This is a copy of the letter that I sent to management shortly after my stay. It has only been a few days and so far, I have not gotten a responce from them.
Myself and 9 other members of my family were in town to celebrate my mother's 50th birthday. I had 5 rooms reserved at the Bienville House. Upon arrival, we encountered a very anxious doorman that made us feel as if we were just another car he had to park. Then we met the desk clerk, Brittney! She was so kind and polite and tried her best to get us checked in a timely manner. However, she was not able to do that, because although it was 4pm, our rooms had not yet been cleaned, and were not ready to accommodate guests. After waiting in the lobby for nearly a half an hour, we finally made it to our rooms. I believe that everyone was very pleased with the cleanliness and quality of the rooms. After our checking in was postponed, we were a bit pressed for time and had to hastefully prepare for dinner. We ended up being about fifteen minutes late for our reservation, but thankfully the restaurant was very understanding. After dinner, we returned to the hotel. Some of the family returned to their rooms and went to bed. Others socialized on the sundeck and some took the opportunity to take in some of New Orleans’ nightlife. Although I only had 1 encounter with a member of the hotel staff, I found out the next morning that my entire family had been harassed and threatened by the security staff that night. On one occasion (when I was present) my brothers, my sister and myself were sitting on the sundeck, very aware that there were other guests staying in the rooms beside us, when we were surprised to see a security person come around the corner and tell us that we were going to have to quiet it down. Although I didn’t think we were being loud at all, I kindly apologized and assured him that we would be a little quieter. Without a thank you, or even another word, he was gone. On another occasion, around midnight, my brother and his girlfriend, whom had not been at the hotel since we left for dinner, were returning from the French quarter. Rather than being greeted by the desk clerk, they were told that they had “better be quiet or I will call the police and have you thrown out of the hotel!" The next morning when I found out that that had happened, I was embarrassed and appalled. That is no way to treat a guest that is paying good money to stay at your hotel. Another thing, if there was a problem with any of my guest, I should have been contacted as it was my name and cell phone number on all of the reservations. I was never contacted. Lastly, about 30 minutes prior to checking out on Sunday morning, my father called down to the front desk and asked the clerk to retrieve his car from the parking garage. When he met me downstairs about 35 minutes later to checkout of the hotel, his car was still not available. It took another 30 minutes before it was finally on site. Overall, despite my enthusiasm about staying at the Bienville house , my experience there was not a pleasant one. I'm not sure me or any member of my family will ever be back or be able to recommend it to anyone that plans to visit New Orleans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just as the French Quarter is perfectly situated in the heart of New Orleans, the Bienville House New Orleans hotel is perfectly situated in the midst of the historic French Quarter. Having just completed a multi-million dollar renovation, the 80-room hotel is a truly distinctive downtown New Orleans hotel establishment. It has a sense of style and grace only to be found in America’s most interesting city, within this New Orleans' boutique hotel accommodations in the French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Bienville House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bienville House Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville New Orleans