“Mr. Ron the reason to stay here!”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #9 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We were here for 4 days/3 nights in November 2012. The location of the Bourbon Orleans is perfect; we walked or cabbed everwhere. Small but well appointed room with a balcony overlooking the pool. Staff helpful and friendly; attractive lobby. The REAL reason to return (which we will) is Mr. Ron the Concierge. We checked in, and asked the desk about a tour; they directed us around the corner in the lobby to Ron's desk. He is charming, very knowledgable, and while he "could not" make suggestions did let us guess which tour was better (spot on!), and then...after much delicious discussion...made us lunch and dinner reservations around town. He knows and loves the city and it payed off beauifully for us.
Having him available to guests puts the Bourbon Orleans above the rest! Please do keep him on staff!

Room Tip: Go for the balcony rooms on the inside;
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen H
There are newer reviews for Bourbon Orleans Hotel

Reviewed 9 January 2013

We had planned our destination wedding for Jackson Square New Orleans and my parents surprised us with a night in a suite at this hotel. The location was perfect and I couldn't wait. We stopped by the day before and asked a couple high maintenance requests. First, I was picking up my wedding bouquets a day early and asked if they could help me keep them fresh. Second, I was wondering if we could get into the room early so we could get ready for my wedding. I was immediately referred to front desk supervisor Keyiana Stewart. Thank goodness - she made all the difference in our stay here! She went ABOVE and beyond! She didn't even hesitate and checked on the temperature of the fridge and personally made sure my flowers were safe and sound until I needed them. I received her card and she told me to call her in the morning to see what was available for early check in. I did and she got me in when I requested - it really made my day! She realized that I needed to avoid any stress and helped me so much by getting me in without a hiccup. Her service has yet to be matched by any hotel or resort I have been to. I can't thank her enough for making my wedding day wonderful. I highly recommend this hotel for other reasons too. The location is fantastic, the balcony was so big and had great views. It was so beautifully decorated for the holidays. The service is the really seller though, thank you!

Room Tip: The St Anne suite was fantastic!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2013

My wife and I stayed at your Hotel Jan 4th-Jan 6th 2013. The following statements are our honest feelings about your Hotel. We selected the Bourbon Orleans to celebrate our 25th anniversary and were quite disappointed over all. When we arrived I ask the check-in clerk if we could possibly get an upgrade from our King room. His responds was, we don't do that sir. Funny how I have read other reviews that stated they were offered upgrades without even asking for them. ODD!!!! When he handed us our breakfast tickets that came with our package we ask him if was a buffet and he responded yes it is. Didn't matter to us but it wasn't. Poor training on both accounts.
We got to our room and the first thing we see were two roaches on the window seal that I killed.
There was what appeared to be saw dust on the floor at the closet door as well as a hair ball on the bed comforter. I removed it before my wife saw it. The floor had not been cleaned after the last guests had checked out. The pillows were so hard and uncomfortable the worst we have ever had to use. The light in the shower wouldn't stay on, it just kept going on and off mostly off. The TV system truly was the worst as far as channel selection. That should handle the room for now. As for the so called Bar you have, what a shame that a hotel of your caliber would even consider what you have as a Bar. The owners should be ashamed for such a beautiful place. They could have the best bar in the French Quarter and by all rights should have for it's guests. The breakfast was the only food we had there during our stay and it was good.( except you have country ham on the menu but let me tell you I KNOW COUNTRY HAM and that is not country ham.) On Sunday when we were checking out and ask for our car to be brought to us, we had to wait for over an hour and you weren't that busy. My god I'm glad you weren't or we would still be waiting. The doorman Caleb was the only good asset I saw at your Hotel. He should be running the show, at least he understands how to treat your customers. He rated an A with us. I truly wish I could say better things about a 4 star Hotel but yours is a failure and needs serious attention and training of staff and much nicer areas to offer your guest. However the location was great but you miss on some very important points. Not everyone that comes to the French Quarter just wants to party and get drunk. Mature couples want nicer more up scale surroundings. Like a nice lounge with jazz music so-PLEASE DO SOMETHING WITH THAT HORRIBLE BAR!!! We are not world travelers but have been fortunate to have stayed in some of the worlds nicest resorts and maybe we just expected to much from your Hotel. By the way our room number was 238.

Room Tip: Pool side room are better.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kenneth H
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Overall, we had a great stay from Jan 1 to Jan 5. Loved the hotel with the exception of internet. It was extremely frustrating. We spent the first 24 hours working with the tech guys to fix it. Both my husband and I needed this for work; it wasn’t just for convenience. Then, it started working but was very hit and miss. We had to go to an internet café because the internet was not working properly. We talked to the front desk personnel and they were nice but less than helpful. Their response was to call the provider and didn’t offer to help in any other way, offer to switch rooms, or even check up on us that it was fixed. We were not sure if it was just our room or not. We will be coming back to New Orleans in May with a few other people. I’d love to stay at the hotel again but am wondering if the internet will always be an issue and have read other reviews with the same issue. If you do not require internet, it is a great hotel.

Room Tip: If you need internet, may not be the right place. Other than that, fantastic.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan S
Reviewed 6 January 2013

It has all of the charm that you would expect from a hotel right off bourbon street. I loved the architecture and the original chandeliers! When we walked in we were offered an upgrade to our room- from a standard king room to a loft suite for a little extra a night. This might have been one of the best choices we made! The extra space was fantastic and it was nice with its spiral staircase and large windows. The beds were really comfortable. The staff was friendly, although we did not get our linens changed after our first night which would have been nice after our night out on bourbon. No breakfast was included, and basically no room service as the kitchen never seemed to be open when we would have liked something to be delivered- say around lunchtime when you're nursing a hangover. But there are plenty of restaurants nearby and we found some good little cafes. It is in a great location! We did not have a car and could walk everywhere and rented some bikes from an antique shop and rode out to the art museum. I will definitely come back to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth F
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Great hotel. Good location. There is some issues with sound between rooms. Otherwise, the rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is courteous and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to most travelers. If you are a gay traveler, it is close to the gay nightclubs.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2013

The Bourbon Orleans is our home away from home. The friendly staff know us by now and as before are extremly nice and glad to see us. They make us feel so welcome. Love this hotel, the comfortable beds, clean rooms and great food. You can't beat the location of the beautiful historic hotel. Will be back over and over again. A special thanks to Caleb and Louis.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends