“The Best Hotel... EVER!!!”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #9 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My husband came to this hotel for my birthday back in home of Nawlins (August 3rd-8th). Was met with friendly valets (Shout-Out to Louis!) and, staff. The check-in was a breeze. Louis was so kind and, wished me a Happy Birthday several times with an oh so sweet "Welcome Home Christy!" (Nawlins is my birthplace). To hear happy birthday was great but, to hear welcome home was so much sweeter.

As I looked around the living room, I was surprised to see (with tears) a bottle of champagne (ice cold in a bucket), 2 champagne glasses, 2 VIP pin, a birthday card and, a birthday note personally signed by the general manger HIMSELF wishing me an happy birthday and, welcoming me home. I cried!!! I have never felt so welcomed at a hotel in my life. I felt so, so, so... I have no words for it. I was overcome by emotions! What an AWESOME beginning to my trip back home. I am so appreciative to Bourbon Orleans for doing that for little oh me. THANK YOU BOH!!

So, with all that said.... The staff was so friendly. Whatever I needed, they served. The food was oh so good. They have the BEST pizza my husband and I have EVER had! Their breakfast food is some of the best I've had! Their mimosas was good too with fruit to make it extra pretty and good.

It was a bit loud outside and, it traveled into our room. The walls in the rooms are a bit thin but, not too much. The front desk sent up ear plugs and, they worked! Remind you, our room was at the corner of Bourbon St. so, the loudness is to be expected. If you bring a fan, you're good to go.

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!! You are a block from Bourbon St., a block from Royal St., St. Louis Cathedral in eyesight and a small walk to Cafe Du Monde. You are in the prime location of everything happening in the French Quarter. Do you need groceries to get you by with your stay? You are a small walk from Rouses on Royal St, to get whatever you need. Great location!

The hotel has a NO SMOKING policy but, if you have a room adjoined with a balcony, you can smoke on the balcony but ONLY if you have a balcony.. You can smoke at the pool area but, that's about the only places you can smoke at BOH. Bring an ashtray if you have a balcony room because BOH does not furnish one. Also, the rooms do have a refrigerator but, none of the rooms have a microwave.

All in all, the staff and valets was friendly. My husband and I felt so welcomed! We will definitely return to BOH in the future. Can't wait!

Bourbon Orleans Hotel, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the hospitality, my birthday cards, notes and champagne! Your staff is A+ and, deserve all the accolades that one gets for a job well done!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

WOW!! What a GREAT review!! I am so thrilled to hear our hotel and staff made your "Homecoming and Birthday Celebration" one that you will remember for a long time to come. As you mentioned, our location is the best in the French Quarter! Located behind the St. Louis Cathedral and Jackson Square and a half block from the excitement of Bourbon Street, you could not ask for a better place to be! I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff and I hope your next visit home will bring you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here 6 nights and had a wonderful time. The rooms were large and very clean. We were 1/2 block from Bourbon St. and heard NO street noise. This hotel is close to everything, no need for a car, ever. The staff was the happiest hotel staff I have ever seen, you can tell that they really enjoy going to work, from the doormen and bell staff, front desk, cleaning and wait staff everyone was pleasant. The Gen. Manager Mark Wilson is friendly, outgoing and open to suggestions on the Hotel. I can't wait to return, I stayed 7-28 thru 8-3
Bonnie

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool are quiet
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank bondoobie

I would like to thank you for writing a wonderful review about your recent stay and I'm so happy you and your husband had a great time. Our location in the heart of the French Quarter makes everything you would want to do during your visit within walking distance from our front door. I will be sure to pass along your compliments about our staff to everyone and thank you for your acknowledgement. We look forward to having you back with us the next time your travels bring you back to New Orleans!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Lovely hotel in a prime location in the French Quarter. There is some history to the hotel, but I am not sure what it is. Look it up if you are into that sort of thing. Besides the history, it is still an old yet modern hotel with good clean rooms, beds, and bathrooms. I wish I would have checked out the pool while I was there, but time was limited.

There is also a bar connected to the hotel that is right off of Bourbon and gets touristy at night. it is still a fun atmosphere to be in.

Tip: If you are in a car, you will have to get it valeted unless you park in a lot on Decatur which is a little walk and might cost more.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies. You might want to ask for that.
1  Thank RovingProfessor

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. As you mentioned, we are located in the heart of the French Quarter making it an ideal location to stroll along the historic streets stopping in the many shops, restaurants and attractions that makes New Orleans a top city to visit. Our newly renovated rooms offer the latest in modern amenities while keeping the "Old World Charm" of our historic hotel. Our beautiful and inviting bar offers the freshest cocktails in town and as our guest you are given a complimentary drink coupon to enjoy at your leisure. We look forward to having you as our guest the next time you visit New Orleans!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

My partner and I vacationed in New Orleans and stayed at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. We were NOT disappointed. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by a very friendly staff. We stayed in a loft room. It was very nice, roomy, and quiet. The breakfast was fantastic, and the wait staff (particularly Mark and Jonas) were fantastic. The hotel is in a perfect location for the French Quarter. Overall, a fantastic stay! We are planning on returning to New Orleans and will most definitely stay at the Bourbon Orleans!

Well done, Bourbon Orleans Hotel!

1  Thank ScotchIndiana

So happy to hear you and your partner had a great visit to New Orleans and were pleased with our hotel. A Balcony Loft Suite provides our guests with a Bird's Eye View of the Sights and Sounds of the French Quarter, an experience that everyone should have at least once. I appreciate the nice compliments regarding our staff and will be sure to pass along your sentiments to the two outstanding associates you mentioned. So happy to hear we are your hotel choice when traveling to New Orleans and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 8 August 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was bright and clean. The air conditioner was cold, which was good since the heat index was over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. I will definitely stay there again when I go back to New Orleans.

Room Tip: Some of the first floor rooms have a door that opens out to the pool area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for visiting New Orleans for Satchmo Fest and for choosing our hotel as your choice to stay with so many hotel options available. Our newly renovated rooms offer modern amenities while keeping the "Old World Charm" making our hotel unique and a favorite among travelers to the French Quarter. We look forward to having you back again next year for the Festival and whenever your travels bring you to New Orleans!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

A friend booked this hotel and while it is a bit more expensive than I thought, the location is awesome. Its not even 1 block to Bourbon Street and is very central in the French Quarter. Its quiet and the staff are helpful. The rooms are big and everything works. Also just a few blocks from the Mississippi where a lot of the day tours start. Also close to lots of good restaturants to try out all of the local specialities.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deb B

It's great to hear you had a wonderful stay at our hotel and thanks for writing a wonderful review! With our location just steps away from Jackson Square, St. Louis Cathedral and the Excitement of World Famous Bourbon Street, you are in the 'pulsating' heart of everything that makes New Orleans and this area so special! We look forward to having you back as our guest when your travels bring your back to the Big Easy!!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Central French Quarter location is a huge plus. The hotel was a well oiled machine, from check-in to check-out everything worked seamlessly. The staff was uniformly pleasant and helpful, we certainly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TerryT705

Thanks for being a guest at our hotel and I'm pleased to hear your stay was enjoyable and everything was as you expected. Our staff is friendly and helpful and will do their very best to make your visit memorable. We look forward to having you back with us when your travels bring you back to New Orleans!