7,536 results
All reviews loft suite great location french quarter jackson square louis cathedral beautiful hotel hotel bar cafe du royal street loved this hotel valet parking street noise mardi gras roux balcony nola action
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Having read the other reviews, I was excited about this hotel but it did not live up to my expectations. While the location is really good and convenient, the hotel feels a bit rundown, the rooms are quite small, and the service rather unfriendly. For example, when I asked the reception for recommendations about what to see, they just pushed a city map in my direction and said all the attractions were marked on the map. I expected better customer service from a boutique hotel...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Isil D
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for being a recent guest at our Historic Hotel. We recently had a multi-million renovation to all our guest rooms and upgraded the guest room amenities we offer so your comments concern me. We pride ourselves on providing the very best in service and hospitality so the experience you mentioned with our front office staff member is certainly not our standard. If you would like to contact me to discuss your experience please email me at mark.wilson@bourbonorleans.com. I look forward to having you back as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We traveled to New Orleans for a Saints Football Game and stayed at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. There was an Ophthalmology conference in town that weekend so hotels were scare.

The Good - Building is extremely nice, we had a two story suite that was out of this world. The Hotel staff is very friendly. Everyone greeted you with an honest smile and I think the housekeeping staff are some of the nicest people you will meet.

The Location is great - you are near everything in the French Quarter. But If you get a room near Bourbon Street, it is noisy. I am a very light sleeper. Our room was on St Ann's street, but close enough to Bourbon that you not only get the street noise at night, but starting at 4am you get the trash trucks and the street cleaners. Plus our room was across the street from a 2nd floor Dance Bar also with a balcony.

Would we go back. If we could get a room far enough away from Bourbon - YES. The two story suite is very comfortable. Also the Bloody Mary's they were selling in the lobby were quite good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hugh W
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is an ideal hotel to stay at as it's right in the French Quarter and you can go everywhere on foot. The room was spacious and clean, nice big bathroom, too. The only problem with the room was the safe. It is low down on a side wall of the closet, there is no light, and you have to perform acrobatic contortions to use it. Not so easy if you're not an athletic thirty any more! We had one meal at the hotel and were served very courteously by Rica. There is, however, no wine list and this is a must for a good restaurant. We had a couple of drinks in the good hotel bar to wind down after a long day of walking around New Orleans. Also ideal for a night-cap after an evening of music. Valet parking available, expensive, but practical.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor can be noisy - returning revelers and the bar!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is a beautiful hotel, between Bourbon Street and royal Street. You are within walking distance of all the major attractions of the French Quarter. The staff is helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and charming. if you like a hotel with a little history and you like getting around without having to hail cabs, this one is for you!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nerak1948
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Hi all, this Hotel my wife found was an exceptional find! Rooms are impeccable. They are freshly painted and all furnishings in the rooms are new.
We did not eat at the hotel, but the dinning area looked very nice.
Everything was ready for us. We did not swim in the pool because it was very cold when we where there, but it is heated and it is beautiful.
Located just 2 small blocks directly in back of the iconic church, you cannot go wrong with this location. You can't get lost, because if you can see the church, you can get to the hotel.
I would recommend this hotel for any family or business outing.
The entry foyer is immense and was decorated nicely for Christmas.

Room Tip: we had a room with a balcony looking in the courtyard which was a nice touch. I caution that there are only a few rooms like this, so ask if you could locate in one of these. You WILL NOT BE SORRY!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple