“Great location, great drinks”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #8 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great location right in the middle of the Quarter, but set back enough from Bourbon to not be too noisy. Wonderful bar focused on the art of cocktails - "mixologist" Becca June really knows her stuff.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear David C,

Thank you for staying with us and for your nice comments about Becca in the Bar. The Bourbon O Bar is unique on Bourbon Street as a craft cocktail bar with class. Come back and see us again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,379)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Thanks to tripadvisor we chose the Bourbon Orleans for our anniversary trip to New Orleans. Very friendly & accommodating staff; from the front desk, to the maids, bellmen & valets. Room was clean & well decorated, although a little cramped. Nice bath, loved the walk-in shower & lighted makeup mirror. But our favorite was the Bourbon O bar. Cheryl, Becca June & the rest of the bar staff were delightful. We didn't spend too much time wandering Bourbon Street at night. It's very loud & so many drunks! We did our exploring during the day and spent our evenings at The Bourbon O. A bar for grown-ups -not old folks -but people who enjoy a friendly, personable & skilled staff, talented piano player & a lady with a great voice. Very much appreciated the ability to talk together & with others without screaming like so many places with loud music. The care & quality of the cocktails we had were top shelf. We had a great time there and highly recommend the Bourbon Orleans & the Bourbon O.

Room Tip: You might want to request a room with easy access to the main elevator. Our room was closer to the s...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeverlinaQ
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear BeverlinaQ,

Thank you for staying with us for your anniversary. We are delighted you found us on Trip Advisor and that you enjoyed our property and staff. I will be certain to share your nice comments regarding the Bourbon O Bar with both Cheryl and Becca. Come on back soon and bring all your family and friends from San Antonio!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

If you want to be in the heart of the French Quarter right in the middle of the Bourbon St nightlife this place is perfect. It's location is not everything though. A wonderful old style, professional and attentive staff, nice rooms, good pool area, nice fitness room and classy bar are all big positives

1  Thank PaulRCSD

Dear Paul S,

Thank you for your nice comments regarding our historic building and professional staff. We look forward to welcoming more South Dakotans to the French Quarter!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We arrived on Tuesday 6/24 at 12pm and where checked into room #144 . I very small room but comfortable to start the A/C broken that got fixed. Our room had good location ,facing the courtyard and the pool only problem the exit door to the pool was right next to us so every time somebody went out it banged. The next day housekeeping never cleaned our room until 3 pm and we ran out of toilet paper and complained to front desk. The restaurant and bar are alright nothing would return to . Now the hotel front desk is very responses to your needs and did help a lot . But this hotel is not a 4 star maybe 3 at most don't expect more. Would I return possible not. Just my honest two cents.

Dear DRman,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. As a French Quarter hotel we have many different room sizes ranging from French Quarter Queens to Balcony Loft Suites. I hope you will contact my office when planning a future visit and we will ensure your accommodation is larger and more tranquil. Thank you again for staying with us in June.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was overwhelmed with how courteous the entire staff was at this hotel. We stayed here a few nights before going on a cruise. Upon returning, we had 4 hours before catching our flight. The bellman remembered us (a week later) and was kind enough to store our luggage until we had to go to the airport. It is a beautiful hotel and ideal location. I would return without hesitation. I miss it just writing this review.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah C

Dear Sarah C,

Thank you for staying with us for a pre cruise getaway. I am delighted my staff remembered you and stored your luggage on the return trip. We are proud of our personal and authentic service and appreciate your feedback. Please let all your family and friends in Nashville know we are here for them!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We booked this hotel from a discount website for less than half the rate advertised on the hotel's website. Our tiny by US standards room was at the back of the hotel,faced a brick wall and was accessed via the service elevator with no bath BUT it was so quiet. The hotel is a half block from all the noise and partying on Bourbon street in one direction and a half block from the delightful Royal Street in the other. The hotel pool is a beautiful oasis in the middle of the hotel and is both quiet and was not very busy at any time we went there during our three day stay. I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you want fantastic value and room size doesn't matter, then book a cheap room from one of the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Melbourneleapy,

Thank you for your nice comments about our property. We certainly appreciate you staying with us. We like to think of the entire hotel as an “Oasis in a Sea of Celebration”. Come back and see us again!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I liked this hotel, with some smaller issues that I will mention below. This is the famous and historic hotel in New Orleans, and it is a pleasure to stay in this place. I know you will also not regret choosing this hotel for your stay in this brilliant and fun city. And, yes… this hotel is in the right part of town, perfect if you want to explore the French Quarter… and relax (or not) on Bourbon Street..

POSITIVE POINTS:
LOCATION!
WOW… You cannot ask for anything better than this. Right on Bourbon street, in the center of the action, with dozens of bars and restaurants within walking distance.

About this hotel, I like the historic building. It truly gives you a feel of living in the past, but with ALL the modern conveniences that you need for a comfortable stay. The staff is really helpful, and do their best to sort you out with anything that you need.

The “Bourbon O Bar”, on the ground level of the hotel is great. The bartender is an award winning expert on mixing and inventing drinks. Very pleasant guy, selling you drinks and mixing up some fantastic unique cocktails. It is a peaceful place, and with so much competition around; this bar does a nice job of keeping a relaxing atmosphere. If you are looking for more action and loud music, just walk a few seconds, and you will find anything you fancy.

A nice touch is the free coffee in the morning, and then during the warm afternoon, you can grab a complementary Ice Tea. I know it is not much… but it adds to the feeling of being welcome.

The room is decorated according to the feel of the hotel, and though small… it was comfortable. I must also commend the cleaning staff, since the hotel is spotless in every area.

The pool area and courtyard is fantastic also. This is where you can feel the touch of the past.

Lastly, on this point, I think that the price is fair. Management has done a good job of not overcharging. Not cheap… not expensive… JUST RIGHT.

NEGATIVE POINTS:
I stayed in room 555. I must say that the despite being comfortable for a 2 day stay… the room is really, really small. For two days… on business… it is OK, but if you stay for more than that, make sure you ask for a decent sized room. This room (555)… I stress… it was TINY.

The bathroom is small as well, and yes… amenities are limited, in my opinion.

Parking is ridiculously overpriced… and in peak hours, the service (although very friendly), takes a long time.

Lastly, I would like to mention that my friend stayed in the front of the hotel. Was rather unhappy, since the noise of the people on the streets did not let him have a peaceful rest. So, all in all… I could consider that I was lucky stuck in the back of the hotel, because it was peaceful… but again… TINY.

SUMMING UP:
Yes, I do recommend this hotel… and yes, I will come back definitely. However, I will make sure that I ask for a more decent sized room, since that was the main disappointment to me.

By the way… they say that this hotel is "haunted" 
Sorry to report… didn’t see a single ghost. Maybe it was because they would also prefer the larger rooms

Room Tip: Try making sure you do not stay in the TINY rooms. Ask reception for a decent sized room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Trave1Bandit

Dear Travelbandit,

Thank you for coming all the way from Portugal to visit us in the French Quarter. We certainly appreciate your detailed outline of your experiences. I will say that our ghosts have been seen in smaller rooms too!