“Big 50 Party”

Ranked #10 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Carriere, Mississippi
“Big 50 Party”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The Bourbon Orleans was a wonderful choice for my sister's Big 50 Birthday Party. It was a rainy day. We booked the Bourbon Balcony suite and decorated it with birthday items. We brought our own snacks and drinks for the celebration. The room gave us plenty of room for everyone plus we had the balcony to walk out on to see what was happening on Bourbon. My sister enjoyed throwing beads to people on Bourbon. Great location and the staff at the hotel was very nice. My sister said that it is a Birthday she will always remember. For me it was the most cost effective way to let my sister enjoy a balcony on Bourbon and provide a place to stay (plenty of room for air beds too).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,512)
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Our room was directly on Bourbon Street, but the hotel is so well insulated that almost no noise came through to the room. The location cannot be beat. The hotel and room were very clean and well maintained. The beds are comfortable. Staff was nice and efficient.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PalmSpringsPeter
Dexter
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The Bourbon Orleans is our hotel of choice when visiting New Orleans; especially when visiting during the Christmas season! The location is perfect! The rooms are very comfy and beautifully decorated! One area of improvement would be the deep cleaning of the bathroom, as it was somewhat lacking in cleanliness. The majority of the staff are quite friendly and knowledgeable. We ate breakfast in the on site restaurant three days and had wonderful service and delicious food. All in all, our stay was terrific! (Already planning a girls trip for this summer!)

Room Tip: Our last two visits we've stayed on the sixth floor...the rooms seem to be quieter on this floor...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed in early Dec for a long weekend w/a Saints game. Hotel is in the perfect location. On Bourbon street, 1 block north of Jackson square. 5 minute walk to anywhere in the French Quarter. We enjoyed the French Market, and Cafe Du Mond after Sunday mass, all within 1/2 mile of hotel. We had an interior room overlooking the pool. Extremely quiet. Room was in like-new condition. If returing, we would definitely put this at the top of our list.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed at 3 different hotels in New Orleans this weekend, all from the New Orleans Hotel Collection (coincidence). The Bourbon Orleans is in the middle of the bunch, if were I to stack rank them.

Similar to the other Collection Hotels that I tried (Dauphine and Le Marais), the linens on the bed were quality, as was the bed itself, and the towels were fresh. But man, oh man, did I wish the bathroom had been deep cleaned. Specifically, the hardware in the bath needed a scrubbing, and the baseboards needed to be cleaned. It doesn't help that the bath walls are painted red, with black tile and counters, so every bit of lint, toothpaste spray, hairspray residue, etc. shows up. This lack of attention to detail is a bummer to me... if it takes me 5 minutes to clean at home, why can't a hotel maintain sparkling bathroom surfaces when they have daily housekeeping?

Otherwise I will share that the location was great, check in was easy, front desk staff was nice. I had to use the staff elevator to get to my room, and the elevator was quite slow. Not a big deal in the realm of things. The room was small, but quiet which is way more important to me. It was a good night sleep and I liked having an ipod docking station to listen to music.

I think this hotel is a good value if you catch a promotion. I wouldn't feel good about paying the rack rate based on the misses with housekeeping (just my 2-cents).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MelissaBinNYC
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for being a recent guest of our hotel during the Christmas Holidays and for taking the time to write about your experience.
I am happy that you found our location in the Heart of the French Quarter up to your expectations but my concern is the comment about the cleanliness of your bathroom. Our Housekeeping Staff prides itself on prompt service and cleanliness so the issues you mentioned are something I will certainly look into and ensure that this will not occur in the future. When we receive feedback such as yours, we take it very seriously, as it allows us to evaluate our service and processes when the standards of our hotel have not been upheld.
I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you further about this situation. Please feel free to contact me at 504-571-4600 or email me at mark.wilson@bourbonorleans.com.
Wishing you a Happy New Year and look forward to having you back as our guest in the future!
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We loved staying at the Bourbon Orleans. The location was perfect - right between St. Louis Cathedral and Bourbon St with tons of amazing restaurants within a 5 minute walk. The staff was super friendly. The lobby was decorated beautifully for the holidays and my kids loved the hot cocoa and cider in the afternoons. Everything was perfect and the price seemed very reasonable.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 December 2013

2nd stay during the Christmas holidays for my husband and me. This hotel is the MOST convenient in the Quarter for anything one would want to do....from eating at an array of good restaurants to shopping to attending a concert or Mass at the Cathedral. Our only regret is we didn't start staying here years ago. We've been visiting NOLA for years...have "done" Mardi Gras for 20 years, so we've stayed at many hotels. Super staff. Again this year we found everyone to be helpful and courteous. All questions were quickly answered, taxis secured, baggage handled, room kept spotless, etc. Kudos to Caleb and all of the other staff.

Room Tip: We requested the same room we had last year--one overlooking the pool--kept the shutters open and en...