Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Place d'Armes Hotel(New Orleans)
Good 3.5/5
    Cornstalk Hotel(New Orleans)
    • Breakfast included
    Hotel St. Marie(New Orleans)
    • Pool
    Olivier House Hotel(New Orleans)
    Hotel Royal(New Orleans)
    Very Good 4/5
    Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
    6,803 results
    All reviewsloft suitegreat locationfrench quarterjackson squarebeautiful hotellouis cathedralhotel barcafe duroyal streetloved this hotelvalet parkingstreet noisemardi grasrouxbalconynolaaction
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 17 April 2012

First, let me say, the valet and bellman staff are 5 stars. Excellent and accommodating. The rest of the staff prevented me from giving more than 3 stars to the staff. I don't know how they miniaturized the rooms but they did. The bed barely fits. NO room for your clothes except the closet. We had to live out of our suitcases for three days which just made the claustrophobic feeling of the room worse. Minimal lighting, incredibly noisy hallways, the wonderful pool of the past has deteriorated. Their bar doesn't open until 5pm so you have to go down the street and bring something back or run down to Rouses and buy your own which cannot be finished by the time you leave, for most people. To my great surprise their classy bar is no more and the bar is just a bourbon street joint. I could go on but will only say I'm headed back to the Monteleone.

• Stayed: April 2012
    3  Thank eernuts
    Reviewed 17 April 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for over 10 years. It had a great rate and the perfect location. I stayed there again at the end of March/first of April (Final Four) and had a great experience, with a few problems I don't remember from before.
    Things I liked:
    1. granite tops on all surfaces.
    2. comfortable bed
    3. great service from maids and front desk
    4. courtyard room had no street noise and a nice view. I like the new shutters but prefer the option of more darkness.
    5. the pool is lovely
    6. I loved the lighted magnified makeup mirror. But it was mounted on the wall in such a way that you cannot use the mirror to see the back of your hair. Mounting it closer to the door would fix that.
    7. The ceilings in this historic buidling are not high, so using the stairs was great and we used them all the time and we were on the 4th floor.
    8. Large comfortable room. We used our desk chair for our occasional chair. There was room for an occasional chair and a small one would be a nice addition.

Things I didn't like:
    1. very noisy from the hall. There was carpet in the hall, but granite in our small foyer, with a big gap at the floor. The granite floors (in some hallways) are elegant but too noisy. I slept with earplugs due to the noise from the hall.
    2. No place to unpack. Dresser under TV had 2 small drawers that worked and one that didn't and then just an open space. Bedside tables had just one small drawer. There was an open nook space (for a kitchenette, bar, dresser?) that had one luggage rack. We got a second rack immediately upon asking, but would have preferred a dresser.
    3. No place to unpack in the bathroom. I would prefer a big drawer or a shelf under the countertop.
    4. No refrigerator, which I like for my medicine and for any drinks I may have.
    5. The rate for this weekend was very high and I had to pay the whole amount when I made the reservation, but it was for the Final Four, so I assume the rate is still reasonable for regular times, but I'm not sure.
    6. I wish the little lobby bar was open (I have never seen it open) but the rowdy bar next door has a door from the lobby and we were given a free drink voucher when we checked in and they honored it with a smile.
    7. The new doorless shower is elegant, but water got all over the floor and we didn't get a bathmat every day. I did like the unique location of the shower handle. The shower head was not adjustable and was very close to the wall and the little tray for shampoo got in the way, not because it was poorly placed, but because the shower head didn't spray far enough out. The little tray for the shampoo has bars that are too far apart and the little bottles always fall over so you have to keep the tops on the bottles.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank imissneworleans
    Reviewed 17 April 2012

I recently organized a meeting for my client at the Bourbon Orleans. The staff was amazing and catered to our every need. I would highly recommend this facility for any group in the 100 people range.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are much quieter than outside rooms.
    • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
    3  Thank Andrea S
    Reviewed 14 April 2012

I will first start off by saying that we had an AMAZING vacation and we are planning on returning to New Orleans next year!
    The hotel is beautiful on the inside. They recently did some renovations to the rooms, which included the bathroom. I don't know what they were thinking with the showers because the door only went halfway across and the whole floor would be soaked by the time you were done taking a shower. The room itself was small, and I wish it had a mini refrigerator or something in it. Although there were no food vending machines so if you wanted something you would need to either order room service or walk to the market to get it. I found that odd. The first day the maid service didn't show up until close to 5pm, so we told them not to bother. The second day was the same, but we happened to be out when they came. The room was never really cleaned...just the bed was made and towels replaced for the most part. Don't bother with the breakfast in the morning. We had vouchers for free full breakfast, but it was not good. Fruit flies all around the food and cold food were the main reasons. The pool area was lovely, but the pool itself which was supposed to be heated was cold. We had a hard time sleeping because it was very noisy. We did not have a balcony, but were on the 6th floor facing Bourbon. I suggest maybe a room facing the courtyard instead. We also woke up in a sweat every night. The air conditioner didn't seem to work well. We had it on 65 at one point. On the plus side, it was the perfect location in the French Quarter. So if you are not planning on spending a lot of time in the hotel itself, this would work.

Room Tip: 6th floor facing Bourbon was very noisy
    • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank Jennifer C
    Reviewed 13 April 2012

Recently had a small destination wedding at this hotel. Alyssa was amazing to work with! The whole staff at this hotel are absolutely wonderful! It's a beautiful hotel with lots of history in a perfect location. This was my second stay in this hotel (once before renovations and this time was after renovations). The townhouse room is HUGE and fantastic, the only complaint is that it can get a bit loud - from the outside street since it's near Bourbon Street as well as noises from the hall outside the room (the halls on the 3rd floor are marble, not carpet so any sound is magnified). My last nite at the hotel I switched to a room on a carpeted floor and is was absolutely quiet! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to NOLA and for a wedding or event! The food is amazing too! I cannot say enough great things about this hotel and the staff!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends