“Upgrade!”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #9 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 6 January 2013

It has all of the charm that you would expect from a hotel right off bourbon street. I loved the architecture and the original chandeliers! When we walked in we were offered an upgrade to our room- from a standard king room to a loft suite for a little extra a night. This might have been one of the best choices we made! The extra space was fantastic and it was nice with its spiral staircase and large windows. The beds were really comfortable. The staff was friendly, although we did not get our linens changed after our first night which would have been nice after our night out on bourbon. No breakfast was included, and basically no room service as the kitchen never seemed to be open when we would have liked something to be delivered- say around lunchtime when you're nursing a hangover. But there are plenty of restaurants nearby and we found some good little cafes. It is in a great location! We did not have a car and could walk everywhere and rented some bikes from an antique shop and rode out to the art museum. I will definitely come back to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth F
There are newer reviews for Bourbon Orleans Hotel

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Great hotel. Good location. There is some issues with sound between rooms. Otherwise, the rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is courteous and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to most travelers. If you are a gay traveler, it is close to the gay nightclubs.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

The Bourbon Orleans is our home away from home. The friendly staff know us by now and as before are extremly nice and glad to see us. They make us feel so welcome. Love this hotel, the comfortable beds, clean rooms and great food. You can't beat the location of the beautiful historic hotel. Will be back over and over again. A special thanks to Caleb and Louis.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I have not returned to New Orleans since Katrina-but pleasantly surprised at all the reconstruction in most areas. The Quarter seems not to have been affected much and quickly recovered. Remeber this is The Big Easy so pace oneself!
As for the hotel, the location could noy be more perfect!. The rooms are small, adequate amenities, clean. Not much more to say--you don't spend much time in the room in NO.
One problem-noise-why is it that people have to fight at 3 am, them crying kids at 8am. The crying kids was an issue: I sound really horrible but all of us have cried as children-however this hotel has thin walls so take notice! And no one does not call and complain about children---with that said I would go back--if one is single or w/o family ask for a room w/minimal noise ( remember my room eas on an inside corridor) but the internal noise was the problem--can't speak about Bourbon st. itself
So in summary--good hotel, in my opinion expensive for amenities but one seems to be paying for Location and to me in New Orleans that is more important. Note other people complained about the front desk--I thought they did a good job, NO complaints on that issue from me.

1  Thank AtlantaBender
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I checked in on 30 December and stayed through New Years. There is no better location to stay and still be in the heart of EVERYTHING. The main NYE stage was on the river, which was a short walk past St Louis cathedral. The center of Bourbon is less than 100 yards from the front door of the hotel. One huge advantage to staying here is the proximity to Bourbon without being affected buy it. New Years and the bowl game brought thousands to Bourbon and the party never stopped. You don't miss a wink of sleep being bothered by the sounds.

The staff was extremely friendly as always.

I booked a standard King room and was pleasantly surprised when I opened my door to what I considered a suite. A huge king 4 poster bed, the biggest bathroom I've ever seen complete with two sinks, a two person jacuzzi tub and a separate shower.

I will mention there was no fridge in the room but ice was available just down the hall.

I valet parked my car with the hotel. It was $37 per day and required (according to the valet) at least 45 minutes advance notice to get my car. I was told the vehicles were not parked on site but several miles away. I didn't drive during my stay. The morning I checked out, I called down an hour before I needed my car. It wasn't ready when I came down and it took another 44 minutes for them to bring it around. I was not happy with this. That was the only hiccup in an otherwise exceptional stay.

I will not stay anywhere else when I'm in New Orleans though.

Room Tip: Ask for a king room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2013

This hotel is by-and-far the best location in the heart of the French Quarter. The hotel is beautiful and quickly will get you into the "spirits" of the area. We arrived a little early, but there was no problem checking bags (Thanks, Caleb) and promptly received a call when our room was ready. Bellmen, concierge, and front desk were very friendly.
I would suggest getting the king size bed, we stayed in the AAA rate room which was $10 less, but a little cramped. We also had an issue when I added a night's stay on-line. My rate went up about $50/night for the first two nights. It took about 3 weeks and several phone calls to clear this up. My friends just called them about an hour after checkout and told the front desk they were staying. No problem.
The staff definitely made the stay wonderful. I would recommend this hotel and look forward to returning here again.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

We stayed at the Bourbon Orleans for 3 nights for the Sugar Bowl. While the location was fantastic and the beds incredibly comfortable, the property left me flat. There were virtually no amenities. The hotel did not have a gift shop and the only place to get coffee in the morning was the restaurant. Also, the hotel did not have a full time concierge or a bar inside the hotel itself. A bar on Bourbon Street doubled as the "hotel bar". There were no vending machines on our floor either. Some of the Bellman at the entrance were very friendly while others didn't even acknowledge your presence. In my opinion, if it weren't for the great location this would be a 3 star property.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family