“The case of the missing car”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #7 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Other than the valet not being able to find our car upon checkout Sunday, everything was great during our recent stay. We stayed the entire weekend of French Quarter Festival so the noise level coming off of Bourbon Street in our balcony suite was to be expected. So, be prepared for a long noisy night if you choose one of those awesome rooms. As far as the valet problem, they eventually found it after a short-but-tense few moments. You really can't beat the location.

Room Tip: Bourbon Street rooms - loud as I said above. Inside (pool facing) rooms - much better choice if you...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Isufan6969,

Thank you for staying with us for French Quarter Fest last weekend. Our location is perfect to really enjoy all of the Jackson Square activities. Although your car want missing for a time I am certainly relieved it was located and that all ended well. Please let all your friends and family in Morgan City know we are ready to welcome them to the French Quarter!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,533)

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was really excited to see what everyone was talking about regarding this precious little gem hidden in the French Quarter very close to St Ann & Orleans Street. I reached the Louis Armstrong International Airport close to 2205hrs, collected my travel luggage and took a cab on the way out. Luckily for me, I didn't had to pay much as I went along with 2 others all the way from the U.K and it turned out, we were both in the city for WrestleMania !

So anyway, as soon as I reached the hotel, I was greeted warmly & the staff were super-friendly as hell I felt like I was coming home. Checked in at the front desk where I was met with a very young beautiful white girl who told me everything about the city & the hotel policies and what not. I got Room 644 and it was what I requested when I made the booking via Expedia. Very spacious with plenty of room to move around, clean toilet with excellent marble flooring, LCD HDTV, a table desk, complimentary bottled water & tea/coffee and lastly, a King size bed just like I asked for ! Amazing. Not a single negative thing I can say about the room. Bed was comfortable, sheets were changed daily & the housekeeping staff did a fantastic job of keeping the room clean at all times.

The hotel was also very close to major city attractions like Bourbon Street which is literally a stone's throw away & especially, the Mercedes-Benz SuperDome where WrestleMania 30 was held. It's a 20 - 25 mins walk. No biggie ! It's the same walking distance from the hotel to the Convention Center as well where I went to and shopped at the WWE WrestleMania Superstore. Loved it. Also, Rouses's Supermarket is nearby too just beside Orleans Street right at the end. The only thing I hated was I didn't get to do much while I was here like go on tours and such. But no worries, I'll be able to do that next time I come here ! Stayed for 5 nights and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Best One yet ! :)

Room Tip: If you want a good room with minimal noise, ask for an interior room facing the courtyard or the swi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Steven W,

We are delighted that you came all the way from Singapore to enjoy Wrestlemania, what an event! Thank you for your nice comments regarding our staff and hotel. Although your schedule did not allow time to enjoy many tourism activities we hope when you come back you will let us know in advance and we will arrange for you a wonderful itinerary of activities. Safe travels!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Our family came to New Orleans for Spring Break and this was a perfect location. The Bell boys out front were always smiling and saying hello. They made us feel very welcome. The staff was great and our rooms were clean and very comfortable. The friendliness of the housekeeping staff was very much appreciated and they made sure we had everything we needed. There was a lot of noise at night, the garbage trucks especially, but it added to the excitement of New Orleans and there was nothing the hotel could of done. We had a wonderful couple of days.

Great Stay and Perfect location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Shecky07,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Bourbon Orleans for Spring Break! We are delighted you enjoyed our friendly staff and unique location. Let all your friend and family in Michigan know we are ready to welcome then to our “French Quarter Treasure”.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This hotel is all it says it is... and more! The location was perfect, from the moment we got out of the cab we were treated incredible! Alan at the door was very helpful the whole trip, as was everyone at the front desk. And make sure you get some drinks from Stephen in the bar, he's awesome! My wife and I felt like we were all friends with him by the time we left.

The room (courtyard) was perfect! A lot more space than places we've stayed in the Quarter in the past. Flat screen TV, huge bathroom, and great bed.

We didn't use the pool due to time constraints, but we definitely will next time we stay here. Same with the haunted tour, just too much to do, but we'll check this out next time as well.

When they say on Bourbon, they mean it, the backdoor to the bar plops you right on it. not even a 5 minute walk to Cafe Du Monde, Jackson Square, and maybe 10 minutes to the French Market.

typing all of this makes me want to go back now!

Had a great time at this hotel, and again, we will be staying here again!

Room Tip: If you want a good night sleep request a courtyard room, we heard the street rooms were very loud un...

Dear Ericarrie,

Thank you for staying with us and for the very nice comments regarding Allen and Stephen. Allen is a student studying hospitality and tourism and we are very proud of his accomplishments. Stephen won Bartender of the Year for New Orleans magazine and he is a true French Quarter Treasure! Please come on back and see us soon………the pool is ready for you to give it a try!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

MY wife and I stayed at the Bourbon Orleans for a few days of food and fun. The service was great. From the helpfulness of the bellmen to the friendliness of the housekeeping team, the staff was friendly and engaged. They wanted us here. The hotel is central to walking anywhere in the quarter. The Bourbon O bar is a hidden gem. Steven may be the best bartender ever! We will be back.

Dear Robert H,

We were delighted to welcome you back to the Bourbon Orleans Hotel! We appreciate your patronage and will be in touch to discuss your next trip. Thank you for your nice comments regarding our engaged staff. We are always stressing authentic and friendly service with our associates. Steven looks forward to pouring you a favorite libation in September!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is a wonderful hotel with a professional, make-you-feel-at-home staff. It has perfect location, (we only used a taxi to get to the airport). You can enjoy Bourbon St craziness and in a few minutes be in your room. Amazingly quiet, an oasis. The hotel is currently sprucing up and looks even better than when we were here six months ago. The hotel has a bar where they make the best drinks in town, fresh ingredients hand mixed. I've got to warn you: this hotel and its staff will spoil you!! You'll be using it as the benchmark for all other hotels. Don't waste your time looking at other hotels, stay here but book early, word is getting out.

Room Tip: King bed rooms are larger.

Dear 24601JB,

Thank you for your nice comments regarding our property. We agree with you and like to think of the Bourbon Orleans Hotel as an “Oasis in a sea of celebration”. Come on back soon…….we look forward to spoiling you some more!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

This hotel is an excellent choice for both business and leisure travellers. I have stayed at this property twice in the last month, and really cannot find a single fault with it. Everybody is helpful, professional, and accommodating, and one is made to feel like a special guest at all times. Although I originally came on business, and I must add that our company's business meeting was held here and was a superb success, I will now always stay here when in town with friends. A gem of a property, with fantastic staff that handles anything and everything. Business or leisure, make this your choice when in NOLA!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear HowardSMichigan,

Thank you for staying with us twice in the last month. We are delighted that you felt special here at all times, because you are special to us. Creating wonderful guest memories is a goal of all Bourbon Orleans Associates. Hope to see you again soon!