“Nice Stay”

Ranked #9 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
ann arbor, MI
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Booked a double bed with balcony. The room was a long way from the elevator but we quickly figured out that if you take the nearby service elevator you will end up between the lobby and the restaurant - much closer! The room was on the small side but fine for two people. Room was very clean and the beds were great. Our room faced St. Ann Street and it could get a little noisy from time-to-time but nothing that kept us up. We enjoyed having the balcony although the chairs were not very comfortable...good enough for morning coffee.

I really loved the location after having stayed at Harrahs and Homewood Suites. It's great to be so close to everything in the FQ. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,533)
Alta Loma, California
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Everything you would ever dream of in a historic hotel. Located directly behind the Saint Louis Cathedral and opening up to Bourbon Street, this hotel has the perfect locale for safe entry into the past. We brought the entire family and everyone was happy! The GM gladly showed us haunted areas of the hotel along with sharing it's fabled history. The front desk staff were always quick to assist along with the Valet and Bell Caps. By the time we left they reminded us we were now part of the family!

Room Tip: The suites were awesome but bottom floor rooms were the best for little tiny children.
Patriot, Ohio
Reviewed 28 November 2012

This makes the second time I've stayed at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel and I love it!! Had a balcony room and loved to watch all the action going when I wasn't part of it! I'd recommend this hotel to anyone that didn't mind a little noise late at night and wanted to be "in the middle of it all".

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I just stayed at the Bourbon Orleans for my wedding reception in November 2012 and had roughly 10-15 rooms per night of my close family and friends. We are all in total agreement that the hotel was amazing. The accomodations were wonderful and every staff person couldn't have been nicer. The valet - superb. I don't think I ever opened the front door on my own - the doorman was always there and greeting me with a smile. Check in was easy and the sales staff that put the block together was always available via email the same day. I didn't dine in the hotel but many of my guests did and they loved it.

The haunted stories behind the hotel were facscinating and Joe the engineer even saw a ghost on my floor just moments before I was in that same elevator. Awesome!Thanks again for a great stay and an amazing location for our French Quarter Wedding weekend.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We didn't have a lot of choices of where to stay because I waited too long to make reservations for Thanksgiving week, and I paid a little more than I planned. Very nice hotel with attractive, comfortable rooms, GREAT BEDS! Professional, friendly, helpful staff. Don't be afraid of the Bourbon Street address - the entrance is actually on Orleans Street: much quieter. I really liked the location. All of the French Quarter is within reasonable walking distance.
The hotel is a funny shape, so that from the elevator there is one short hallway and one a mile long! (Not really, but it seemed like it.) We were right by the elevator but the ice machine was a hike!
A few criticisms: (a) There was no Guest Services person on the Wednesday and Thursday of Thanksgiving Week, which I thought was a bit lame. They only have one GS person who works 8 to 4 and was taking some time off. The front-desk people and valet/doormen were helpful and fairly knowledgeable, but for a hotel like this not to have a Guest Services person or Concierge on property was surprising. (b) The bathroom had no tub, only a large shower, but it didn't close! No door, no curtain, just open. And they have the shower head fixed so it only moves side to side, not up and back, in order that the water doesn't flood the bathroom floor. But you have to get under the shower head against the wall to get wet, so the roomy stall is mostly wasted space. Strange design choice. (c) The TV had limited free TV but lots of pay-per-view movies in the $15 to $20 range. No Weather Channel or most of the "standard cable" stations you get in most hotels. Showtime but no HBO. ION. A Japanese news station. Only about 20 channels all together. (d) The air conditioner worked great, except it got cold the last day we were there, but nobody switched over to heat, so no matter how you set the thermostat, you got only cool air. (I asked about this when we checked out and this was the explanation I got from the front desk clerk.) Holiday weekend, I guess. I didn't mind too much, but my sister froze. (e) When the lobby restaurant was open (breakfast only, except they served Thanksgiving dinner), they had coffee set up right by the entrance. I wasn't dining, but I was passing through and thought, "oh, nice, coffee for the guests." Nope. Two bucks. At these prices, you'd think they'd comp the coffee. Oh, well.

Room Tip: The rooms are different sizes and shapes, so ask for what you want. The Reservations people at the h...
St Andrews
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Very nice hotel, no card to request room make up for door handle, only a double sided privacy notice on all our groups doors, left at 10:30am and back at 03:30pm and room was was still not touched.

A little disappointed with This.

Lake Jackson, Texas
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We enjoyed our stay. We had an outside room so it was louder than expected. It was fun to open the shutters and watch the numerous parades as they went down the street. The room was nice and large, and the bathroom was modern. The restaurant was good and served good Southern food. We visited the ballroom, which is supposed to be haunted. It was beautiful. The bell men were very friendly and helpful. It was a great location and accessible to most everything. I would absolutely stay here again, but next time I will request an interior room.