There's probably no better location for families in the French Quarter. Safe neighborhood easy walking distance to Aquarium, Insectarium, Canal Street (streetcars) and Jackson Square. Better than average continental breakfast, and kid-pleasing cookies and lemonade available in the lobby in the afternoons.
We had a second-floor room above Decatur Street that got a LOT of street noise at night. There's the fire station (which is also fun for kids, the friendly firemen sit right out on the sidewalk when they're in the station), yes, but more noise comes from the Irish pub across the street that has live music and is known as a late-night destination, as well as the groups of people shouting at each other as they walk by. Ask for a room off the street if that's a concern for you. Courtyard rooms have a balcony and looked like a good bet. Our party also had an interior king room, which was much quieter.
We had to wait 40 minutes for the valet service to retrieve our car on check-out morning (which was not busy on a Wednesday.) We were told the people who parked the car off-site failed to write a location on the ticket, and they had to go looking for the car. Next time we'll call ahead to warn them we'll want our car, to try to cut down on the wait time. Others checking out at the same time didn't have that problem.
Service from hotel staff was consistently friendly. Stop by the candy store on the corner of Conti and Decatur for pralines or ice cream. There's also a nice gift shop on the opposite side of Decatur towards Canal Street (near the House of Blues) where the merchandise isn't too gaudy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just as the French Quarter is perfectly situated in the heart of New Orleans, the Bienville House New Orleans hotel is perfectly situated in the midst of the historic French Quarter. Having just completed a multi-million dollar renovation, the 83-room hotel is a truly distinctive downtown New Orleans hotel establishment. It has a sense of style and grace only to be found in America’s most interesting city, within this New Orleans' boutique hotel accommodations in the French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bienville House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bienville House Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville New Orleans