“Felt at home immediately”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #8 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The hotel is located right bang in the middle of the french quarter, it is a beautifully renovated building decorated with style and taste. It is on a corner of Bourbon street with the main entrance on a side road. The minute I entered in the room, I heard some jazz playing, I think left on purpose to get you into the mood. If not it was a great and unique experience to walk into a room and get greeted by music. The room was beautifull, very comfortable and clean and again tastefully done. White french shuttters on the windows, teas and coffee provided with all amenities. The hotel has a small gym but fit for purpose if you want to run on a treadmill and do some weights. The best asset of this hotel however is the people working there. They are the most friendly members of staff I have ever encountered, always with a smile and happy to help even when a huge conference is in town and they are at their most busy. It is a bit of a treck (20 minute walk or $10 taxi ride) to the convention center but it is so much better to stay in such a hotel rather than the box standard hotels you can find around there.

I would definitely go back and recomend it to friends.

Room Tip: If you want a quite room you may want to have a room that does not face Burbon street
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank brandychocolate
Write a ReviewReviews (6,628)

Reviewed 25 December 2013

For the second year, my family attended Brunch with Santa at the Bourbon Orleans. The food was delicious, the entertainment was perfect for children and adults and Santa and Mrs. Claus were the best I've ever met. We've decided to make this a tradition
in our family and have also included friends in our celebration. We cherish the memories we've made thus far and look forward to making many more in the years to come.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Was at the Bourbon for 3 nights to celebrate my 60th birthday. WOW !!! Loved this hotel. Our room had a balcony and was super nice and up to date. Within walking distance to all popular spots (St-Louis Cathedral, Café du Monde, restaurants ....).

The lobby of the hotel is grandiose, well decorated for Christmas, so welcoming. In the lobby, they always have a table with free aromatic water that is just ice cold and so refreshing.

What make this hotel so different from others ... it is the quality of the people working there, they make you feel so special and welcome.

Thank you everyone at the Bourbon for making this special trip and unforgettable one.

I will return for sure. So many things to see and so many restaurants to try.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Renee L L
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights. Love the hotel! Location is ideal, 1/2 block from cathedral St Louis. Near Bourbon St, but your don't get all the noise. Royal St., my fav for strolling is at the corner. The room was nice, though mine was small, but had a balcony overlooking the pool. Great for a smoke, thought the rooms are of course non smoking. BTW, the pool is heated! The staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel has a nice lobby, a bar(on the expensive side) and a restaurant. Weekend breakfast buffet was very good...$18.00. The only down side, for me, the mattress was too hard.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This is one of my favorites if not my favorite hotel in New Orleans. It's very clean and up to date. I've never had any experience with a ghost! :-) When you walk out the hotel door take a right, walk a few feet and you are on Bourbon! The St. Louis Cathedral is the opposite direction just a few feet. It was decorated just beautifully at Christmas. Hotel staff has always been so friendly as well. I will be staying there again!

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, you may not want to stay on the Bourbon side. I could hear out my window even...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The location is perfect, just down the street from touchdown jesus.
Our room was on the 7th floor and overlooked Bourbon Street, I guess we were high up enough not to be bothered by the noise below.
Check in was great, the girl who checked us in was very nice, and very accommodating.

The room was very nice, great beds, nice TV (I wish we had a few more channels) and lots of pillows.
It was a bit scary reading the haunting flyer and seeing that several of the hotels ghosts were on our floor.
Thankfully I saw nothing.

The only criticism I have about the hotel was that my room key expired twice during the week I was there.
And you needed to put your card in the elevator to go anywhere.
A hotel as nice as this should not have such a minor league problem.

But the place gets high marks from me.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I loved this hotel so much. It was gorgeous, with an amazing history and current staff to match. Anytime that I return to New Orleans, I will stay here. Easy access to Bourbon Street without being immediately on it, but also easy access to Canal Street shopping, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a haunted room! :)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends