“Ghost Adventures!”

Ranked #9 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
New Orleans
“Ghost Adventures!”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

The hotel was the site of one of the first opera houses in the city, a grand dance hall, and a convent. It doesn't take much imagination to see how fancy the lobby was in 1817, when it was built. And it's no wonder that the tour guides report nightly sightings of ghosts on the winged staircases.

This hotel is well worth a visit. Make sure you ask the front desk to show you the ballroom even if you don't take a tour. The staff is friendly and helpful and willing to show you some of the relics associated with the hotel that are set up around the lobby. Ghost enthusiasts and history lovers will find this an excellent choice.

Room Tip: If you want a haunted room, ask reservations for one on the sixth floor or one down the hall from th...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,535)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Bourbon Orleans, just wished we had planned on a longer stay. Our room, breakfast, and all of the service was marvelous. The Bourbon Orleans is right there on Bourbon Street and within easy walking distance to most of the local sights. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We booked the Bourbon Orleans Hotel for one main reason.....its location! It is located on the corner of Bourbon St and Orleans St which is on the east end of the crazy part of Bourbon St. It was only two (very short) blocks north of Jackson Square. Although is is a little bit more than some of the hotels on the fringe of the Quarter the location made up for that as we saved more than the difference simply by not having to pay for renting a car and the high parking fees associated with it. This hotel made exploring the French Quarter so easy, you can walk to any point in the Quarter without a problem, even Frenchmans street. We could come back to the hotel when ever we needed to freshen up (it was very hot during our stay) or just to cool down and we never felt like we had to go out of our way to get back there.

This trip was for our first anniversary. My wife loves Nawlins and I had never been there so we thought it would be a great place to celebrate our first year. We knew we wanted a nice hotel near all the action/sights and once we saw the pics and read the reviews we knew this hotel would fit the bill nicely.

We were not dissappointed in our choice. We arrived on an early flight and the short cab ride put us at the hotel at 10am, which as you know is way before the customary 3pm check-in time. The staff checked us in and informed us that a room was not available yet, but we could store our bags if we wanted to go exploring in the Quarter and they would give us a call when our room was ready. So thats what we did. About an hour later we got a call on my cell that our room was ready.

The room itself was on the 6th floor and on the couryard/pool side. It was small but we had no problems with it. The bed was very comfortable and we have no complaints at all about the room or its condition (well maybe one, there are only blinds on the windows and no curtains so when the sun comes up the room brightens up too. We like it dark so that is one improvement that could be made). We read many reviews that described the shower with no door or curtain and couldn't visualize what they were talking about. it wasn't a big deal, we never found that water was getting on the floor as some had mentioned. The hotel is a very nice kept building inside and out. The staff was always friendly and went out of their way to ensure we were enjoying our stay. we only ate in the restaurant one time for breakfast so can't really comment on it other than to say it was convienent, but a little pricey.

I initially was concerned about the noise from Bourbon St, but with the location of our room we never heard a thing. And yes, Bourbon St was hopping, even on our first night which was a Thursday. Again the location was excellent for doing the whole Bourbon St "thing". It was nice to know that we didn't have to worry about driving or trying to catch a cab after a few to many "beverages".

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and as I said it may cost just a little bit more than those othere hotels outside the Quarter, but the location made up for this hands down.

1 Thank N737AA
Marrero, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Perfect location, outstanding personel. Would highly recommend! ONLY negative of our stay, was I read ice chest were not allowed in rooms, but we had no mini-fridge. Other then that, we had a great time, at a great hotel!

1 Thank Lee H
Amityville, New York
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I've definitely experienced better. I stayed from 8/9/12 through 8/15/12. Although we had to live out of our luggage the entire time, we kept our room organized. The room was small and there were no dressers with three women staying in the room. They did not let us know prior, however when we arrived we were advised a $50 per day hold would be put on my credit card in the case of any incidentals which for 7 days should have only been $350.00.When I checked my credit card, they had held over $1120.00!!!! I immediately went to the front desk to have this solved & was told they were having “system issues” I had to take time out of my day to contact my bank and the front desk supervisor then spoke to them about the mistake which was then resolved. However nothing was offered to me for my troubles.

On 8/13 we rented a car for one day and when we returned later on that night (hotel offers $32 parking for the night), our beds were not made and all the sheets and blankets were left bundled up on the bed. I then found a RUDE note from housekeeping stating they did not clean our room because it was too messy! However prior to leaving that morning, we organized the room and even put all of our trash in a neat pile. Our room was actually the neatest it had ever been. Again I went to the front desk and a manager, (KEVIN) came to speak with me, he was completely embarrassed and told me that it was definitely a violation of their policy, action would be taken & we would receive the upmost accommodations he could provide. Surprise!, Again nothing was done for my troubles. That night however we did leave our room for a few hours while housekeeper raquel cleaned our room and did a fantastic job!

On our check out day we got a bill under our door for two night of parking. We only had the rental car for a single day and only parked it over night. At this point I was completely pissed because AGAIN I was being overcharged. I went to the front desk AGAIN and the supervisor did fix the charges and actually wiped out the day parking charge for my troubles. I let her know about my previous troubles and how nothing was done about the nasty note left on my night stand from housekeeping, she stated she would have the day manager Scott call me. Scott called me in the room prior to our 12pm check out & stated I would be refunded a nights stay, which was fine with me at that point, however it has been 5 days since I checked out and NOONE has been in contact with me from the hotel and no refund has been made to my account. I left a message for Scott who still has not returned my call.
Although this hotel is a great location, I would NEVER stay here again. They only accommodate you when it is convenient for them and other than Raquel, housekeeping is rude and unprofessional. The pool was warm and dirty, not really refreshing. The bar was dead and so was the restaurant which had the most expensive breakfast I’ve ever seen. Definitely not luxury!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Lauren S
Bedford
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Location is ideal - towards the end of Bourbon St so far enough away from the noise yet an easy walk to get there. The property itself is a bit dated but clean. Nice amenity with the pool in the courtyard. You definitely feel you are taking a step back in time.

Room Tip: I had a courtyard room which totally eliminates any (remote) noise from Bourbon St
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank skiguy33
Atlanta
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Our recent stay at Bourbon Orleans was excellent. It's been recently remodeled but still retains the romantic atmosphere that you expect from the French Quarter. The hotel is located in the middle of the French Quarter behind Jackson Square. It's an easy walk to Cafe DeMonde, Jackson Square, French Market and great restaurants. The staff if very friendly and efficient! I highly recommend that you try out the Bourbon Orleans.