“Charming”
Review of Bienville House

Bienville House
Ranked #53 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 13 March 2012

The Bienville House is a charming hotel on the edge of the French Quarter with easy access to all the big hotels where conventions and conferences are held. Avoid the cookie-cutter quality of the major chains and stay at this cute, well-appointed former grain warehouse. Continental breakfast is included--sit outside in the lovely courtyard if weather permits. The staff are all very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I stayed in an internal room (no windows) since I knew I wouldn't be hanging out much in the roo...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Julie H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,624)

Reviewed 8 March 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Sheryl B
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I recently completed my stay at the Bienville House and I was extremely disappointed with my experience. I booked a double/double room with a balcony in September and requested a Decatur balcony so i could have a good view of the Quarter during Mardi gras. I called to confirm that I would have a balcony room on Decatur on two separate occasions (once in December and once in February) and was told that, "yes, indeed, you have a double room balcony on Decatur". I was shocked when I arrived at the hotel to find that I had been placed in a room with a courtyard balcony. I had a great view of a cement wall and my neighbor's room. The guest service representative on-duty was completely unfriendly and unaccommodating. She informed me that there were no double/double balcony rooms, that all the Decatur balconies were King rooms so there is no way I could've been placed in a Decatur room since I had three people in my party and needed two beds. I should've been told when I booked the room that there were no double/double rooms with balconies on Decatur. For the price I paid ($576 for two nights), I could've found a room somewhere else in the Quarter that better matched my needs.

Room Tip: Only King Rooms overlooking Decatur
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Just returned from a six-night stay at this wonderful boutique hotel. Location was perfect. Near to the parades of Mardi Gras and the craziness of Bourbon Street, but remote enough to enjoy a restful night’s sleep. Rooms were clean. Staff was exceptionally accommodating. Charming . . . charming . . . charming.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MiG8or
Reviewed 24 February 2012

This was our second time to stay at the Bienville House and it will not be our last. The location is perfect for walking to the French Market, Bourbon St, Warehouse District, St. Charles, etc. We stayed in a large King with a luscious, plant laden patio out our door. Breakfast is included and if the weather is nice, you can eat in the courtyard next to the pool. The staff goes out of their way to be helpful. American Express was offering a deal, so we were lucky to get an expensive room, at a great price.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dhcmemphis
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I have stayed at he Bienville House many times for business and pleasure. Every time I go, I enjoy it more. The facility and location are incredible, but the real enjoyment comes from the Staff. They are absolutely superb! I can't wait to go back

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
BHSales, Guest Relations Manager at Bienville House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear careysaab,

Thank you. It truly means a lot to us to hear about our guests experience.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

The Bienville House is convenient to the French Market Area, Jackson Square, Bourbon Street and Canal Street. It is a great value for the location. The property is well maintained and clean. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Our room was one of the least expensive. It is in the interior of the building without windows. We enjoyed the quiet and were able to sleep throughout the craziness of Mardi Gras.

The hotel offers a contintental breakfast each morning and has newspapers in the lobby.

We've stayed in about 15 hotels in New Orleans. This is in the top 5, including some of the much more expensive options. We'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: There are many options so be specific about what you want. We selected a quiet room which was also...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SoonerLater

Dear SoonerLater,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We appreciate the time it took you to write this and share with others. Please come stay with us again.