“Fantastic hotel!!!”

Ranked #9 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Vancouver
“Fantastic hotel!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

Stayed at this hotel because of the trip advisor reviews and would definitely return. I got a great deal on the rooms only $128 per night and so I was even more impressed when I checked in. The lobby was beautifully decorated for Christmas. And I must say, for an older hotel, the rooms were impeccable, everything is kept looking new, no signs of wear and tear. Also the bed was super comfortable and the room was large. I thought the service was great too. The door man was very helpful, as was Ron the concierge who gave great advice on taking a ghost tour and a great burger place to eat at. The location was perfect...close to everythingbut far enough away from the noise of BourbonSt. Finally, the thought of a haunted hotel would typically spook me out but I guess it is part of the charm of New Orleans. It didn't have a spooky feel to it, but I couldn't help but notice that our tv was turned on in the room upon our return, when we know we never turned it on....

Room Tip: Stayed in room 226 which had a nice view of the pool and was very spacious
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,502)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012

My friend and I went to NOLA for a girl's weekend a couple of weeks ago. We wanted to stay IN the French Quarter, so that we could walk everywhere. THIS was the PERFECT location!!!

Once we arrived, my friend noticed that there was something about this hotel being haunted. We decided to do some research to find out more. After research, we were intrigued and took a ghost tour!! Our hotel was one of the highlights of the tour.

The ballroom was lovely. The rooms were quaint/charming. The staff was great (valet, bellman, front desk, and bar).

Please note that because you are in the French Quarter, you must valet your car. Valet was around $30-35 a day, which is a bit steep, but worth it (for where you are staying). You could literally walk one block to Bourbon Street...one block to shopping...one block to dining...etc.

For us, location and friendly staff are EVERYTHING. Loved this charming, haunted hotel. I hope to go back and stay there again soon.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor, which is supposedly the most haunted. (spooky) lol
Oxford, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

The Bourbon Orleans Hotel was the icing on the cake when we recently got together with our family for Thanksgiving in New Orleans. From the moment we pulled up to the curb...6 people in tow plus twice that amount of luggage and then some, we were treated like special guests. I appreciated the patience and extra attention given to us by the front desk attendant as he processed a monetary gift I gave to each of my 3 kids, taking the time needed to issue a credit to each of their separate rooms. Chris, the hotel manager was the first person to greet us, holding open the hotel front door as the bell man pushed in our luggage cart. We saw him and spent time in conversation with him every day of our 4 day stay. Besides helping us navigate the city and making suggestions to places of interest, Chris shared stories regarding the history & "hauntings" of the hotel, going above & beyond by giving us a private tour of the ballroom where many of these happenings occurred. Chris treated us like family and we felt we were home when returning to the hotel lobby and seeing him there. The guest rooms are roomy with wonderfully comfortable beds. Each day housekeeping kept our room in tip top shape (even on Thanksgiving Day), in addition to restocking our in-room complimentary water bottles and coffee/tea. The location of the hotel is ideal...turning to the left upon leaving you are facing the St Louis Cathedral...at night the shadow off the statue of Christ's uplifted arms casts a beautiful reflection upon the church building. Jackson Square, Bourbon Street, Cafe du Monde, all of the French Quarter is easily accessible by walking. The area is quiet yet a party awaits you if you walk a block or two to Bourbon Street. I highly recommend Bourbon Orleans as the best hotel choice in the French Quarter. Our experience here contributed to a most memorable and enjoyable time with family in a city we were visiting for the first time.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
ann arbor, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

Booked a double bed with balcony. The room was a long way from the elevator but we quickly figured out that if you take the nearby service elevator you will end up between the lobby and the restaurant - much closer! The room was on the small side but fine for two people. Room was very clean and the beds were great. Our room faced St. Ann Street and it could get a little noisy from time-to-time but nothing that kept us up. We enjoyed having the balcony although the chairs were not very comfortable...good enough for morning coffee.

I really loved the location after having stayed at Harrahs and Homewood Suites. It's great to be so close to everything in the FQ. I would stay here again.

Alta Loma, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

Everything you would ever dream of in a historic hotel. Located directly behind the Saint Louis Cathedral and opening up to Bourbon Street, this hotel has the perfect locale for safe entry into the past. We brought the entire family and everyone was happy! The GM gladly showed us haunted areas of the hotel along with sharing it's fabled history. The front desk staff were always quick to assist along with the Valet and Bell Caps. By the time we left they reminded us we were now part of the family!

Room Tip: The suites were awesome but bottom floor rooms were the best for little tiny children.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Patriot, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

This makes the second time I've stayed at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel and I love it!! Had a balcony room and loved to watch all the action going when I wasn't part of it! I'd recommend this hotel to anyone that didn't mind a little noise late at night and wanted to be "in the middle of it all".

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

I just stayed at the Bourbon Orleans for my wedding reception in November 2012 and had roughly 10-15 rooms per night of my close family and friends. We are all in total agreement that the hotel was amazing. The accomodations were wonderful and every staff person couldn't have been nicer. The valet - superb. I don't think I ever opened the front door on my own - the doorman was always there and greeting me with a smile. Check in was easy and the sales staff that put the block together was always available via email the same day. I didn't dine in the hotel but many of my guests did and they loved it.

The haunted stories behind the hotel were facscinating and Joe the engineer even saw a ghost on my floor just moments before I was in that same elevator. Awesome!Thanks again for a great stay and an amazing location for our French Quarter Wedding weekend.