“Fairy Tale Wedding” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Crowley, Louisiana
“Fairy Tale Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I hosted my daughter's wedding here this past weekend and can say that I have had the best time of my life! From the moment we arrived, my family and guests were treated perfectly. As a wedding venue, this hotel is amazing, and if you just want a weekend away, it is still amazing. Our wedding guests were from all over the United States as well as Europe so it is of note that the hotel is within walking distance of most historical sites, multi-starred restaurants, and entertainment venues so no rental cars are needed. Our rooms were very comfortable with charming ambiance, the balcony overlooking the streets was so much fun for people watching, and the amenities were top notch. The catering/events staff made our whole wedding party feel like special vips and throughout the whole wedding planning process were wonderful to work with. The bell staff and desk staff also were so very friendly, always greeting you with a smile and ready to help with whatever you needed. The food at our reception was delicious and would rival any 5 star restaurant. I have been receiving phone calls all day today from friends and family complimenting my choice of venue for the wedding. I will definitely stay here again!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the interior of the hotel are more quiet as the hotel is in the middle of a very popula...
1 Thank saldup

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,483)
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel is located right on Bourbon St, at the corner of Orleans, which is a GREAT jumping off point for all there is to see in this part of the city, and it's far enough down Bourbon that the vomiting frat boys are not quite as prevalent. The hotel itself is nicely appointed, though in need of some repairs. One of the elevators was broken, and our shower leaked terribly. The service was great, and the room quite nice, though our particular room only had a view of a brick wall. They say the hotel is haunted, but we saw nothing supernatural during our stay. I would certainly stay here again!!

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel is beautiful. Comfortable rooms, and right in the heart of all the action. Walking distance to everything. My husband and I had a great time. We stayed during the week and it saved us $$$, and we still had a fantastic time. Would stay here again in a second!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have stayed at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel previously (November 2012) and loved the hotel, especially the location (in the middle of the French Quarter). We were treated great upon check-in and had a balcony room on the 3rd floor in the corner. The room was very nice; however, even though we were not facing Bourbon, we still had a lot of road noise, etc. The room had french doors onto the balcony and they did not appear to be very insulated. Maybe a higher floor balcony would be more quiet? In any event, we asked to be moved to a courtyard room the second night and we ended up in a beautiful room overlooking the pool. We slept so much better the second night. Additionally, the staff went out of their way as to not inconvenience us; we left our bags with the bell man and the manager called when the new room was ready. We were also given extra free drink coupons for the Bourbon O Bar, part of the hotel. Our rooms came with breakfast and we had several choices. We went with the buffet each morning and it was wonderful. The waiters were very attentive and eager to make sure the experience was pleasant. We had a late flight out on Sunday so we left our bags with the bell man again; they always had a smile and greeted us by name. The only negative comment I have is that Sunday morning many people were checking out so the housekeeping staff congregated in the hall to clean rooms as people left. They had a tendency to talk and you could hear them on occasion. I have been to New Orleans in excess of 40 times (business, personal, weddings, parties, etc.) and this is by far the best hotel in the French Quarter as far as location, staff, amenities, and so forth. I am very picky about cleanliness, comfy beds, customer service, etc. and this hotel goes above and beyond. I would definately stay again.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are quieter!
1 Thank CPAscubagirl
Olympia, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Its a truly beautiful hotel in a central location in the French Quarter. This hotel should be a 4 or 5 but unfortunately I only ranked it a 3 due to our reservations. I booked a room with a King Bed. I knew we wouldn't be in until 11 pm. I made the note when I booked the reservation, and then called the day before to remind them so they wouldn't give away the room. Sure enough. They gave away the room and placed us on the ground floor by the street which was the last room left. We had two double beds which was OK but not what we reserved. The first staff woman we worked with was very surly. It was clear they only had one room left when we arrived. The second staff person in the morning was lovely and easy to work with but there was not much she could do. Still she moved us to a nice room on the 6th floor. It is a lovely hotel, and the location can't be beat, but I only gave it 3 stars because I feel I was very clear about the room. If you can arrive earlier in the day then the hotel would be worth a 5.

Room Tip: Don't arrive late in the evening! We lost our room because we didn't arrive until 11 pm. Ask...
dallas, tx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Okay I booked a standard queen room, but that does mean you should have no view and be located just two doors down from the banquet hall and freight elevator? I was awaken daily at 6am by the clanking of dishes and glasses and moving of tables and chairs by employees. Additonally, a wedding party was planned in the banquest hall just steps away from my room. The manager made little effort to move us for our last night so we had to endure a wedding party and then teardown until 1am! Hardly worth the $800 I dropped for three (3) nights at the Bourbon Orleans. PS - the food was average.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 374garyl
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We truly enjoyed our stay at the Bourbon Orleans!! The staff was very friendly and always had a smile. The hotel was within walking distance of everything we wanted to see and do. Will definitely stay again. Thank you for making our trip such a joy.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends