“Small Room.”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #8 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We arrived on Tuesday 6/24 at 12pm and where checked into room #144 . I very small room but comfortable to start the A/C broken that got fixed. Our room had good location ,facing the courtyard and the pool only problem the exit door to the pool was right next to us so every time somebody went out it banged. The next day housekeeping never cleaned our room until 3 pm and we ran out of toilet paper and complained to front desk. The restaurant and bar are alright nothing would return to . Now the hotel front desk is very responses to your needs and did help a lot . But this hotel is not a 4 star maybe 3 at most don't expect more. Would I return possible not. Just my honest two cents.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear DRman,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. As a French Quarter hotel we have many different room sizes ranging from French Quarter Queens to Balcony Loft Suites. I hope you will contact my office when planning a future visit and we will ensure your accommodation is larger and more tranquil. Thank you again for staying with us in June.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was overwhelmed with how courteous the entire staff was at this hotel. We stayed here a few nights before going on a cruise. Upon returning, we had 4 hours before catching our flight. The bellman remembered us (a week later) and was kind enough to store our luggage until we had to go to the airport. It is a beautiful hotel and ideal location. I would return without hesitation. I miss it just writing this review.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah C

Dear Sarah C,

Thank you for staying with us for a pre cruise getaway. I am delighted my staff remembered you and stored your luggage on the return trip. We are proud of our personal and authentic service and appreciate your feedback. Please let all your family and friends in Nashville know we are here for them!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We booked this hotel from a discount website for less than half the rate advertised on the hotel's website. Our tiny by US standards room was at the back of the hotel,faced a brick wall and was accessed via the service elevator with no bath BUT it was so quiet. The hotel is a half block from all the noise and partying on Bourbon street in one direction and a half block from the delightful Royal Street in the other. The hotel pool is a beautiful oasis in the middle of the hotel and is both quiet and was not very busy at any time we went there during our three day stay. I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you want fantastic value and room size doesn't matter, then book a cheap room from one of the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Melbourneleapy,

Thank you for your nice comments about our property. We certainly appreciate you staying with us. We like to think of the entire hotel as an “Oasis in a Sea of Celebration”. Come back and see us again!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I liked this hotel, with some smaller issues that I will mention below. This is the famous and historic hotel in New Orleans, and it is a pleasure to stay in this place. I know you will also not regret choosing this hotel for your stay in this brilliant and fun city. And, yes… this hotel is in the right part of town, perfect if you want to explore the French Quarter… and relax (or not) on Bourbon Street..

POSITIVE POINTS:
LOCATION!
WOW… You cannot ask for anything better than this. Right on Bourbon street, in the center of the action, with dozens of bars and restaurants within walking distance.

About this hotel, I like the historic building. It truly gives you a feel of living in the past, but with ALL the modern conveniences that you need for a comfortable stay. The staff is really helpful, and do their best to sort you out with anything that you need.

The “Bourbon O Bar”, on the ground level of the hotel is great. The bartender is an award winning expert on mixing and inventing drinks. Very pleasant guy, selling you drinks and mixing up some fantastic unique cocktails. It is a peaceful place, and with so much competition around; this bar does a nice job of keeping a relaxing atmosphere. If you are looking for more action and loud music, just walk a few seconds, and you will find anything you fancy.

A nice touch is the free coffee in the morning, and then during the warm afternoon, you can grab a complementary Ice Tea. I know it is not much… but it adds to the feeling of being welcome.

The room is decorated according to the feel of the hotel, and though small… it was comfortable. I must also commend the cleaning staff, since the hotel is spotless in every area.

The pool area and courtyard is fantastic also. This is where you can feel the touch of the past.

Lastly, on this point, I think that the price is fair. Management has done a good job of not overcharging. Not cheap… not expensive… JUST RIGHT.

NEGATIVE POINTS:
I stayed in room 555. I must say that the despite being comfortable for a 2 day stay… the room is really, really small. For two days… on business… it is OK, but if you stay for more than that, make sure you ask for a decent sized room. This room (555)… I stress… it was TINY.

The bathroom is small as well, and yes… amenities are limited, in my opinion.

Parking is ridiculously overpriced… and in peak hours, the service (although very friendly), takes a long time.

Lastly, I would like to mention that my friend stayed in the front of the hotel. Was rather unhappy, since the noise of the people on the streets did not let him have a peaceful rest. So, all in all… I could consider that I was lucky stuck in the back of the hotel, because it was peaceful… but again… TINY.

SUMMING UP:
Yes, I do recommend this hotel… and yes, I will come back definitely. However, I will make sure that I ask for a more decent sized room, since that was the main disappointment to me.

By the way… they say that this hotel is "haunted" 
Sorry to report… didn’t see a single ghost. Maybe it was because they would also prefer the larger rooms

Room Tip: Try making sure you do not stay in the TINY rooms. Ask reception for a decent sized room.
3  Thank Trave1Bandit

Dear Travelbandit,

Thank you for coming all the way from Portugal to visit us in the French Quarter. We certainly appreciate your detailed outline of your experiences. I will say that our ghosts have been seen in smaller rooms too!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Very nice older hotel. Comfy rooms/beds. So close to Bourbon street and great area to people watch. Staff is excellent.
I like that is a very safe hotel. You have to have your room key for elevators to go to respective floors.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing pool area - otherwise you may be looking at a wall (next building)

Dear Cheryl S,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. Yes, we are a very secure location in the heart of the FQ. Please tell all your family and friends in Florida that New Orleans looks forward to seeing them!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Great location just behind the Cathedral and Jackson Square in the Quarter. Excellent service, adequate sized room. Had some trouble with the wifi connection and they responded promptly. With the TripAdvisor complimentary breakfast (which is very good), this is an excellent value. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear GWalker 555,

Thank you for staying with us at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. Please let all your family and friends in Tampa know we are ready to welcome them to the French Quarter!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Don't stay in New Orleans at one of those impersonal brand name hotels on the edge of the quarter. The Bourbon Orleans is located close to the action on Bourbon Street and close to many romantic restaurants near Jackson square. The staff is always friendly and they really make you feel at home! I stay here frequently on my trips to New Orleans and I always think of Cheers "Where everybody knows your name"!!

Make sure you check out the "Bourbon O" hotel bar! It's really a classy spot! Ask for Sherrill or Steven as your bartender.

Room Tip: They have a limited number of balcony suites (2 story) on the 3rd floor and smaller balcony rooms on...

Dear Sleepyue,

We love the comparison to Cheers “Where everyone knows your name”. We try to use our guest’s names often as we deliver very personalized service. Thank you for your nice comments regarding Steven and Cheryl in the Bourbon O Bar. Let all your friends and family in Atlanta know we are here for them!