“Not a Hyatt Hotel”

Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans
Ranked #26 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 December 2012

The Hotel in general has the feeling of a budget Hotel. We are frequent travelers all around the world and this stay was not worth the price. It's very noisy, bath rooms has low standard, no free Wi Fi, no mini bar, no bath robes and service was poor.
Forget the breakfast, eat out.
There are several better alternatives in this area.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PMG77
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans

Reviewed 28 December 2012

We are a family of 4 that is travelling around America for 8 weeks and was really looking forward to New Orleans (4 nights) and we haven't been disappointed. The hotel is very well presented and has a freshness about it. To keep costs down we booked the double queen room and as recommended we requested a room that overlooked the courtyard as we didnt want to face any of the streets - our room (483 - top floor) is very quiet just what we wanted with the beds really comphy. The staff have been very very friendly and will assist wherever they can. We have eaten breakfast in the Powered Sugar cafe downstairs which is part of the Hyatt and that was really nice and you can charge to your room. We went to the Gym everyday which is well equipped and cleaned regularly. The hotel itself is well located to the port (steamboat tours), french markets, bourbon street to name a few and we walked everywhere. The only gripe is that you have to pay for the internet and remember to turn your fridge on or you drinks will be hot and your milk will go off! All in all we had a great time and would return.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quite room ask to for one facing the courtyard and there are ones with or w...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2012

We loved our stay here. The hotel was in a great location, close to Bourbon Street, but just far enough away to not be bothered by the noise. Our room was huge, with great facilities, really modern bathroom, great bedding, and a nice outlook over the pretty internal courtyard. Everything was new and it was obvious it had recently undergone major renovations. Ate in the little cafe for breakfast which was really nice and very personal for a large hotel. Had room service one night, which was promptly delivered and delicious. No complaints here!

Room Tip: The view of the internal courtyard was lovely
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Gillian S
Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

I was there for a wedding about 2 weeks ago. The Hotel is very nice and very well kept, you can tell it is newly renovated. We had an awesome time here the location is great the banquet people who worked the event was so nice and helpful everything was really nice. Alvin, Tammy, Vera the front desk, security kint and Nannette was great. My wife had a little to much to drink Nannette personally escorted my wife to her room To make sure she got there ok. The staff here went out of there way anytime we needed something. There was only 1 thing that was disappointing, they don't have engineering here at night that's a little odd to say this is a luxury hotel the tv had constant problems, and after meeting the outstanding staff here it was a little disappointing meeting the engineer jimmy who didnt seem to happy about his job. Overall we had a nice time we are planning to come back again I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I am a loyal Hyatt customer (platinum member) and have never had a bad experience at a Hyatt. I stayed here in October. A ring that was given to me by my children was stolen from my room. I can't say for certain who took it but security confirmed the only entry into my room was with my key and housekeeping. I am very disappointed. The location is great, the facility is beautiful, but my experience was tainted by this theft.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Troy K
Reviewed 22 December 2012

We spent four nights at the Hyatt French Quart and were very happy we selected that hotel. The hotel is in a great location at the corner of Bourbon Street and Canal Street in the French Quarter. We did not rent a car and instead took a cab ($33) from the airport and we walked everywhere we went. We often went back to the hotel to use the bathroom or to pick up sunglasses, jackets etc. Our room on the 4th floor was clean and spacious with high ceilings. The room faced out on Iberville Street and there was some noise at night. It ranged from garbage trucks, construction, police sirens, crowds, etc. You have to expect noise in the city and since we are only a block away from Bourbon street you can expect it at all hours. If you want a quite hotel you have to leave that entire area or you could try to ask for an inside room facing the inner courtyard. There was a refrigerator in the room but no microwave. There was a safe in the closet to put your valuables in when you go out at night which is a real plus since many hotels lack this necessity. All the hotel areas were modern and seemed to be in great condition. The hotel staff was very nice and they even let us have a late checkout since we had such a late flight home. We would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for an inner courtyard room on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 300_Dives
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I stayed here with my husband the week of Dec.10th 2012 for 4 nights. It was our second time staying at this location, and my experience was just as great as the first the week of June 11th 2012.

During our most recent stay, they were willing to let me choose a new room when I wasn't impressed with what I was initially given. I was given the choice of 4 different rooms at no extra charge, which was really sweet of them. I picked the same style of room as last time, which had the most comfortable King size bed, a great bathroom with a tub, a large sectional sofa, and a small sitting area to do my hair in the mornings. I also really loved how the room came with a small fridge so we could keep our own beverages, and snacks in that we bought from Rouse's.

The location is amazing because it is so close to Bourbon St, but it's still quiet at night to get some sleep. Also, we were able to walk to all the major points in the French Quarter within 15 minutes at the most, which was handy when buying gifts and trinkets so we could take it back the hotel and start a new walk handsfree. I found it very helpful that it was close to Canal St so we could always start our mornings with a cheap breakfast from IHops or McDonald's.

When we go back next year I will definitely stay at this location again. I think this will become a regular hotel for us because the staff is very helpful, the room was very clean and well maintained, and the location is a definite bonus.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple