helpful, some seemed annoyed if we asked a question??? Though housekeeping staff was friendly, they didn't do much housekeeping to speak of. The room we had showed it's age and wear, but the beds and bedding were great!! The bathtub faucet leaked profusely throughout the three nights we stayed there, and no matter how many times we brought it up, no one ever came to try to fix it, that we know of...lots of wasted water.

Room Tip: Ask to see rooms before you decide for sure which one you want, if possible, as each is unique.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Vickie P, Owner at Hotel St. Pierre, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. Your feedback is very important to us and will be shared with all departments as we strive to provide the best possible guest service as possible. We continue to conduct guest service training in all departments.

We are to begin guest room, bathroom updates in May so that by the end of summer all guest rooms will have been upgraded. We have already added the new bedding package, flat screen televisions, with mini refrigerators, microwaves and new drapery on the way.

We want to invite you back to see us again so that you can experience this wonderful gem at its best.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

ANOTHER TRIUMPH! (Feb6-10, 2014). Ms. Jodi & Ms Vickie are the best! This hotel has been going through renovations that have come out beautifully and still have more to come. I have stayed with them from the beginning of their renovations and returned several times during. FIRST OFF...I want to say, this is not your traditional hotel nor is it anything like the big chain hotel's. So if that is what you're looking for then those hotels are closer to Canal St. This property is TRUE New Orleans old world...rooms that represent guest rooms of days gone by. Quintessential NOLA old world, style and charm.

The lobby is a GREAT improvement from the old one. Clean lines, great art work and a breakfast nook that's quite homey looking out onto one of the properties pools. This property isn't what you would expect a traditional "hotel" to be. It is a collection of buildings whose rooms are very reminiscent of "old world" New Orleans. Some rooms are a bit small while others like the cottage rooms (201, 213, 214 etc) are huge. On this stay I had room #201. A sitting area, 2 queen beds and a sizeable bathroom. The room was immaculately clean, new carpet looked great! (although light carpet is going to be a chore to keep clean, bold choice LOL). This room had 2 ceiling fans, refrigerator, microwave and a nice size flat screen tv. This room is unique in that it's door opens directly onto Burgundy like any home in the quarter. Found this to be a unique but welcome experience.

This property is located just minutes from Bourbon Street and just steps from the Quarter Grocery that makes some of the quarters best Po' Boy's & plate meals (suggestions: Bacon cheese burger, chicken tender & hot link Po' Boy's, Chicken wing & Fries, Red Beans/Rice & Sausage plate). The property has a nice pool outside the breakfast nook and a smaller pool in the back of the property. While minutes from Bourbon Street it is far enough away if you want quiet, restful sleep. The staff is nice and pleasant...the only suggestion I have would be to have another front desk clerk on duty or someone that can be called up when people are checking in/out. The front desk clerk was BUSY and while trying to help a guest a line started to form. One guest wanting a cab, 3 checking-in, myself and 2 others trying to check-out and another guest having questions about what to do/see/eat.

Reading some of these property reviews I have to wonder "ARE WE STAYING AT THE SAME HOTEL?!?!". Roaches? Bugs? Unclean rooms? NEVER in all the MANY trips (1-2 times a month over years) have I EVER encountered these issues. Once the bathroom in the room I was in backed up and they IMMEDIATELY changed my room so their staff could work on the issue. Now the "rude staff" comment...I wouldn't say it was rude but rather DIRECT & TO THE POINT! they're very busy during holidays/events and have to deal with check-ins and overtly drunk customers. It's a testament to their patients and self control that they manage the smile that they do! If it were me I'm not sure I could maintain as well. And lastly if you don't want ANY NOISE WHAT SO EVER don't stay in the French Quarter. The HSP can not control the parties, marching bands and 3rd line marches going on! The French Quarter is a party and full of life...AGAIN, STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE IF YOU DON'T WANT THE NOISE! NOISE IN THE FW IS A FACT OF LIFE!

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Ms Jodi and Ms Vickie for another great stay! To the management/owner of the Hotel St Pierre, FINALLY a hotel that has done it right. You have a GREAT TEAM in these 2 terrific ladies: dynamic, pleasant, genuine, sincere and a sheer joy to deal with! TAKE THEIR ADVICE AND FOLLOW THEIR LEAD, they'll not disappoint you. They have moved the Hotel St Pierre in the right direction, done a great job earning back business (especially from this traveler) to the point that this guest doesn't have one problem recommending this to friends and travelers...NOT TO MENTION WRITING THIS REVIEW!

• Stayed February 2014
8 Thank GeorgeToti-Williams
Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review following your recent stay here at St Pierre. I'm so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided to you by our team! I will be sure to share your kind words with everyone. We truly look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to New Orleans, hopefully in the not too distant future!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We just got back from a lovely stay at Hotel St Pierre in New Orleans. This hotel is two blocks off Bourdon St – which is just right. Our room was small – but recently renovated – very comfortable. There is a continental breakfast every day with great donuts. BIG BONUS – is the grocery store a ½ block away with a nice little wine selection. We took a cab to and from the airport for $33 each way – best way to go. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JMP386
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I want to especially thank you for your lovely comments about your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you back soon.