My wife and I have been visiting New Orleans for over 25 years. Have stayed in many nice hotels during this time including the Marriott, Westin, and the Monteleone, a sister property. It was through an e-mail from the Monteleone about three years ago that we learned about the Bienville House. We decided to try it, fell in love with it, and will never stay anywhere else.
The location is superb. Pretty much a 2-3 block walk from Bourbon street, Canal Place, Riverwalk, The Aquarium, Jackson Square, and the St. Charles streetcar. A little further to the French Market, but straight down Decatur St. from the hotel.
The staff at the hotel is absolutely superb, with none of the indifference frequently experienced in large cities. On our first trip we were treated wonderfully. On subsequent trips we were always welcomed as returning guests. They will do anything possible to see that you have a pleasant and comfortable stay. The valet parking is probably the best in New Orleans, and among the least expensive at $20.00 / night. Others have run from $30.00 to $40.00 per night. From valet parking to the front desk is only a few steps. Wi-Fi is now free. If you are a breakfast person they offer a complimentary continental breakfast with various types of rolls, fruit, juices, milk, and an absolutely wonderful coffee.
We normally request a room with a courtyard balcony. These balconies are small, but adequate for two, and overlooks an absolutely beautiful courtyard with a small salt water pool. On our last visit we had a room with a much larger, though private, balcony overlooking Decatur Street. It was a different, but wonderful experience, watching the people, the street, and the energy of the city from the security of a second floor balcony. On occasion, the fire station across the street can provide additional excitement. Actually, I believe it possibly has been our favorite room.
I am at a little bit of a loss, reading the few reviews about a having a dirty or moldy room, or with malfunctioning plumbing. We have never experienced this. Our rooms have always been very clean and well maintained. The magnificent four poster beds have a very comfortable mattress. The hotel provides a complimentary in-room safe. Thankfully, although the ambiance of the hotel may be nineteenth century, the bathroom fixtures are modern and have always worked.
Overall, this is a great little boutique hotel, skillfully blending the eloquence of yesteryear with the demands of the 21st century guest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just as the French Quarter is perfectly situated in the heart of New Orleans, the Bienville House New Orleans hotel is perfectly situated in the midst of the historic French Quarter. Having just completed a multi-million dollar renovation, the 83-room hotel is a truly distinctive downtown New Orleans hotel establishment. It has a sense of style and grace only to be found in America’s most interesting city, within this New Orleans' boutique hotel accommodations in the French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Bienville House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bienville House Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville New Orleans