“Awesome Honeymoon!!”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #9 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I have been to New Orleans over 10 times, but I have to say The Bourbon Orleans is my favorite so fair. The staff was excellent! We were in New Orleans celebrating our honeymoon and the hotel room was perfect!! thanks so much, WE WILL BE BACK!!!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My wife and I were very pleased with the hotel in general. The rooms were comfortable and very clean, the staff was amazingly friendly, and the food was good. However there were a couple of significant downsides. 1) We had reserved and confirmed a Traditional King room. When we checked in they informed us that they had overbooked the hotel and could only provide us a queen room. I pushed back hard as it was my wife and I traveling, so they swapped our room with another person (single individual) from our group, who also had not checked in, giving us the king room and giving him the queen room. It's interesting that they did not have a king room available for us, but were able to swap with another individual that also had not checked in? 2) Our room was on the 2nd floor, at the corner of St. Ann and Bourbon Streets (no balcony). There was an extremely noisy bar directly across the street, which provided for appalling sleep quality, as they played loud music until 4 or 5 in the morning. Then about 6AM, the garbage trucks began picking up the trash, making more noise. I barely slept the first night. I wore ear plugs the 2nd and third nights, but still had fitful sleep. My wife slept terribly throughout the visit. Those in our group that had inside (courtyard) rooms, were very pleased with how quiet their rooms were. So my final message would be to book an inside room, and hope they don't overbook and place you in an outside room.

Room Tip: Request inside rooms, or rooms as high up as possible. Outside rooms on lower floors are extremely...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dallen0454
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Wow. That's all I can say. We have been traveling right through the US the past 4 weeks and this was by far my favorite property. The room (balcony king suite) was wonderful, the reception staff were extremely approachable and helpful and the location is spot on.

I would give this hotel 5 stars but seeing as we had a balcony we also got free of charge the noise of bourbon street, so the sleep quality was appalling. We only paid for a standard king and were upgraded, so it was a good but bad upgrade. We weren't even on bourbon st but still got the noise. Wear factory standard ear plugs and you'll sleep fine.

Disappointing but what can you do, it's bourbon st. after all. This aside it was a great stay, gorgeous hotel and amazing location. Request a room away from the strip, even better, ask for a room overlooking the courtyard pool, its gorgeous.

Room Tip: Room 335, quite a walk from the elevator, so try for a lower room number and all the rooms on this s...
1  Thank RPK89
Reviewed 13 October 2013

If you're looking for a quaint quiet hotel in the heart of the French Quarter look no further. The service was impeccable and personable at all levels of staff. Fantastic bloody Mary's on Sunday in the foyer. Staff always greeted you with a smile, hotel was clean, and the pool was lovely. The only downsides were the business group took their smoking break in the pool area and although the sheets were fantastic I wasn't a fan of the plastic waterproof lined mattress cover. Carrie at the Bourbon O bar was an amazingly adorable mixologist - her mint julep and Pimm's cup should not be missed. Roger II and all the bellmen are charming southern gentlemen.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2013

LOVED the hotel and it's location, but we had a room on the 5th floor overlooking Ann St and close to Bourbon St. The balcony door did not seal very well. The party went on til 4 or 5 AM. We loved the balcony view and the area is very fun. The price was high, but we did use the Crescent City package which included two nice tours and certificates for Cafe du Monde. The only real negative is the parking. We had to use valet and is what like $42 per night with tax. We stayed three nights, so we had a $126 parking bill. I would rather have spent that money on Bourbon street.

Room Tip: Take ear plugs
2  Thank Bruce R
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay here. We loved it both times! The staff is always helpful and attentive. The rooms are clean and individually temperature controlled. The only complaint...the housekeeper kept turning our a/c warmer so we'd get back to the room being warm but it quickly cooled down. We also really enjoyed the bar connected to the hotel. Bouron 'O' (I think...) Ask for Len. He's an amazing mixologist! They are very lucky to have him. A year ago we had 1 drink them bolted but this year Len kept us entertained with freah drink ideas! Overall a great stay!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

This was my first time in New Orleans and I couldn't have chosen a better hotel. The right on the conner of Bourbon and Orleans Street. In the middle of everything without the noise. The room was clean, very big as it was a loft suite. My only down side was the we did not reserve a loft with a balcony and had a veiw of an alley. There said it was St.Anns St., but room 447 is view is inbetween buildings on St. Anns St. So view of an alley. I was there fir my anniversary and it was very nice of the hotel to send us a bottle of champane when I asked foe another room but they didn't have any other room. The breakfast at Roux was very good. The staff was friendly and helpful. Housekeeping could pay a little more attention to detail. Like the waste full of empty bottle that was under the cabient when we first got in the room from the previous guest that wasn't emptied until 3 day later. Thats why I rated housekeeping a 4. I wipe down everything when I get ina room and when I did with this room there wasn't really any grime on the wetones. Overall the hitel if really nice and everyone was friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: September 2013