“Off top worst hotel stay” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel St. Pierre

Hotel St. Pierre
Ranked #69 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Houma
“Off top worst hotel stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Rooms were dirty and old. Had to walk through a ghetto back ally to get to our room. Staff was rude and unprofessional. Ac didn't work. Valet forgot to tell us to call 45 mins ahead for our car,so we had to wait about an hour for our car! DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: Don't pick this place!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Justtduet
Vickie P, General Manager at Hotel St. Pierre, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. Your feedback is very important to us and will be shared with all departments of the hotel. The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service we strive to provide, and we apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory.

I would love the opportunity to personally speak to you about experience here with us, so please contact anytime Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm. I hope you will give us another chance at providing the level of service you deserve.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Hebrew first
Las vegas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Wish they told us about 45 minutes wait for a car and we didn't have to wait outside and be late for our flight. Especially after they charged $40 for parking.
Stuff is not friendly at all. Bathroom wasn't clean. Definitely will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Cleanliness
4 Thank VBtravell
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. Your feedback is very important to us and will be shared with all departments of the hotel. I was shocked to hear about your experience and would appreciate the opportunity to personally speak to you about your stay with us.

We are taking action with regards to the parking problems with our valet company and we have spoken with our front desk staff on providing any and all information about parking, from how the valet services work. Additionally, depending on what is going on in the city, what time frame our guests can expect when retrieving their vehicle.

We have shared all of your comments with all department heads and assure you we are taking measures to correct the issues you mentioned.

Please accept our apologies for not providing the level of service that we strive for. I hope you will contact me anytime Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm to discuss this in more detail.

Travellers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

Bowling Green, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

St. Pierre is situated in a great location; close to everything but without any night noise. The room was small but clean and cold which was wonderful because it has been 1000 degrees of hell outside in August! There were 2 pools which are nice but could use a bit of a clean. The staff was pleasant and helpful. All in all, this is a charming place to stay and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: We had a room in the back, behind the courtyard and there was zero street noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Krasojevics
Thank you so much for staying with us, and for taking the time to post your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Lovely, charming. Staff were particularly friendly and helpful - all of them - but Eugene was our favourite! Thank you Eugene. The two pools are small but are delightful as they are situated in two courtyards. My only suggestion for improvement is that they get a bar....a cold beer would be good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sarah D
Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review following your recent stay here at St Pierre. I'm so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided to you by our team! I will be sure to share your kind words with everyone. We truly look forward to your next visit.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Please forgive me. I was gushing so much about Mutphy I forgot to mention the hotel lol. The hotel was great. It was situated just right. We were able to walk everywhere. I especially loved the courtyard. The room was small, but it was ok. My only gripe was the shower didn't work in rm 151. Other than that I loved the hotel I will be back

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jiggyjay
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I want to especially thank you for your lovely comments about your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you back soon.
Intercourse, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We just spent a fantastic weekend at the St. Pierre. What a wonderful hotel!!! The staff, the room, the setting all exceeded our expectations.

We booked our room via Priceline and there was a bit of confusion between Priceline and the St. Pierre but Priceline and the St. Pierre staff were able to work out the confusion which set up a fantastic visit.

We liked everything about the hotel. Its location is a few short blocks from Bourbon Street but that was exactly what we wanted, easy access to the fun of Rue Bourbon, yet far enough away for some solitude when the partying was over.

The front desk staff was wonderful. A very pleasant greeting as we walked in the door, helpful suggestions for restaurants and attractions, a pleasant "hello" whenever we passed through the lobby.

Our room was very spacious and newly renovated with a most comfortable king bed, chandelier, pleasant tones, and the feel of an old-style hotel with high ceilings and very nice furnishings.

I can't imagine a better staff and a better value in the French Quarter. The St. Pierre did everything right for us and we will definitely be staying there again when we next visit the Big Easy!!!

Thank you St. Pierre for making my first visit to New Orleans a very pleasant and memorable experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
3 Thank Boreas414
Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review following your recent stay here at St Pierre. I'm so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided to you by our team! I will be sure to share your kind words with everyone. I can't wait to welcome you back on your next visit with us.
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Firstly St. Pierre's location is great: two streets behind the dirty Bourbon St and a short stroll to Frenchman where the GOOD live entertainment is.

Secondly, the pools are tiny (and a bit filthy - I got tangled in some girls plastic weave hair that she'd shed) but very necessary when visiting during stinking hot July. There's also two pools, a more private one in the back, if you don't feel like getting skimpy infront of the lobby.

Thirdly, the rooms are pokey and the aircon is LOUD - earplugs a MUST.

Fourthly, the complimentary breakfast is less than desirable, infact I think a toddler could make better scrambled eggs, and they'd probably use real eggs.

Fifthly, the parking is expensive with this hotel. Try your luck with some of the parking lots in the 'hood.

The front desk staff were surly, judgey, and unhelpful. You know what I mean, you walk through the doors and they look at you like they have no idea who you are (even though you've approached them hours earlier) and they seem super peeved that you've distracted them from their chit-chat. Every basic request just seemed like hard work for them.

When I asked about whether there was a fridge in my room, I was assured there was one... I turned that room upside down - there wasn't one.

Room Tip: If you need a fridge, confirm you have one in your room!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank TheCrimsonRosella
Thank you for your review. I am certainly disappointed that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Your comments have been shared with all department heads to ensure that corrective measures are taken. Please know that this is not the level of service that we strive to provide. I would like to speak to you personally about your experience and to invite you back so that we can give you the type of hotel stay that all of our guest deserve. Please contact me anytime Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm.
Look forward to speaking with you.