“Exquisite property in the french quarter”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #9 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Excellent service, amenities and accommodations. We booked through hotel tonight and everything was as expected and beyond. We were treated to a complimentary drink at the hotel bar. The room was delightful and had a view of their lighted pool and mezzanine area. The service was impeccable. We had a delightful time. I would highly recommend the hotel, and we will be returning soon.

Room Tip: Every room is a bit different. Let them know what you are looking for. The staff is excellent about...
1  Thank Kimberly H
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience here at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. In room dining can be relaxing and I have shared with our executive chef your nice comments regarding your dish. Thank you for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Bourbon Orleans Hotel

Reviewed 21 February 2014

This Hotel has it all, Great Price & Great Location, Very Clean and the staff is friendly. We couldn't say anything bad at all about this excellent hotel. The hotel has a wonderful bar with live entertainment. The lobby has free fresh cold fruit flavor water at all times. The Lobby also has on Sundays the "Best "Bloody Marie" cocktail in town. The restaurant was very clean and food was good. Next time we visit Bourbon Street we will definitely stay here again,

Room Tip: If you don't want the noise of bourbon street at night ask for a room facing the pool area,
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Coach-B-2014

Thank you for your nice comments regarding the friendliness and cleanliness of our hotel. These are important areas for us as we welcome visitors from around the world. The Bloody Mary bar on Sunday’s tends to help our Saturday revelers “recover”. Come back and see us again soon

Reviewed 20 February 2014

The hotel is in nice shape overall and in a great location in the French quarter. The staff is friendly and professional and everything goes well as long as there are no issues. We had our room wifi service not work for about 24 hours, as well as an item go missing from our room. In each instance after we reported the problem, we were told the manager would get back with us. In reality we had to call back 3 to 4 times for each issue to finally get a resolution, were never pro-actively called back. Regarding the internet, were eventually told to call the service provider, where I had to wait over 30 minutes on hold before it was resolved. The hotel eventually credited our bill for the missing item, calling it an "over cleaning" issue but the overall lack of responsiveness to our initial report as well as having to pursue a resolution with the hotel left something to be desired.

The hotel restaurant looked nice however never saw more than one or two tables full at dinner. The bar is nice but you need to order at the bar and get your own drinks which is not real convenient. The pool area looks like it would be really nice when it is warm enough to use.

1  Thank john m
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I really enjoyed the room, which was rather on the small side by American standards, but very well appointed--there was a place for everything. I had a nice view out my window, which had lovely plantation shutters. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room service food was excellent! I'm not much for shellfish, so I went for the roasted chicken which was cooked to perfection. Delicious. Good coffee in the room. I usually drink it black, but recommend the cream and sugar version. Perfect. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014

It would have been hard to imagine a more central hotel for a visit to the French Quarter. Practically step in any direction and out the door and you are in right on a major attraction. The lobby was beautiful as well as comfortable, and the staff was great. Forgot your toothbrush? No problem. Need more towels? No problem.

Being where it is, though, expect if you have a room above Bourbon Street to get a lot of noise almost the entire night. Also, depending on the crowd staying there at the same time, expect some noise INSIDE at night. Lots of people coming and going at odd hours. Then again, that might be fine unless you're there for business (in which case, poor you).

But the rooms are clean, the hotel is kept up well, they don't nickel and dime you (free internet! free bottles of water!), and the pool courtyard was lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room when you book. Be aware that they may not give it to you, especially if you boo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your staying with us at the Bourbon Orleans. We always strive to ensure all details are addressed consistently and I appreciate your note. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

What a charming hotel. We hadn't planned on visiting New Orleans, but after flight issues we decided to try it out. On a whim we chose this hotel without much thought and I'm pleased that we did.
I was extremely impressed with the friendliness of ALL the hotel employees; what a nice change for once.
The lobby and whole hotel itself as well as the room was immaculate!
We got a corner room and it was huge with views of two different streets. The pool was quaint and lovely but we did not use it.
The location was just perfect as well. We did not know it was the kickoff to Mardi Gras, and the knowledgable front desk staff directed us to a Little Rascals parade in Metairie which was fairly easy to get to and the kids loved it! Thank You for that information!
Our children asked us if we were rich while we stayed at the hotel because it was so beautiful and my husband and I just chuckled.
I would definitely return to this elegant, lovely, charming hotel should I ever get the pleasure of visiting New Orleans again.
Thank you all at the hotel for your hospitality and wonderful smiles.

Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Bourbon Orleans. I was delighted that your children felt special here as we always strive to ensure all of our guests feel like royalty. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during the NBA All Star Weekend. What a great time we had in New Orleans. It was myself and my two boys and a group of 10 others. We had a blast on Bourbon Street, loved the food and the Hotel met all expectations.

I do have only one complaint and that was from one of the female bar tenders at the hotel. She became very rude, obnoxious and un professional to our group when we asked if she remembered a beer we had ordered. She started getting all cocky and stating that she was taking care of the 2 ladies at the end of the bar who had ordered hot totties. Really? how bout you get the beer and then make the drinks that took her 10 minutes to make. We ordered the beer before the 2 ladies ordered their drinks. Uncalled for is all I can say. I would also say that this is reason for me to not stay at this hotel again.

Will definitely come back to NO but not to this hotel. Your employees are what make hotels great. This one put a horrible taste in my mouth and I shall not return. By the way, she was the only person in NO that was rude in any way. The people of NO are very friendly and happy to have us in their city. Thanks so much for the hospitality NO.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

I was delighted to read you and your two sons had a great experience in New Orleans during the NBA All Star game. Please accept my sincere apology for the service you experienced in the bar. I have followed up on this matter personally. Please contact me directly when planning your next New Orleans visit so I can personally make your arrangements.